Monday, September 3, 2012

Family Room Make(almost)over!

Even though we moved into our new house last November, our closing got delayed (long story... type of short sale... whew :)) until the end of January, we couldn't do anything until after we closed. No painting. No hanging pictures. No nothing. Just in case.

I keep saying, I know that fixing up a house how we like, isn't going to aid in anyone's salvation, but it can be a tad stressful and distracting when every wall is white and empty, and it doesn't feel like home.

We finally closed (yes it was just over 7 months ago ;)) and the first room we wanted to paint and get put together was our family room. This is the room that we spend a lot of time, just hanging, and playing, and chillin', and familying (new verb? ;)).

We normally try to get the house all put together and fixed up as quick as we can, but this time we are taking our time as to not take away from family or friend time. We don't want projects to take over, so we're going slow, and we're good with that. I can't wait for it all to get done, but it will. :)

The layout is a little funny but it's working for now. :) If you have any suggestions, you know we're always open ears!! :)

BEFORE...

Photobucket

AFTER...

Photobucket 
Photobucket
Photobucket
{we love the little toy corner that is not in view when you look into the room, unless you are here on a normal day with toys and puzzles and more all over the floor ;)}

  Photobucket {Reading/rolling cars nook ;) Oh dear, the pillow isn't fluffed, sometimes there isn't time for fluffing! ;)}

  Photobucket
{Haha, you can see my weights and workout stuff under the loveseat and a couple of Hubby's weights beside the couch. Real life ;)}

Photobucket
{Diaper basket on the floor, all babies know where it is so they can fetch things too :)}

QUESTIONS ABOUT STILL NEED-TO-HAPPENS...

1. The tv stand is centered right now with the couch, we'll probably move it centered on the wall? We had centered it for the couch, but we think it just looks silly ;) And I'm thinking about painting the candlesticks white...

2. Would a little table by the reading nook look too busy?

3. AND... We were thinking about doing little picture walls (just a few pics high and across) on either side of the fireplace. I was thinking it might make the room look too busy but we love the idea of having sweet fun pics up, so I think I'll tape up some pieces of paper and go for it?! Hubby used to not be much for picture walls but now he loves the idea and he is so sentimental and loves pictures. :) 

Thoughts?? :)

8 comments:

Kodi said...

I think a table would look great by the reading chair. Maybe a smaller white table- not matchy matchy with the rest of your tables. Btw I LOVE your couch/loveseat/chair. I need more info! :)

Lauren said...

Looks so so good!!!!!! :)

Ashley said...

Love it!! The color really does SO much for the room! I love the big bright windows! I do agree that you should move the tv to the center of the wall it's on, that way a table by the reading chair wouldn't be cramped at all either. And I love the picture wall idea on the fireplace wall. One thing I would do to keep that from looking too busy, is to move your 3 canvases on the tv wall closer together, so they kind of look like one piece, with just a few inches between each of them. Just a thought! :)

Lauren said...

love this! I'm all about picture walls and am currently trying to decide how many is too many? ha!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I am no help with the questions. It looks great. We have a long skinny room with a fireplace at the end, but we don't have the wall opposing it...it's our foyer. So we are very limited. I like the couches where you have them and you still have a ton of light.

Renee said...

I love the colors.

Mrs. Pedersen said...

It looks gorgeous! Love your color scheme. :)

Desiree Lynn said...

I love your cheerful colors and I think the picture wall will be great.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved