Monday, June 6, 2011

Surprise 8 Year Anniversary Weekend: Day 1

June 8th will be our 8 year wedding anniversary. 8 years! We remember our wedding like it was yesterday. It was an amazing day and night! We had so much fun. We were on the dance floor all night. I would love to do it all over again! We've been talking about a potential vow renewal and partay for our 10 or 15 year, probably more likely 15, we'll see! :)

Photobucket

My Hubby planned the most thoughtful and fun surprise anniversary weekend for us. He did so good! He even packed trip snacks, coolers of fruit and drinks, and even chilled a bottle of wine along the way if we had to time crack it open at our hotel that night. I found out he planned it months ago, had my mom lined up to stay with the babies - all of them! And she did great. She always does great with them, but this was her first overnight with all three, and she did so good. We love her SO much!

We had so many goodbye hugs and kisses with the babies my mom said it was as if we were going to Europe. ;) We love our little people!

Photobucket

Saturday

Photobucket

Photobucket

1. We walked around a little market downtown. 2. We walked around all of the downtown shops. 3. Hubby had our lunch spot already picked out, one of THE places to eat called Revolutionary Soup. They make all of their soups homemade and they use as many local ingredients as possible. It was so yummy! 4. After walking the shops a little more we went to a must do dessert spot that Hubby had already scoped out called Splendoras Gelato Cafe. They make their own gelato everyday and from local ingredients.

I love that Hubby had everything planned out. He even scheduled some time in for me to pump. ;) And by planned it all out, I mean he PA-LAnned it. :) He even researched which shops were highly rated must sees. We didn't make it to all of them, but we had a great time walking around.

Photobucket
{THE itinerary - of which I was not privy to see at the time ;)}

Next, he revealed it was time for a couples massage! Ahhh, it was so much fun! It has been so long since we've done a couples massage and we just had so much fun together. We brought our clothes to change into for dinner and a movie (X-Men Origins). :)

Photobucket
Our couples massage room.

Then we headed to our dinner spot. Hubby had reservations at one of THE dinner spots, L'etoile. They also use local ingredients and are set in a old house with a lot of character. Hubby got the duck and I got the beef tenderloin, oh my goodness it was delicious. And we got the creme brulee for dessert which was a'ight. :)

Photobucket

At a point during dinner he said he had something to read to me, which immediately brought my mind back to the night he proposed (fabulous night!), he had written me a poem. He used to write for me a lot, and the tears formed immediately ;).

Photobucket

It reads:

My Love, My Queen

Beauty that rivals the rising sun,
Always up for adventuring fun,
Fully supportive of all I do,
These are but some of the reasons I love you.

A soft kiss in the morn and before bed,
Sometimes on your lips and others you forehead,
Your skin is soft and your lips divine,
I'm so thankful that you are mine.

As we embark on adventures yet in store,
Together we will stand as we have before,
We'll love our children and on the the Lord lean,
And you will forever be my love, my queen.

Annd, I'm all teary just typing it. :)

Photobucket
Love

Day 2 next!

15 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

What a sweet and memorable trip!

The Farmer Files said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

Kerrymarie said...

aww how cute!! :)

Brittany Ann said...

You married such a keeper! What a sweetheart! He obviously adores you. And he should. You're awesome.

Y'all are a beautiful couple.

Trina said...

Wow! Hubby of the Year!!!! What an amazing thoughtful man you have there. Congrats on 8 years NCF!

Lucky in Love said...

Holy cow...do you have one romantic husband or what?? You know what I love even more than the poem? The fact that he typed out an itinerary. Seriously. If my husband did that I would just die!! A girl can dream...

Glad you had such a fabulous time!!

daniella said...

I'm just gonna say it: E is one in a million. So incredibly sweet! You two are one of the cutest couples I've ever met. Can't wait to hear all about day 2!

Becca said...

What a sweet hubby you have! :-) And you look great - I'm glad you had fun!

Rachel said...

First of all, happy anniversary!

Second of all, you're married to a GREAT man!!

California Wife said...

Wow, what a sweetie your husband is! I'm so impressed with his planning skills, it looks like you had a fantastic surprise getaway!

Wendy said...

How romantic and special!!! Congrats on Eight great years!!!

MissBliss said...

how wonderful! so sweet. glad to find your blog through Miss E :)

MissBliss said...

P.S. You guys know how to live :).

Love the wedding pic-- adorable!

the flavor blue said...

What an awesome way to celebrate your marriage! How fun :) Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Meg {henninglove} said...

very sweet i love when i get a handwritten note definitely keep that! newest follower :-)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved