Sunday, August 26, 2012

Don't Stop Believing... (w/ Before and After pics)

{I've hesitated in posting this, but for my records to look back on, the babies could look back and learn something, and if it helps anyone else, it's a go! Plus, before and after pics at the end! Yikes!! ;-)}

In February I found myself in a frustrating spot.

I had gotten back down to my pre-baby weight and my tummy (you mamas know what I'm talkin' about) was going down and almost back to it's new normal ;) (takes a little longer after baby #3), but almost all of sudden my tummy sticking out again. Whyyyy? ;)

After much Googling (thanks alot ;)), and diagnosing myself with many different things, I landed on what I'm pretty certain the culprit was.

Stress. Apparently there is a direct brain gut reaction and it can literally ("litrally!") cause fat around the tummy. Not cool. Not. Cool.

We had some stressful things happening, nothing terrible by any means, and though I was trusting God the whole time, and knew He was in control, my body didn't follow that lead. Type A self!

I felt really uncomfortable with my appearance. And I apologized to God for saying I trusted Him but apparently hadn't completely let it go like I thought I had. My innerds were still holding on!

I was wearing what I called a, suck-it-in-shirt, under everything I wore, every single day. That is no way to live.;) And unless, and even if, I wore really flowy tops, I was still afraid someone was going to ask me when I was due. Insert fear and feeling bummed.

So it was time to do something about it. After talking a lot with Hubby, he sweetly said, you'll just have to work it off just like any other time. Sad face. I didn't want to have to do that, this was stress fat, it should vanish on it's own. I had already gotten my belly down from our third pregnancy! And now it was back in a different form. :(

It didn't vanish on it's own... so I got to work!

I had been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred, not in 30 days ;), but I really wanted something new, something longer term, that had more DVDs, variety, and a system about it. After much research I was down to Insanity or what seemed to be a very new program Jillian's 90 Day Body Revolution. There weren't many reviews on Jillian's system because I think it was so new, but that is what I chose because the workouts were about 30 minutes long! And it came with 15 DVDs, resistance band, and meal plans, so there is a good amount of variety and I feel like I was able to build with each DVD.

I knew that I could do 30 minutes during naptime or another time during the day if I couldn't make naptime work some of the days. I was also worried about spending the money on it, but like Hubby said, we aren't part of a gym, and health is so important (and it fit into our budget). So I clicked purchase!

I started in May and for 8 weeks did the workouts 5-6 times a week! That was huge for me. Though I have worked out a lot before, this is the most consistent I have ever been. The next couple weeks went down to 4 times a week and the past week may have been 3, eeek. But I'm still going!

Here is the major point of this post! Get ready! ;)

I was pretty discouraged for quite some time, which is not good if you're trying to get rid of stress fat ;), because I was working so hard and not seeing results. Hubby kept telling me he was seeing results, sweet Hubby, but since I wasn't seeing or feeling it much, I was pretty bummed. (He says I have a skewed view of how I look ;))

Then all of a sudden at about the 8 week mark, I started really noticing a difference! My belly really started to flatten out again and get tighter. Meanwhile, I know that my arms and legs were seeing a difference too.

The past couple weeks haven't been as strong, I feel like I've lost a little of my progress, (I love food and sweets (dern DQ Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard) and have had a lot on my mind), but I'm still working it! And, you know, I would much rather workout than really limit my intake of yumminess (new word?).

Even though I have had friends and my amazing Hubby (all the time) tell me that I looked good, somehow I pretty much never believe them (still working on my self esteem issues, Hubby is amazing though :)). I just felt uncomfortable and uncomfortable in my clothes.

So, the Don't Stop Believing part!! Don't get discouraged if you have been or are working out for a while and don't see huge changes. Keep up your great work and it will happen! There may be times of a little back and forth too, but just keep working, and it'll happen! Don't stop believing!

Here is the current progression... PS I gained 55-65 lbs each pregnancy, don't judge, it's just what happens for me. ;) I weighed in last Thursday at the lowest I'm pretty sure I've ever been! Ever. I still have some more work to do on my belly, if something really stresses me out it seems like my belly bounces out again (a bit frustrating), but I'm keeping at it!

  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
{Last August pic taken tonight!}

Blessings and hugs to you if you made it to the end of this post! ;-) Thank you for reading :)

23 comments:

Kodi said...

I have never ever ever looked at you & thought you were anything but beautiful. I do see the change & I can so identify with the struggle. You're beautiful inside & out.

Giann said...

(Confession: I'm a lurker on your blog. I've been following you for a couple of years now but never commented before! I really enjoy reading about your family!)

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this because you just encouraged me immensely! :) I think I'm also dealing with stress fat too.. :p

Anyway, I hope you have a great week!


Giann said...

(Confession: I'm a lurker on your blog. I've been following you for a couple of years now but never commented before! I really enjoy reading about your family!)

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this because you just encouraged me immensely! :) I think I'm also dealing with stress fat too.. :p

Anyway, I hope you have a great week!


the workaholic momma said...

oh my goodness girl...you totally worked it:) we are hoping to be pregnant with baby #2 soon but I am serious about finding a good program once my baby making days are over...and i totally suffer from the stress gain too!! thanks so much for sharing...and congrats girl:)

Tami said...

Wow!! You look amazing! I could relate to this post in so many ways. I was doing great working out consistently and then got totally off track this summer and I can definitely feel the mommy belly coming back. Yuck! You have motivated me to get back in gear!

Shannon Dew said...

You look fantastic! Amazing results!

Lauren said...

You go girl!!!! Proud of you!!!!!! :)

Lynsey said...

You look amazing!! I completely understand the struggle as it is something I am going through right now!

Casa Cannon said...

you look fabulous of course! you always have! you know i'm forever jealous of your arms. haha.

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

It is always a work in progress, isn't it? Great work on staying motivated. I have to do group classes at the gym or I just won't do it! I have the same tummy troubles, but it's good to know that I am done with babies and things should just get better as I stay committed to my health. Good luck to you keeping at it!

Lauren said...

you look wonderful! I've been doing Zumba 2x a week and I feel so GOOD about myself! I've also been eating more healthy & doing some abs/pushups with Hubby each night. Congrats girl! it's such a good feeling when your clothes start to feel just a little bit looser!

Meagan said...

Great job!!! I'm so proud of you for keeping up the good work!!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I've always thought you were beautiful and tiny, but in your last few posts I've noticed what amaaaaazing shape you're in!!!! I was actually going to ask hat you've been doing so I'm so glad you posted this! I just had a baby 5 months ago, so it's time for me to really focus on getting back in shape. You are gorgeous! And I'm soooo excited for your new addition! :)

(The Old Mrs. cup)

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I've always thought you were beautiful and tiny, but in your last few posts I've noticed what amaaaaazing shape you're in!!!! I was actually going to ask hat you've been doing so I'm so glad you posted this! I just had a baby 5 months ago, so it's time for me to really focus on getting back in shape. You are gorgeous! And I'm soooo excited for your new addition! :)

(The Old Mrs. cup)

Desiree Lynn said...

So proud of you! I've lost all the baby weight and then some (thank you breast feeding!) but I still feel fluffy. I know working out will fix it but I just haven't been able to squeeze it in. I think now that bed time has moved to 7:15 for the baby I'll be doing some wii fit at night. Thanks for the motivation (and for getting that song stuck in my head ha!).

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

YAYY YAY!! Hard work paying off and you look absolutely incredible and fit after 3 kids!

Gooch Family said...

Way to go! Lookin fab!!

PropTiger.Com said...

It is actual cogent to the depositors of cash within the case of dealing of property where it is in Kolkata or in the other places in India to make sure about the investment in an authentic and ideal property.

Property in Kolkata

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I've always thought you were gorgeous but I can definitely see the changes in your body. You go girl! Your arms look amazing! You look amazing!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

You have done so awesome! I've always thought you were beautiful! Way to go!

Renee said...

You look wonderful. I love Jillian's 30 day shred and ripped in 30. I can tell a big difference when I do those videos (can't currently do them because of huge remodeling project). My stomach is my problem area.

Christy said...

Seriously you look darn right amazing from picture #1 to the most recent. My goodness you have some fabulous willpower and dedication!

aves_is_our_faves said...

You look amazing! Do you need weights or an exercise ball to do the plan?


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved