Monday, September 12, 2011

A Little Obsessed - Cake Plate Edition

Y'all know I love food. I have a super sweet tooth (I've tried to stop it but it always returns with a vengeance ;)).

Annnd I have a strong affection for cake plates. :) I don't know why, but I do. Maybe it is that it combines my love of sweets (and food) with a pretty decorative accessory.

Photobucket

I also love a domed cake plate.

The only problem is the only one that I have, has had my wedding bouquet and one bridemaid's bouquet in it (for 8 years! :)). The flowers dried themselves (without the real drying method) and they've been there, as a decoration in our dining room, ever since, and I don't want to take them out because they would get crushed before I could do anything else with them and would have to get thrown out. And it's just sweet to still have them :).

Whoa, sorry for the tangent, loved our wedding and memories of. Such a wonderful, fun, special day.

So I finally bought another cake plate with a dome ($10 from Walmart) a few months ago and I have been (slightly) obsessed with having it filled with yumminess at all times! :)

Here are some of the things I have stocked my new cake plate with (and adorned it with a happy polka dot bow):

1. Granola bars -I sub almonds for the walnuts. (I have made these at least 3 times in the last couple months) ETA: I add a lot more cinnamon :) I also cut down the sugar and we can't even tell the difference! They're also yummy with craisins instead of raisins :)

Photobucket

2. Sugar Cookies - First time practice making and decorating with royal icing (for HM's 1st birthday, not going to be tulips but that is the cookie cutter I had handy :))

Photobucket

3. Of course for the boys' birthday sweets buffet (in addition to the cake cake)

Photobucket

4. Monkey Bread - it was my *first* time making it. I kept trying to hold off because I was afraid (I knew the facts :)) that I would eat most of it myself but I couldn't hold out anymore. It was so yummy :)

Photobucket

5. A quick cake - for our small group kicking off (a few weeks belated :)) new study a few months ago

Photobucket

6. Homemade blueberry muffins - made special for Hubby :)

Photobucket

7. Homemade (semi-sweet) chocolate chip cookies - Made (many diff weeks) special for our small group and more for Hubby and us, eep! :) I did give some of the last batch to a friend whose hubby is currently out on assignment :)

Photobucket

8. Boston Cream Pie (w/ homemade dark chocolate frosting) disguised as a big donut :) - Made special for our small group

Photobucket

Photobucket

9. Scones - made special for BabyBoy for his first day of preschool (couldn't make my usual fuuuuull breakfast w/ being on the market), one of his faves :) I make these a lot!

Photobucket
{this is not my best pic of them, it's a little dark, they are really cooked to golden brown and more puffed like a yummy scone than they appear! :)}

The wonderful thing, and huge problem all at the same time, is that you have deliciousness on the counter that you can just walk by and take a nibble any time you feel it necessary (which you know with me, is quite often ;)).

So I have 9 items that I have baked on this list... What should #10 be??

6 comments:

Lauren said...

it all looks so delicious! I would never be able to do this, I would be baking all the time and eating sweets all the time! Not a good combo!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Everything looks so yummy! I love cake plates, but I don't own a domed one. I need one asap!

Stephanie said...

Everything looks so yummy!

LAURA@laurasblondemoments said...

Oh my goodness what a cute cake platter/stand and I love that you can do different colored ribbons! You did an adorable setup for the party and all of your treats look so yummy! I wish I had more creative talent as far as baking is concerned. I am hoping now that I am officially a SAHM that I will be able to work on my creative cooking and crafting skills haha!

Laura
laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Oh yummmy!! I need the boston creme pie recipe! I have always wanted to make one! What cake recipe do you use?? YUMMO! I have missed you!!!!!!!!

Renee said...

I need to get a cake plate like that.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved