Monday, July 11, 2011

My First Vlog: Packing Tips for a (Long ;)) Trip With Littles and My Love for Plastic Storage Bags

Ok fam and friends this is my very first vlog (video-blog). And I am ner-vous to post it. :) Read below first, so I can go hide behind something while you watch my goofball self in this video.....

Before you watch!
1. I am wearing my comfy packing clothes (I am keepin'. it. real. well my hair is washed, I don't smell, and I have a liiiittle makeup on, but other than that, I'm keepin' it real in mah yoga pants (and a random shirt I found in my closet today). :))

2. I did not mean for it to be so long, but it is the first and only shot original, non-edited, complete silly me video.

3. You can make fun of me, but only to my face/comment/form of written communication to me. ;-)

4. You may do all of these "tips" already, so if you do, disregard the entire video. ;)

Things I forgot to say because I was so nervous!
1. We are traveling with three littles: ages 4 (boy. just turned 4, going on 8), almost 2 (boy. his birthday is tomorrow but don't age him by saying he's two already! ;)), and 5 months (girl. she's so old already! ;))

2. The reason I put all of the boys' clothes in individual storage bags is to keep them nice and neat, no piles of t-shirts, piles of shorts, having to sort through making sure you have what you want, and maybe things might scoot around and then mixing 4t and 2t clothes all. up. This way everything stays contained, and super quick to throw on outfits!

3. I also added some things, bags of each of their socks, tooth brushes/paste. And in the Extra Suitcase added bags of extra shampoo and conditioner to refill little bottles in our bath bag. (Annnd my mom had gotten the baggies on sale for 20/$1.00!)

4. I made little backpacks for each of the boys for the car ride too. They have a few cars/trucks, books, coloring book, crayons in a clear zip-pouch, books, stickers, a notebook to color in, and little binoculars, so far. :)

5. I'm still nervous, so I have no idea what else I'm forgetting....

Ok, you may now watch....



I'm sure y'all have some great packing for trips with little ones tips! Please feel free to share yours!

14 comments:

Elle said...

Hi there! I am a new reader. I love your blog! Your video post is fantastic.

Have a wonderful time on your trip!


xx Elle

secretwifelife.blogspot.com

Casa Cannon said...

havent watched the video yet, but have SO MUCH fun!!!

Rachel said...

Have such a great time on your trip!!!

ARK said...

I just started packing the kids daily outfits in plastic bags this summer and it has worked like a charm for three trips! I am glad I am not the only one! Have a wonderful trip, I can't wait to see all about it! Have fun on your adventures and make lots of memories!

Jenna said...

You are soo cute! Such great tips! Hope ya'll have a wonderful trip!

Tracy's Porch said...

You are adorable! Very cute vlog!

I LOVE the idea of the ziplock bags. My daughter is about to go to my mom's house for a week and I was stressing over how to keep her outfits together so my mom would know what went with what. That will be perfect. Thanks so much for sharing!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I think I'm seriously in shock over your packing skills. Can you come pack us for all of our trips please?!

Ashley said...

Your vlog was perfect!! You shouldn't be nervous for us to watch, you're so well spoken and too cute! :) I love the ziploc bag trick for outfits. Such a great way to stay organized. You are the packing queen, I must say! Those tote bags are like Mary Poppins' bag that never ends! :)

Lyryn said...

This is awesome! thanks!!!

Trina said...

Girl, you're a natural! I dunno why you thought we'd laugh at you, that was a great vlog! :) Can't wait to see ya!

Jillian said...

First of all great vlog!! And second you are so organized you are making my head spin!! I need you to pack for my next road trip!!

ourhomeinprogress said...

Oh my gosh you are so adorable! I love all the packing tips! THANK YOU!

Gwen said...

Omigosh this video cracked me up!! Those black bags must be magic or something. You just kept pulling more and more out of each one and I was thinking "geesh, those bags don't even look that full!!" It really was like one of those magic tricks! I mean, you fit 2 kites and a toy truck, and ton of other stuff into just one bag!!

Griya Mobil Kita said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
rental mobil


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved