Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm almost there!

May of 2010 we were flooded with smiles, laughs, and excitement over finding out we were pregs with our #3 little.

Little was 9 months old and I had just gotten back down to my pre pregnancy weight. Oh what these sweet little miracles do to a mama's body! I am not complaining, I am so thankful for my sags, flubs, and flab. ;) (I admit that I have been very self conscious about it at times but my sweet Hubby, and I loved Kodi's post about the subject too, help me keep my priorities/thoughts in the right place)

It took me about 5 months to get back down after BabyBoy (I had gained about 60 pounds, eep! partly due to polyhydramios bc of a complication BabyBoy had, healed by surgery the morning after he was born, praise God!) and then 9 months after Little (after gaining 55 pounds ;)). Not going to lie, I was afraid that time to get back down would infinitely grow after Littlest.

I gonna say it. I'm going to tell you. I told some of you already! I gained 65 pounds with Littlest. Eep! I know! :) And only 10 of that came off in the hospital. That's it!

I just gain a lot with each pregnancy. Annnd I love food. ;) When I don't feel well, I crave fried food and sweets. Couple that with being flat on my back, in bed or on the couch, sick for 2-2 1/2 months, and you know what happens. And I am still convinced that being on my back so sick for over 2 months, slowed my metabolism down. Convinced!

BUT....

I am happy and just a tad proud to say that I, at 7 months post non-medicated delivery of a 9lb 14 oz super sweet happy *baby #3!*, only have 5 more pounds to lose!!! It may not sound like a big deal to some, but for me, it is.

It took a good long while for me to feel like any of it was coming off. But I tried/am trying to be consistent and patient. Sounds easy, right? hah ;)

I took a very dangerous leap, a couple weeks ago, and tried on several of my pre-preggy jeans and they fit! Still feeling risky, I tried on a few dresses too, that I didn't even know if I would ever be able to wear again, and they fit! (I had taken this leap a little too soon, several weeks back, it was not a good outcome ;)) They could still fit even better, but it at least doesn't look like I'm 5 months pregnant anymore.

Photobucket
{Lunch date the Saturday before last :) My hair had a better poof earlier and it was no longer by the time this pic was taken! :)}

Photobucket
{the dress and heels! I wore for our dinner date :) It just feels good to put on a dress and some heels, right?}

Now, I need to get back to Shredding so I can lose the last 5 and get toned up! Nothing still "looks" the same (ETA: and not that I don't wear a suck-the-tummy-in tank top, from Target ;), any chance I can :)) but I feel like I'm getting closer now. I've been watching my portions, food (we normally eat pretty healthy but I'd been watching even more closely), and a lil' less on the sweets. And I am so much more active with the three littles. Though you know that I will not deny myself sweets or yummy foods that I love, because I don't want to overdue it because I haven't had it. KnowhatImean?

It's been a lot more difficult since we've been on the market because I haven't been cooking as much (because everything makes a mess! ;)) but I need to get back to it and finish this off. I have a big goal/prize once I get back down and toned!!

13 comments:

the workaholic momma said...

CONGRATS, girl!!! You look amazing:) Those last 5 will be off in no time!

Ashley said...

You look wonderful!! I thought you looked wonderful 9 months preggy and after that also ;) I gained 50 with my son and it took me a year to get it off, so I know that it is hard work! Congratualtions!!

Rachel said...

That is fabulous! You look great, D :)

Wendy said...

You look wonderful! I've only had one and still hanging onto that last 12lbs 6 years later. You should really be proud of yourself for taking care of you (plus all those cuties too!!)

PinkSass said...

Of course you look amazing. xo

Lauren said...

way to go girl! you look fantastic! I'm hoping I can get into my pre-preggo clothes by the summer after our precious little girl comes in December...here's to hoping (and lots of praying ;o)!

Clemson Girl said...

That is fantastic! You are doing a great job. Everytime I step on the scale at the doctor's office (31 weeks!) I mentally add up all the weight I'll need to lose lol.

Gooch Family said...

You look so great! And when you were pregnant! There is no way you put that much on, you looked fabulous in all your pictures!!

Lauren said...

You go girl!!! Proud of you!!!! :)

Elle said...

You look amazing!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

you look amazing girl!!!

Casa Cannon said...

great work on getting the lbs off! It is so hard to do!! that last five pounds, don't even stress about it. it's nothing, no one but you will ever notice, and it's not important in the scope of things! of course i'm one to talk. ha. great work! :)

Virginia Belle said...

You look fantastic! Congrats on achieving your goals and good luck with the last 5 :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved