Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Naming and Party for Littlest :)

A couple weeks ago we had a Simchat Bat/Hebrew naming ceremony/partay for Littlest! Simchat Bat literally means, the joy of daughter, it is a fun and exciting day to celebrate with family and friends and also when she gets her Hebrew name*. More on the ceremony and all the dets in another post! :)

Photobucket

Names are so important to us. I love talking names and baby names and hearing the stories and meanings behind them. I think they are so special! We always aim to name our littles after family. If we don't use a first or middle name, we either try to find a beautiful name with the same meaning, or use the first letter of a name, something to honor family that we love and who mean so much to us. I get quite sentimental about it! :) There are such fun, wonderful stories about each namesake, some strong men and women of God, and of these amazing women of the Bible too!

Photobucket

Our baby girl!! We are in love, can't say it any other way. :) We are so blessed by her sweet little self, she is so sweet and laid back, and just a happy little love!

Photobucket

Photobucket
{she was so sleepy when I was able to take her pic :)}

Photobucket
{little socks my Mom got her that matched the top of her dress perfectly :)}

Proud Daddy! Who admitted how much fun it is to have a little one in pink ;-) He still wants to take shooting classes and get a shotgun ;), but he's wrapped around her tiny little finger. :) He knew he would be! :-) Even before she was born he was telling her about how he would take her on dates (for special time and to show her how she should be treated :) when she starts dating at 19 ;)). And that makes me an even more proud wifey.

Photobucket

Nothing short of a super proud mama :) I am obnoxiously proud of all of our littles, I know! ;-)

Photobucket

Sweet little chat with Daddy :) Doesn't she look so comfy? :)

Photobucket

Look at that little face and those cheeks!!! :)

Photobucket

Ahh, I can't get over these little people!!!

Photobucket

Sneaky peak of the banner :)

Photobucket

Next post I'll show you all of the decorations and goodies! :)

*If you're a new reader, I am a Jewish believer, meaning I was born and raised Jewish with the belief (as Christians) that Jesus is the Messiah. :) We go to church and still celebrate all the Jewish holidays (with Jesus incorporated in them) [and Christian holidays (I started celebrating with Hubby after we started dating)]. :)

19 comments:

Michelle said...

I love HM's Hebrew name...it's so beautiful!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love everything here... the American AND Hebrew names (that is so cool)

Love all the pictures... nothing like a hat with a pretty bow on it & little baby girl shoes! :)

I just love the glow in your faces as you both look at your daughter... so beautiful & touching

Joelle said...

great pics! she's a doll and you're hair looks great!

Karah said...

Love the decor and she just looks so precious in her sweet dress. Miss you and love you sweet friend :)

Virginia Belle said...

This post is absolutely precious! I love her name, it's beautiful. You have the sweetest family :)

d.a.r. said...

So precious!! I love the invite (or the card) that explains the meaning of the names, that is so sweet and meaningful!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

love, love, love. miss you all!

Trina said...

So sweet! I was actually surprised you shared her name{s} on your blog though because I thought you kept them private. At any rate, both of her names are beautiful!

The Farmer Files said...

That dress and hat are to die for, LOVE LOVE LOVE them! She is a gorgeous baby. ;) So do you put the Hebrew names on the birth certificate, too?

Beach Bum & Baby said...

How beautiful is this! I love that you showed us what the names mean and all of the gorgeous pictures!! I just want to eat her up - she is SO cute!! I wish I could have been there for her party!! We must get together over the Spring/Summer with all of the littles!

You are such a wonderful mommy and I want you to know how much I look up to you! Honestly, you are one of the reasons I want 3 babies now. You make it all look so easy! (I know, it's not all easy, but it's all SO worth it!)

Sending you all HUGS!! xoxo

Newlywed Next Door said...

Can't wait to see the rest!

HM is adorable!

Ashley said...

Beautiful pictures and love the names!

The Shabby Princess said...

I love both of HM's names, they are beautiful. When we have children, I want their names to reflect their family and their heritage--I think that's so important, and special. They'll always know their namesake! My first name was just what my parents could agree on, but, my middle name is after my cousin who is my mom's brother's daughter--my mom's brother and my dad were best friends which is how my parents met. She is my favorite cousin! And my little sister's middle name is a combination my my middle name and my dad's middle name--I love that!

xoxox

Krystyn said...

So so cute. She looks adorable and I'm sure you all enjoyed her celebration.

Mrs. Business said...

This is such a cute post! I love the name banner and the cake was beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I can't wait to see the rest! What I can see, you did an amazing job. And you look great girl!!

So happy for all of y'all!!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Love all of this!!! The name and the traditions! I love that you incorporate all of your Jewish traditions into the Christian faith...it's a beautiful "full picture" of who the Lord is! I would love for you to do a post sometime on each of the holidays and the way you celebrate them.

One of our good friends is a Jewish believer and we LOVE celebrating the holidays with him! :)

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Oh, and I forgot to say how PRECIOUS those pictures are!!! And the looks on your faces just MAKE the pictures! :)

Becca said...

Hey, this is your youngest sister! Just wanted to say congratulations, I am so excited about my new niece, she is gorgeous! I would love to come and see all you guys soon :) Love and miss you lots!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved