Friday, June 3, 2011

Boys' Birthday Sneak Peak and Ideas

This year it's all about cars! The boys just love playing with their cars and trucks, driving them around, lining them up next to each other, behind each other, parking them, cute boys. :) Somehow BabyBoy has picked up some of my OCD and will not only perfectly line them up next or behind each other but also by color. ;-) hehe. It is so funny (and sometimes scary) what they pick up from us at such young ages! :)

Here is a peak of their invitation :) My mom, Hubby, and I were saying that it looks like they're just popping out of the card welcoming everyone to come have some party fun! :)

Photobucket

Activities:

  • I'm going to make cardboard box cars for the kids to race around some little cones that I got. One will be a BabyBoy car and one a Little car with their names on the back and new ages on the sides. :)
  • We're thinking about having a cardboard box car ready for each little one who comes to color, decorate with stickers, car accessories - that I'll have already cut out, and their names, to take home with them, if I can pull that off.
  • I was thinking maybe pin the something (driver? :)) on the car game, but not sure... leaning towards no... I think we'll have plenty to do with the race and making their own cars, eating, and caking (ie eating lots of cake ;)) of course!

  • Decorations: Colors of the party: Orange, Light Blue, Yellow, Light Green, Red

  • Pom Poms
  • Toy cars
  • Trying to figure out how to make a tablecloth with a road on it to have cars and trucks driving on it around the food, etc., and maybe some standing little street signs.
  • I got a few other odds and ends I'll see if will fit in :)
  • Cupcake toppers and favor tags
  • Name banners
  • If I can get my act together a slideshow to play on the tv and some framed pics of the boys with a car cut out on frame :)

  • I'm going to make the cake, we'll have lots of food, my Mom is going to make her watermelon fruit bowl in the shape of a car this time!, I have party color candy, party color polka dot ribbon but contemplating dots vs. no dots, 2 bins in party colors for drinks, drink dispenser and pitchers for punch and water (with ribbon to decorate them with of course ;)), party favor bag with goodies...

    I'm open to any other ideas or inspiration for a cute car party! :)

    7 comments:

    Kristy said...

    It all sounds fabulous! And FUN! :)
    And- since I'm just now catching up on my blog peeps and missed the last few posts... HM is beyond adorable! I love the Eskimo kisses picture! Ahhhh- so cute!!! :)

    heather @ mrs. southern bride said...

    That is so cute!!! And sounds like a wonderful party in the works. :)

    Trina said...

    How fun! Your boys are so adorable! Love those smiles :)

    Oh, Sweet September said...

    Sounds like it'll be the perfect car party for those cuties! I love the idea of having cardboard cars for each child to decorate. That'll be fun :)

    Oh, Sweet September said...

    PS- thanks for the welcome back! :)

    Emily said...

    soo darling!!! LOVE.. miss you friend

    Faith said...

    So adorable! Love what you've come up with so far and can't wait to see it all come together!


    Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

    Newest Edition

     photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

    Designed By:

    Munchkin Land Designs
     
    Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved