Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fooood, Glorious, Foood

Y'all know, I love food. I love sweets, and I love food. I'll thank my family for that ;). It's been a while since I've posted what I've cooked recently. Partially because I hadn't been cooking as much outside quick and/or inventive dishes (loaded baked potatoes, breakfast meals, a poppyseed chicken I froze before HM arrived, etc.)... if at all for a lil while ;) - we were SO blessed after Littlest was born, we received over a month of meals from friends and MOPs! - so it is time. :) None of these are extraordinary dishes but they are yummy and comfort and did I mention yummy? :)

1. Panko and Parmesan Tilapia with Roasted Brussel Sprouts (yummy :), baked with the leftover topping from the tilapia), and leftover Mashed Potatoes.
I used less than a tsp of mayo on each filet but I'm sure it would be good with all of it too. :)

Photobucket

2. Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Brown Rice
I can't find the recipe I used (tweeked) and another one (I tweeked :)) for the sauce... It was really fast and easy though. I think I just boiled the chicken, cooked up some onion and garlic in a lil oil, added the chicken, diced water chestnuts, and sauce -mixed soy sauce, lemon juice, and a little sugar. I'd make a different sauce next time, but it was quick and worked. It was a big hit.

Photobucket

3. Artichoke Chicken (modified) with Rice (I ran out of brown rice) and Roasted Broccoli (tossed with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic salt and a bit of parmesan to compliment the parm in the chicken ;)).
I decreased the mayo to about a 1/2 cup and used the rest light sour cream. Last time I added spinach too and it was yummy. It turned out a little more "browned" this time (had to make sure the chicken was done :) and I even cut the chicken breasts in half because they were so big), but was really good. Another big hit.

Photobucket

4. Chicken Pot Pie with homemade crust. ETA: and a Pumpkin Pie with homemade crust.
SO good! We all gobbled it up so quickly and downed the leftovers. It did not last long. I've made this before and it is so good. And I always add potatoes. Love potatoes. Not my best looking crust, I need to work on how I "finish" it, but it was yummy! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

5. S'more Pops. So fun! Indoor s'mores :) ETA: I made for small group this week :)
I use semi-sweet chocolate chips. I like to melt them over a double boiler, just boil some water in a pot and set a (heat safe) bowl over it and mix until it melts (you'll need a pot holder, it gets hhhhot). I did it in the microwave last time and didn't like that way the chocolate turned out. You have more control over the double boiler. Crush graham crackers (before you melt the chocolate). And off you go!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy cooking! Have you cooked any delicious new or tried and true recipes lately?

13 comments:

Lauren said...

YUM!!! That looks so delicious! Definitely loving the Smores pops!

PinkSass said...

You are super mom!

Virginia Belle said...

Wow, it all looks amazing! I just bookmarked the artichoke chicken, it looks so delicious!

the workaholic momma said...

Wow...everything looks so delish - esp. those smore pops..im going to have to try those!!

Jillian said...

Yum!!

The Pink Chick said...

Oh my! I must make those smore pops very soon! They look absolutely delicious!!!!

d.a.r. said...

Oh YUM!!!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

The artichoke chicken looks divine!!!

Lindsey said...

You are super mom, wow! I'm impressed, those meals look yum!

California Wife said...

I just bookmarked that Artichoke Chicken... it looks amazing!

Lindsay said...

Girl! Last time I visited you, you had just had Next Edition!! Ha! Look how much I've missed.

Congrats!

Rachel said...

I think I might need a smore pop right about now!

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness...I MUST try these S'mores! Thanks for sharing the recipe.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved