Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthday Weekend Surprises

Over the weekend, on Sunday April 10th, I took a big step into the 30s. I turned 31! Normally, the number doesn't really bother me, tis but a number ;), but this year... I feel old. :-)

Maybe because I have been married for almost 8, amazing, years. Or have three, sweet growing so fast, babies. Or am in completely terrible shape right now (and have a ton of baby weight to lose ;)) and I feel... slow. ;)

Hubby made it a super special birthday, he was so thoughtful with everything he had planned! My mom was out of town and he didn't trust anyone else to watch all the babies yet (good boy ;)) so he planned the day with a little bit of everything.

It really turned into a birthday weekend. :) Friday night after the babies were in bed, Hubby went out and got some sushi for us while we relaxed and watched some shows. :)

Photobucket

Saturday was a day full of surprises! Surprise #1: he got all of the babies all dressed up to take me out for breakfast. All the boys had on their cute pink shirts (the littles were pink checked and Hubby's striped, I love boys and men in pink!) and HM had a sweet smocked pink dress. :)

Photobucket
{since it is near impossible to get both littles with their big smiles in the same pic... here is Little's big smile (hehe)...

Photobucket
...and BabyBoy's happy smile while Little's smile was getting a lil tired, haha}

Photobucket

Surprise #2: he handed me keys to his car, had the GPS set, and sent me to a cute little downtown near us to go to a spa! :) He had everything paid and just sent me with some money for tips. I had a facial and a massage, it was SO nice! My back has been hurting like crazy and my face definitely needed some love and attention. :)

Afterwards, I walked around a cute little shop called Monkees and got a fun blue polka dot scarf for the spring.

Hubby had it all planned out, because Surprise #3: when I got home it was during the littles naptime (he had already fed them lunch and put them to bed), and he had the table set for two, candles, flowers, and a huge spread of Chinese take out for lunch. SO sweet! It was time to feed Littlest and after she ate she sat in her bouncer and hung out with us while we ate. :)

Photobucket

Surprise #4: After the babies got up from their naps, they all took me out for ice cream. It was the first time we had all been out for ice cream in such a long time. It was so yummy and so much fun. :)

Photobucket
{I chose a Peanut Butter Craziness - don't remember the name ;) - dark chocolate, R's peanut butter cups, R's pieces, with peanut butter swirls. Whoa. I shared too! :)}

Then on Sunday! My mom came over (yay!!), went to church with us, we had to stay a little bit longer to recruit a couple more couples for our small group. Hubby and I got to go for a lunch date to a new little sushi place! SO good! We came home, I fed HM, then we went out for a MickeyDs ice cream cone ;), and then we went to play a little tennis. It felt so good to hit around again! It has been so long.

Photobucket
{We got three dishes and split them all :) I was so excited about the sushi and food, I forgot to get a pic of us ;)}

It was a fantastic birthday! Hubby spoiled me and I love how thoughtful he was.

And these cute little people sang Happy Birthday to me the whole weekend! Well, Little just smiled while BabyBoy sang :-)

Photobucket

23 comments:

Whitney said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday! :) This sounds like such a special weekend!

Mrs. Potts said...

What a wonderful birthday weekend! Your Hubby put a lot of thought into everything & it really showed.

I think you look absolutely fabulous!

Faith said...

You have got one wonderful husband! I love all the surprises that he planned for you. Y'all are all just so precious!

Emily said...

precious little family you have!! So so presh!!! miss you

The Shabby Princess said...

You are NOT 31!!!! Seriously?! You look fabulous sista!

I'm glad you had a good birthday--you're amazing!

xoxo

Becca said...

Aw what a sweet hubby you have! :-) And happy belated birthday to you!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

How thoughtful and kind of your darling husband! Sounds like you had a great birthday.

...and we love McDonald's ice cream cones too! :)

emily said...

he has set the bar high!!!! =) happy birthday. glad you had a wonderful weekend!!!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

What a great weekend! So glad it was special!

daniella said...

He did spoil you! Just like he should :-) Miss you and your beautiful family. Happy (beleated) birthday!

Karah said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!! Love all the pics. Miss you lots.

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Aw, you have the sweetest husband ever!! What an amazing weekend! Happy belated birthday!

Mrs. C said...

Your husband is so sweet! Sounds like a perfect birthday!

Trina said...

Wow, what an impressive surprise! Hubby did an awesome job :) Happy belated Birthday!

USCEmily said...

Happy birthday a few days late! What a wonderful weekend it sounds like you had- your hubby did a fabulous job!!

Lindsey said...

What a fab birthday!! Love the pics and your hair is getting so long, gorgeous!!

Brittany Ann said...

You have a keeper there! Happy Birthday to you!

The Farmer Files said...

You know, I love a man who knows how to do take out RIGHT! And also, love the GPS trick!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

wow. I need to come let the hubs read this post. He did good!!

Glad you had such a good birthday sweet girl! And you look amazing!

Casa Cannon said...

great pics and what a fun day!! your hair looks great!

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful birthday indeed!!

I think husbands know to really bless their wives when we are not too excited about the new age we are acquiring. I was sad about turning 30 and my husband threw me a surprise "murder mystery in the roaring 20's" party.

May your 31st year be one of your favorite's. Just found your blog and love it!

Heather said...

Happy birthday!! Looks like you got spoiled very well. :) Jealous of all that amazing look Sushi, hee hee! ;-)

Miss E said...

What a perfect bithday weekend! And how sweet of your hubby to plan everything out so perfectly!

PS - I'm drooling over the pics of your sushi! I cannot wait to enjoy some myself once sweet V gets here :)

xoxo


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg
Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved