Thursday, May 10, 2012

Littlest's 1st Birthday Party: The Decorations

If you missed part one, click: Littlest's 1st Birthday Party: The Theme and The Cake! :)

Let's get right to the decorations! I mentioned in my last post that I made my own polka dot and striped digital papers so I could match all of the decorations and things. It was cr-azy. I had never done anything like this before, so while it was craaaa-zy ;), it was fun to play with. I used Microsoft Publisher to make everything.  For the candy labels, I printed out my digital paper, then cut out the little candies on my Silhouette. I used a utility knife to make a slit in my cut out candies and fed the white ribbon through for the labels or glued a candy stick for the cupcake toppers.

I always run out of time near the end and things get thrown places, or not set up the way I intended, or even finished, or I don't get the best pics, but it was a fun day with family and friends that we will always cherish!

We had several different "areas" for Littlest's partay. :)

Here is...

The Island - with Littlest's cake and monthly pictures :) I got some cheap cute wrapped candy ornaments from Target and Hubby spray painted them for a lil' decoration. I shredded some paper to go in each bucket.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Cold Drink Station: The little white basket had little juices for the littles, the drink dispenser had pink lemonade, and I just love the straws. :)

  Photobucket

Photobucket

The Hot Drink Station: ready for coffee, that I don't think we ever ended up making! ;)

  Photobucket  

The Hors d'oeuvre Table: One of the cheese labels disappeared! ;) Apparently it didn't want to be recognized and eaten. ;-)

  Photobucket  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Family Room: for hangin' :)

Photobucket  

The Dining Room: Candy Bar and Food Table (before it was completely set up :))

  Photobucket  

The Candy Bar: With the favor table. And I forgot to put out one of the favors! I wrapped bubbles in light pink and turquoise wrapping paper and tied each end with ribbon to look like a wrapped candy! I remembered before everybody left and was able to give some out. :)

  Photobucket

Photobucket
{not the best pic of the banner, but it was polka dot paper in the background}

Photobucket

Photobucket
{I made the stickers in Publisher as well, printed them on sticker paper, and punched them out with a circle puncher}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{I made extra wrapped candies out of fondant :)}

The Food Table: I got some big ornaments on super clearance from Hobby Lobby and spray painted them for decoration above and on the food table. We had three different types of sandwiches and cut some of them out as wrapped candies (I ordered cookie cutters online, I had contemplated making sugar cookies, but there was no time for that ;)) and others out as circles (like polka dots ;)). My mom worked so hard on the sandwiches and she made different types of pinwheels too! A friend came over and helped some that morning too. :) So sweet! Just a fun little detail. My friend Erin had the great idea to do sandwiches and it worked out so well, and we picked ones that went right along with the party colors. ;) We had cole slaw and potato salad in the white bowls, and chips in another. Hubby's mom brought the two pans of mac and cheese!

Photobucket  

Photobucket
{I cut strips of white cardstock, printed out my digital paper to cut out the candies on the Silhouette, and cut out little h's and 1's and glued those to the candies, glued the candies to the strips, wrapped them around and just put a little piece of tape to join it in the back}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next, Littlest and her wonderful guests!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very beautiful decorations! I will check back for ideas when my son turns to 1!

Shannon Dew said...

This is all too too cute! I love the colors! LOVE! Such a sweet party! ;-)

Tonya said...

Love, love, love your creativity! Beautifully done Dina.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

you are OUT OF CONTROL, woman! cute party!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Can you come plan our kids' parties? Seriously..this is awesome.

Happy (belated) birthday HM!

Amy said...

amazing!!! you thought of every little detail. i am so impressed! it all looks wonderful!

HisTreasuredPossession said...

Oh, Friend. I just love all your hard work...LOVE for sweet HM is so evident. Way to go. Everything is beautiful and so creative. I love seeing your birthday posts. ;)

love!
rach

Shannon said...

SOOO cute! Love all the details!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved