Monday, November 5, 2012

our sugar cookies with a purpose! newest cookie creation!

We had a big weekend! It was our first year being directly involved with Orphan Sunday at our church. I can never keep dry eyes during Orphan Sunday, those precious precious little ones (and I mean every age). They are all His. And in need of our help.

We love how big our church supports; widows, orphans, those in need. It is a huge piece of pretty simple puzzle. The service was set up with interviews, videos, and at the end all of those who have adopted or are in the process, walked on stage, to the song The Same Love, and stood together, carrying a sign with their country, foster care, or if in the process now, "Expecting from..."

We were so blessed to carry our sign, "Expecting from... Uganda," and I know I teared up right when I saw it. I can't help it! And it was so beautiful seeing each family walk across the stage with their signs and their sweet families. Beautiful.

The other neat thing was the families who are in the process of adopting had tables that people could stop by after the services, to tell about their process and sell items to raise money for their adoptions.

On Wednesday, I saw this cookie cutter online...

Photobucket

And told Hubby, wouldn't it be awesome to make Africa Shaped Sugar Cookies to sell as a fundraiser, along with our Prayer Calendar! Though he calls me, Lucy, with my crazy ideas, he is always supportive, and he thought it was a great idea! :)

So I ordered it, it was delivered on Friday, and we made all the cookies on Saturday! Woowee!! ;) I was nervous because this is the second time I've made and decorated sugar cookies like this!

Here they are! Africa Shaped Sugar Cookies with a heart over Uganda :)

Photobucket Photobucket
{This was only some of them!}

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

All the color combos and individually wrapped :)

I thought I got more pics so you could see all the color combos even better but I didn't! It was 1:30 am (2:30 but the clocks JUST changed back!) when we finished so I was definitely not thinking clearly ;). And I know I could have done a better job but we were working so fast because it was SO late! I was going to try some different designs but there just wasn't enough time!

Photobucket
{The color of the heart is the color of the border :)}

Photobucket  

Thank you to my friend Jenny for saving me with sending the recipes you use because I couldn't find the ones I had used the first time I made sugar cookies last year! Thank you, Hubby and Mom, for all of your incredible help!

12 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I love these cookies and would totally buy them! What a great idea to let families fundraise on Orphan Sunday! And I cried tears through the entire worship,service yesterday too. :)

The Lopases said...

where did you find the cookie cutter?!

The Java Mama said...

Those look great! I am so glad you found a recipe and if you want to share (If you can) then I would love that! I'm sure you won't have a hard time selling those ;-)
beckylbranch@gmail.com

Rebecca Jo said...

That is amazing! They look so professional! Great job! & perfect for the occasion!

(The heart on it is my favorite) :)

Joelle said...

they look great!! i am so sorry i didn't get you my recipe! these look amazing!

KatiePerk said...

These are wonderful!! You did an amazing job.

Ashley said...

Wow, you are so talented! What a special day for you guys. I'm sure you sold out quickly!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Yes, you are so very talented. They are beautiful cookies and you've got a beautiful heart for coming up with such a great idea!

Lynsey said...

They look amazing! I would totally buy them for such a great cause. You really did a great job.

Sweet Simplicity said...

They look so good!! Megan Marshall and I have done the royal icing/sugar cookie thing before and it was hard!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hi Lopases! I tried to email you but couldn't, your email address is not set up with your account, I'm sorry! I found it a few places online but ended up getting it on ebay because the seller was able to ship it quickly and for a better deal :) Let me know if you'd like more info!

Thank you so much everybody!!!

Lucky in Love said...

These turned out so amazing! What a perfect idea...and great job mama! XOXO


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved