Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

Happy Thanksgiving from the NCF!!

We had a wonderful day with family. Hubby's Thanksgiving was forever changed by FRIED TURKEY. He is telling everyone about it. Hehe. It was so so yummy! He usually eats all of the sides and things with just a little turkey as an afterthought. Sorry turkey. But everything has changed with the fried turkey. Moist, beautifully flavored, crispy skin. Mmm! ;)

Photobucket
{Thanksgiving 2012}

Oh my goodness look at all of those faces! Miracles. Silly, happy, sweet, miracles (Hubby included!). And now I must stop because I am tearing up looking at this pic. ;)

We all have struggles, difficult circumstances, tough situations, big and little worries we attempt to give fully to God, and just some tough days. But instead of complaining, I want to be thankful. Every day. Not just one day a year. This is why I tryyy not to complain a lot and especially on social media. Being real and talking about specific circumstances is one thing but not complaining about everything, all the time. We say a lot in our house, "Instead of complaining right now, what can you be thankful for?" It is a great reminder for us adults too! God has been working on us a lot over the past few years with having an eternal perspective and I think this really helps with thankfulness as well. There is so much that just doesn't matter here on earth. Where is our focus? We have a lot to work on, but we have too much to be thankful for to complain.

Have you had... experienced... fried turkey?? :)


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 

Psalm 34:1 I will praise the Lord at all times, His praise will always be on my lips.

PS Don't forget to enter my $50 Shutterfly Giveaway!!!

9 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Fried turkey is the ONLY way to eat turkey! B's family refused to do it this year, so we totally bought out own turkey and cooked it on Friday. We love our fried turkey!!

You all look gorgeous friend!!

Elizabeth said...

We do fried turkey every year too! This year my husband bought an oil-less turkey fryer so I don't think we'll ever go back to the traditional oven roasted turkey. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

I dont eat meat so no fried turkey for me... but fry any vegetable & i'm happy :)

LOVE your shirt in that picture!

Lindsey said...

Fried turkey sounds amazing!!! Maybe I'll do that next year if I get to host again!:)

Lauren said...

Adore that picture!!!!!!!! :)

Anna said...

I love this picture!

I could've written the be thankful part myself - we think alike! I've had plenty of heartache and pain and have hard days, but complaining doesn't do any good. I can look back and see how all those things have shaped me into who He wants me to be and how He's blessed me through them. Wallowing in self-pity is destructive and only brings you down further. I may be considered too much of an optimist by some, but I like to be optimistic and I like to smile!

And fried turkey is the best! I'm searching for a turkey fryer for my dad for Christmas!

MOMSWEB said...

Beautiful picture and today is also a day of thanksgiving! You're right, it's more than one day out of the year...it's everyday.
As for the fried turkey. I don't eat turkey, but my mother fries one every year and everyone loves it. Glad I dropped by!

Lauren said...

Where did you get that shirt?!? It's awesome!

I've never had fried turkey, but I hear it's a must try...maybe my dad will go that route next year!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy (very belated) Thanksgiving to you guys! Y'all look so gosh darn adorable. Look at HM's little boots. So cute.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved