Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birthday Sweetness and Surprise Weekend

My people spoil me. And my birthday this year was no different!

They made me forget about turning another. year. older. ;) I didn't ask Hubby, "Am I too old to wear this?" and other such questions, quite as much. ;-)

Hubby and the babies began the morning of the 10th by serenading me with a sweet version of Happy Birthday, bearing flowers and a homemade card. Hubby had all of the babies ready to go and they took me out for a birthday breakfast. :)

We know how to dirty up a table and surrounding area ;) Hubby and I even dropped some of our own silverware that morning, hehe. We always try to clean up as much as we can and tip well! ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket  

Hubby had told me the previous week that we weren't even going to celebrate on "the" day, he had me for the weekend for a surprise getaway!

After breakfast, and after the gas company had to come for an "emergency" house call, Hubby took the babies and then put them down for their naps and told me to re-lax. He also took us out for a fun lil' dinner so I didn't have to cook. :) (I love cooking but it is so nice not to have to worry about it and all the cleanup sometimes! :))

And when we got home they surprised me with a cake!

Photobucket

He had worked it all out for my mom to stay for that weekend, and we were off for a relaxing surprise of a weekend. We had a relaxing little breakfast, we walked around some downtown shops, Hubby surprised me with a mani/pedi, we had a yummy lite lunch, and the next surprise was a couples massage! It was so wonderful.

Photobucket  

Photobucket

Photobucket  

Hubby checked us into our hotel and we just chilled for a bit before dinner! Relaxing in bed, in the middle of the day, not in our house... glorious. :)

Then he took me to a delicious, delicious restaurant for dinner. Oh, we ate so much, and it was such a fun dinner, with the best husband, the best! Yeah, I said it. ;)

Side-story: We always get told how young we look so at dinner, where the average age was much older than us, we wanted to take bets on how long people thought we've been married or how old we are. We think we've could have banked. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket  

I am so blessed by my sweet hubby and incredible lil' family. I am another year older and another year thankful. And even though, I definitely feel older, God has been working so much in our lives and our family every single year, I know we have so many adventures we get to experience this year, in striving to serve Him more, together. 

Photobucket

All glory to God!

10 comments:

ARK said...

Happy Birthday! You look great! Love the pics of your beautiful family!!

Jen said...

Happy Happy Birthday! :) Sounds like you had a great day! You do look gret! I love hearing about your family! Such cute kiddos! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Happy Birthday! You look gorgeous!

Lauren said...

happy birthday girl! what a perfect celebration!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Looks like you had an incredible birthday!! And you look AMAZING friend!! Miss you!

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Happy Birthday girl!! And quite possible THE BEST Birthday ever. Seriously I want to send this post to my hubs lol!! Start w happy birthday serenade and breakfast ending w pedi and a wknd date! Love it!! :)

Rachel said...

I've just found your blog and have really loved reading. Your family is beautiful.

This sounds like a great birthday celebration :)

HisTreasuredPossession said...

GIRL!! you are just beautiful and darling and so full of joy! Happy Happy Birthday.

Also, I'm crazy jealous over how clean your house looks! ;)

love you to pieces!
rachel

Mandy Rose said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You do have a wonderful hubby girl! So glad you got a break and were able to celebrate "adult style"! Loving that striped dress you are wearing!

Wendy said...

I love how you all love Cracker Barrel as much as my family does. Happy Birthday to yoU!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved