Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Potential (HUGE) NCF Roadtrip

Some may call us crazy. Some have tried to keep a straight face when we've told them about it. Some have laughed a, "Good luck with that," laugh. ;)

We call it: ADVENTURE!

Hubby and I have always LOVED finding little or big adventures to go on together (I'll have to post some sometime :)). And we want to continue with fun adventures with our littles too!

Hubby has business trips every few months or so and the babies and I have been able to tag along with him, a few hours away to the beach or eight hours away to Charleston, South Carolina!

With a family beach trip with Hubby's family, a couple business trips, and hope to visit my Aunt, Dad (who is actually coming to visit next month), and family and let them see the babies and meet Littlest, we may have one long trip! My Aunt and fam mean so much to us. We usually save up and fly out a couple/few times a year. And one of those times is usually when the babies turn 3 months old. We keep debating flying versus driving with three littles... :)...

This is the potential plan... ;)

Photobucket

1. Vacay to Emerald Isle, NC - 5 1/2 hours - probably 1 week stay
2. Business trip to Charleston, SC - 5 hours - approx. 3 days
3. Business trip to Huntsville, AL - 8 hours - approx. 3 days
4. Visiting family in a suburb just outside of Phoenix, AZ - 24 hours - - 3 to 4 days drive & 1 to 1 /2 weeks stay

ahhhh! :) So we'd be going through Atlanta, Little Rock AR, Oklahoma City OK, the tip of Texas, Albu"coi"que and have talked with several Oklahoma friends so far about visiting :)

And here is the trip back home... - 33 hours ;) - 3 to 4 days drive

Photobucket

We figure we'll stop a couple times to visit friends on the way there and/or a couple on the way back. On the way back our route will be a little different and looks like we'll be going by Nashville TN. :)

Total trip = ~4 weeks

We drove the route back when I was 30 weeks pregnant (ETA: with Little and BabyBoy almost 2 yrs old :)) and we moved back to the east coast, and we zigzagged to visit friends along the way!

We have been talking about this for months and really want to make it work because family is so important to us and it would be an adventure. :)

I've told a couple friends how the babies, when they were younger, always slept pretty well on travel, but now that they've gotten a little older and more aware, I'm afraid they won't sleep as well and they'd be little maniacs when we visit friends along the way ;). (you know they are normally very sweet and well behaved overall :) and they do, do a good job :))

We'll still have to figure out accommodations, besides the business trips (paid for! :)), along the way, if anyone has suggestions of good towns or places to stay, eat, or things to do, when we stop, we would love it!

14 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

It's not going to be so rough....i am making the same trip from Northern VA to Phoenix in about 5 days with my 3 little people, in 2 cars. You can do it. ;)

Rachel said...

WOW!! What a trip! I'm not a mom so I have no advice about traveling with babies, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I love a good road trip!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I resent the obvious bypass of Birmingham. I'm just sayin'.

heather @ mrs. southern bride said...

OH WOW. You are my newest hero! I just love to see that there are parents who still seek adventures even with kiddos!!! Anyway, I hope you post about adventures with your hubs in the past. I love getting ideas! Let's see, if you do come through Little Rock, I can give you some recommendations. My hubs works there and it's my fav place to shop!!!

THE Stephanie said...

How fun!! Although I'm a little sad that your trip through Texas won't involve a fairly drastic southern dip down to San Antonio! You know, we have a fabulous Riverwalk! :)

Brittany Ann said...

Ooh ooh! Maybe I'll get to see you this time you're in Charleston!

Virginia Belle said...

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea! It will be an adventure for sure, but you will all have so many great memories from it that will last a lifetime.

Whitney said...

Looks like a BLAST!!!!! :)

LyndsAU said...

Um, yes you must stop and see us :) What a fun trip!!! yay

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

LL - ;) we would love to see if we can make Birmingham work out! :)

Krystyn said...

Woah! Serious road trip! How cool that you have the time to do it...you'll see some amazing things.

Couldn't help but notice the ATL on there....you'll have to let us know when you'll be here so we can try to meet up (if you want to!)

California Wife said...

Oh my goodness, that trip looks like quite the undertaking with 3 little ones... you are very brave.
My husband and I have made the drive from Indiana to California numerous times, but never allowed ourselves to stop and make it fun. Straight through all 5 times, and it was hell. I can imagine with all of your other fun stops, it can be an amazing road trip! You should do it!

Wendy said...

I know that I am a new reader to you but I live in Huntsville. If you need to know anything about my area, please just let me know!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Wow baby that will be a trip, but what fun to do it with your best friend!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved