Thursday, August 4, 2011

We're Home!

We did it! We went on our family roadtrip adventure across the US of A!

For 3 1/2 weeks. Over 5,000 miles (you read that right! ;) We had to get an oil change before we left AZ ;)). We stayed and visited fam and friends in 9 states and Hubby had business trips in two. Our longest driving day was 15.75 hours! Our #1 destination was to visit my Aunt, Dad (he had just visited here :)), and fam in Arizona. And we were so blessed that we did it, were able to do it, and I can tell you that our close little fam of 5 really bonded even more throughout our trip!

We got home Tuesday around 1:30pm and as I tweeted today, we still have not brought our suitcases in from the car, haha! So, when the boys and I ran a couple errands today :) (while Littlest napped and Hubby worked from home), I donned a tennis skirt and old shirt from my closet, ha! It is really comfy!! And was clean ;). And so excited it is non-maternity and fits ok again, although it does have an elastic waist ;-)...

Photobucket

These three little people did such a great job. There was a little fussing here or there. Times I was 'bout to lose my patience. Times we were all ready to get out of the car. But everyone really did a fantastic job; in the car, sleeping at each location, better than I anticipated, and they are good (strong-willed :)) babies.

And these sweet little people reached a new height of friendship. The boys have always been great with HM but there was a new spark by the end of the trip and is now. One of BabyBoy's new loves is making his baby sister laugh. And oh my it puts the biggest smile on our faces too. He played with her and made her laugh and smile SO much in the car. And Little too! If Littlest started fussing, BabyBoy would say, "It's ok, HM, it's ok," and Little would look over to her and chime, "K, k, Ma-may, k, k, Ma-may." Beyond sweetness.

This is how they sit, all three across the 2nd row of our Pilot (you can spot Littlest in her mirror on the left :)).

And we love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope y'all are doing great! I have so much to blog and so much to catch up on with you! "See" you and "talk" to you soon!! :)

12 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad you had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Lauren said...

So glad you had an incredible trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Michelle said...

What a fun memory! I remember driving cross country when we moved from Hawaii to Virginia. My sister & I would sleep across the backseat of my dad's little Isuzu! :)

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

ARK said...

So glad you had fun, I said a prayer for you last weekend as we were on the road too and I thought of you. Such sweet pictures, love them!

AO said...

Welcome back! :) Glad you're home safe and sound.

Virginia Belle said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a great trip, probably the trip of a lifetime. Love the pictures of your little ones, they are too adorable!

Lauren said...

so so glad y'all had such a GREAT trip!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!! :)

dottiewolf said...

I bet everyone is glad to be out of the car. And you owe me a BUNCH of pictures... LOL
Love and miss you like crazy. I miss not having anyone to go in the pool with any more.

LAURA said...

Cute pics! Glad ya'll had a great road trip and you made it back safely. Good luck on the laundry and unpacking the suitcases. It's the most dreaded part of the vacation, but so glad when it's done!

I have only a few more weeks before my due date and I am already counting the days to wear my non-maternity clothes again!


Laura
laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

Casa Cannon said...

cute skirt! I have a running skirt I just love!!

Wendy said...

How awesome! You look amazing, by the way. Congrats on being out of maternity!

Dove of Snow said...

You look amazing for recently carrying a baby! And your children are absolutely precious. Love your blog!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved