Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's closing!... What to buy??

Our beloved Borders in the super fab shopping center 5 minutes away from our house is closing. Closing! They have/had the best coupons... maybe one reason they're closing*.

I love to read. Though I have fallen of the reading train recently. And call me a dork but I love to read non-fiction, biographies of interesting folk, based on real life books, or classics (ones that I may or may not have read in high school [I enjoyed school {dork :)}, but I didn't like being forced to read every book. ;) I still did well with cliff notes and such when I didn't read the entire book but I digress]), but this past year I was also referred by nuuumerous blog and twitter friends to get on the chick lit train. So I thought it would be a good idea to go back and forth from a heavier read to a light fun read.

Hubby maintains that his ideal bedtime is 8:30pm, haha, but our ideal is to watch some of our shows together after the babies are in bed and then go upstairs and read before we go to sleep. Alas, that hasn't happened as much for a little while. I'm trying to get away from my current night-owl-ness (I go back and forth every now and then) where I'm awake but too tired to concentrate and remember what I'm reading. You know where you read one sentence 15 times and still don't know what it said? Just me? ;)

Here are just a few (or so) of the books I've read recently... ok make that in the past almost year (I've been a lil tired ;))...

Photobucket
{The Little Lady Agency, The Grapes of Wrath, Something Borrowed, Love and Respect (w our small group), The Help, Mennonite in a Little Black Dress (currently reading)}


What are some GREAT books that you've read recently or all time faves that I should try to buy from the going 0ut 0f business Borders for 5o+ percent 0ff to read... soon :)??


*There is talk that Barnes and N0ble will be taking it's place which is great but still sad because I could get such great deals at Borders.

10 comments:

Beach Bum & Baby said...

It's so sad that they are closing so many stored. I like Borders too! I love coupons - and I love books as well!!

I am having an awful mind-blank of good books for you to buy. I have been out of the reading loop for SO long. I swear, all I read are baby books!

I hope you all had a good weekend!! I know you probably had lots of snuggles in this cold weather (which need to hit the road!) with your sweet littles!!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

1000 gifts, for sure. Do not miss it, friend.

Fiction: I liked "A Rather Lovely Inheritance" for total fluff but fun. Mystery, travel, but not really that intense. Also like Lauren Willig for historical fiction, some of her books are more pg-13, but some are not. Email me for a list.

Happiness Is... said...

Our Borders is closing, too :(

I love Same Kind of Different as Me, Snow Flower & The Secret Fan, The Glass Castle and The Longest Trip Home....oh and A Long Way Gone!

Waiting for Bulgaria said...

I like to alternate between heavy reading and light fun books too. I love fiction. Beverly Lewis writes great Amish fiction if you're into those type of books. When I need a light read, I read JoAnne Fluke's books. They're definitely not classic lit, but they are a good light read. I also like to read and reread the classics. I find that I enjoy them a lot more when I don't have to take a test on them :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I LOVED The Help!! I just can't believe Borders is closing :(

Lauren said...

I loved Something Borrowed. You need to read the other two books by her called Something Blue and Love the one you’re with and the heart of the matter. Also, read Water for Elephants, so so good. And don’t know if you’ve read the triology of Hunger Games yet, another great read!!! :)

USCEmily said...

Some good ones I have read recently are Water for Elephants, Ape House, and Same Kind of Different as Me. I have several on my to-read list, like The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Becca said...

Water for Elephants is, of course, great. I also am reading "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" right now, and it's fascinating :-) I love bookstores so much! Sad yours is closing!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I was doing so well at the beginning of the year with reading and then somehow just slacked off so I have no recs! I actually am going to borrow a few that were just recommended to you! I will say, read the other Emily Giffin books. They're good, fun, light reads.

Tracey said...

Came across your blog and enjoyed "visiting". :)
I have read Love & Respect. Liked it.
I love to read...well when I find the time. My friend just lent me a book called, Radical, by David Platt. Maybe you've read it? Anyway, makes you think...however steps on your toes. Ouch, but in a good way. :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg
Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved