Tuesday, September 18, 2012

a lil' singing and saying memory verses :)

I have really been wanting to do more memory verses with the littles. It is such an important thing to hide His words in our hearts. And Hubby and I said, the more we're teaching them, the more we're learning them too! :)

I happened to be stalking my dear friend, Jill's blog a month or two ago, and I came across a post where one of her sweet (sweet) littles was saying her first memory verse, I got so excited. :) Her SIL made a set of ABC scripture memory verses and Jill had the link on her blog! And the verses Jill quoted on her blog about teaching/learning/memorizing scripture are right on.

I started working on them with the babies... err... the boys ;), and they've been doing great and loving it! Annnd, it's great for Hubby and me because when "a situation" erupts, I mean, occurs in our home ;), we can say, "What does your A verse {insert any} say?" They can recite it and we talk about it and remind them what God says in the Bible.

Thank you Jill and Aunt Sara!! It has been such a blessing. And they're cute. :) 

BabyBoy loves to say them all in a row, so even when learning the newest verse, they are still repeating the previous verses, and then they string them all together. :) They have almost memorized their F verse!

Here are verses A-E. :)


{BabyBoy turned 5 years old this summer :) He's so old!}


{Little turned 3 years old this summer - we couldn't imagine he would get this old! ;)}

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Be kind to one another and build each other up. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Create in me a pure heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
Every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God. Romans 14:11

And here is Littlest singing a little bit of Jesus Loves Me and Hosanna (in the highest) :-) The perfect medley. ;)


{Littlest is one and a half years old, she is growing and maturing so fast!}

It sounds like Little is saying, "Luke 6:41, but he is saying firty-one," hehe, that is still how he pronounces his 3s most of the time still, unless reminded, sweet boy. :-) Also, in his B verse, I LOVE that he says, "Be kind to another nother..." We always correct their speech and then we miss it so much when they start pronouncing things the right way, so we figure we can wait just a little bit before completely correcting that one. ;-)

11 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

So sweet, D! There is nothing sweeter than hearing our little ones recite scripture and have it in their hearts. What a precious thing!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my word!! They are all so precious!

I'm DANG IMPRESSED with those kiddos remembering those verses! maybe I need those memory verses :)

I think "Baby Boy" is going to need a name change soon :) Not so much a baby anymore!

The Littliest singing - I think I just smiled the whole time :)

Lindsey said...

So stinkin' precious! This made me smile big!!

ARK said...

so precious! Thanks for the website!

Lauren said...

these are such precious videos! I saw the idea for the ABC scripture cards and want to do that with Elyse...I can't believe she'll be singing & talking like Littlest is this time next year!

Lauren said...

This made my heart smile so big!!! This is positively the sweetest thing I have EVER EVER seen!!!!!!! Your kids are so so precious and to see those sweet voices reciting scripture, gah.... love it!! :)

Desiree Lynn said...

So so beautiful and wonderful to hear!

Ms. Megan said...

Oh they are the CUTEST! I just love their little voices and the words coming out of them :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

this is just about the sweetest thing i've ever seen.

SummitTechnology said...

That must have been really great! Memory testing is always much fun
CD printing

Promo Disc said...

I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post. Now it become easy for me to understand and implement the concept.Your art is inspiring. You're truly original
DVD replication


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved