Monday, January 10, 2011

Family Room Makeover (and Littlest Update)

As most of you know, we've been in the process of making over our family room for quite some time now :) Woowee it takes time! Our room was just confused. :) The layout was driving us crazy and we loved hearing all of your suggestions. We are pretty excited with the way it turned out!

ETA: Remember this is the first before and after from when we first moved in!!

We started by getting new furniture, we'd been looking for SO long and were so excited to find such a great deal. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Soooo, here is how it looks now! We still have some more little things to do, the decor on the mantel and on the new side tables (love :)) and maybe the wall art needs to be a little different but this was a good start. :)

What we did:
1. Removed the railing in between the family room and kitchen.
2. Built new mantel and put tv up (conclusion was this was the best spot for the tv, left the room the most open)
3. Rearranged furniture and decor.
4. New side tables (CSNStores.com), bigger lamps for side tables (crazy good deal at Hobby Lobby), new rug (great deal from CSNStores.com). We LOVED hearing your votes for the rug. It turned out that Hubby and I chose the one that the least of you chose, oops! :) The reason for our decision was: 1. This was the largest size of all of them and we needed a big one, and 2. We felt like this one was more a more classic design that would "go" better with the rest of the decor of the room and house. :)
5. Hubby replaced ceiling fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{the back left (and right) corner is pretty underutilized right now, lots of empty space... maybe a ladder shelf or something would look good if we moved the side table to the other side of the loveseat but then we wouldn't need the tall lamp, I don't know! :)}

New mantel!

Photobucket
{we designed it and just had the mantel itself a little larger so we could set the tv (and screw it down) on the mantel instead of mounting it (very expensive to do, especially into brick, and not as permanent)}

Reading corner by the fireplace :)

Photobucket

Hidden toy corner - we live and play in this room :)

Photobucket

We got some white wire cover/holders from Best Buy and Hubby rigged up the wires so they would be the most hidden they can be! :) You just cut them the length you need, stick them on the wall where you want them and then you can even paint them any color you want.

Photobucket

You know I am no designer so if you ever have suggestions, I always love to hear what you think! :)

Littlest Update
We had our almost 40 week appointment this morning. We are now 2 centimeters dilated and about 75% effaced, Littlest is at -2 station, and I'm pretty soft now. But especially since this is my third delivery, everything could happen pretty fast. There are some more details too but I don't want to anyone to be afraid of TMI ;) but I have no problem talking about it, after having a baby there is no such thing as TMI ;) and with fab friends who haven't had a baby yet but want to know, there's no TMI either ;-). And there are tons of things that you can do to help your body get ready for delivery, let me know if you want to hear about them :).

So here is the crazy updated prayer request :) : It is supposed to snow tomorrow! AND we think she could come tomorrow too (based on our discussion/happenings at today's appt)! There are a bunch of reasons tomorrow morning would be great, including the doctor in the hospital who delivered BabyBoy and Little will be there, and we would be able to make our drive up to the hospital before the snow begins and we won't have to worry about having to make the drive after there is inches of snow on the ground (other drivers, conditions, etc. eep!!). And of course for the health of Littlest!

Thank you thank you thank you! We can't wait to introduce you to her!!!! :) And I will be tweeting as many updates as I can ;) throughout labor and post delivery! :)

Lots of hugs and love, thank you for all of your love, prayers, and support you given us already!!! :)

37 comments:

Gooch Family said...

The room looks SO SO good! And I'm happy to say I was with you on that rug :) Looks great! And, cannot wait to see little Hannah Mae! Good luck with it all!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Everything looks so great! Thinking of you and Hannah over the next few days too.

Joanna said...

Looks SO good! Praying you deliver tomorrow :) Can't wait to see her sweet face!

Aly said...

Oh my gosh! I love the new room! Good luck with littlest, can't wait to "meet" her!

The Shabby Princess said...

OH MY WORD!! D, it looks GREAT! I love it. I love the new mantel--where did y'all get it? We're going to get a new one very, very soon and I LOVE yours.

It looks great, y'all did an excellent job. The colors work so well together.

You and Littlest are in my prayers.


xoxox sweet friend

Karah said...

Your living room looks so great!!! I love that you took down that railing, to me that made a huge difference. My only suggestion is I would move the 3 prints down just a little. They seem a little high :) Just a suggestion, I am no decorator either, hence my hubby does it all! I love the color of yalls living room too. What color is it? Also praying for your sweet family and safe delivery. Love you!!

Annie said...

your living room turned out perfect!!! i love it all, esp the fun pillows! :)
i will be praying hun! can't wait to see your little doll!

Casa Cannon said...

looks awesome!

Becca said...

The room turned out wonderfully! I love it! :-) And I'm so excited for your new little one coming soon - I'll be praying!

Virginia Belle said...

The updated room looks fantastic! I love the rug you picked and your couches are perfect. I'll keep you in my prayers for a safe trip to the hospital and a safe delivery. I know you are so excited to meet your sweet baby girl :)

Lucky in Love said...

Your room looks amazing!! And I adore the rug. And those wire covers...had no idea they existed. You rock my world...

And yeah for baby girl coming so soon. I'm getting my membranes stripped tomorrow so our little girl could come super soon too! Have you ever had that done?? Wishing you the best of luck friend!

Team Clancy said...

I LOVE the new room. The colored pillows on the couch are my favorite and what a great way to hide the TV wires. I might have to look into those!!!! Good luck tomorrow! (And I am 22 weeks pregnant with my first so the more "TMI" the better :-) )

Sarah said...

The after looks so good! I love the orange and blue together! Best wishes for your exciting new baby arrival soon!

jenn said...

love the make-over...just in time for baby girl!!! yay!!

love the pops of color you have through the pillows and wall art!!!

praying for a smooth delivery for you!!!

Sassy Engineer said...

Hi! It has been soooooooooo long since I have commented, but I promise I'm still reading. I LOVE what you have done with the family room. I think the wall art is perfect, and I love how it pops with the pillows and rug. Beautiful :) I will keep you in my prayers as you prepare to deliver littlest! I hope the snow holds off.

Katie said...

Good luck with baby #3. I would love to follow your tweets. I've sent a request. It's from @Katie_Waters

The Branches said...

Oh it looks great and I can't wait to meet little miss Hannah!!! So excited for you!

Preppy Little Dress said...

Beautiful transformation! I really like the blue you chose for the walls!!

Miss E said...

Love how the family room turned out! Love the color! Still sending prayers for Littlest's arrival. Can't wait to hear she's on her way and everything is going smoothly!

Sara said...

Love, love, love the room! I especially love the pillows! Praying for you these next few days!

California Wife said...

It looks fantastic!!!! I love the couches!
Good luck with the delivery of your sweet girl, I can't wait to hear how it goes!

The Farmer Files said...

I really love the room re-do!

Clemson Girl said...

I love the colors in the living room. So inviting!

Shannon said...

OMG this looks SO good! I love all the punches of color! Layout looks much more user friendly too! Great job!

Krystyn said...

The room looks great...and I think you did great on the rug.

Sending up prayers that things go easily for you and your delivery.

Mrs. Potts said...

This looks fabulous! Love the rug & the "prints". they add a great color to the room. Nice job taking out the railing too.

Got you all in my thoughts & prayers.

ourhomeinprogress said...

I Love it! The rug looks awesome! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

It looks fabulous! Seriously, it looks so good!!!

Will be praying for y'all! And little miss! Can't wait to get back up there and meet her!

At home with the Howells said...

Love the new furniture and the wire covers really hide them well. Looks great.

A Southern Accent said...

It looks great! Just love all of the pops of color! It takes a while to put together a room, I don't know how people do it full time! I would never get anything done. Thinking of you guys and praying for a quick delivery! Can't wait to "meet" your sweet little girl!

Following HIM said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new makeover and room style. It's awesome! You are in my thoughts and prayers as littleist waits to arrive on her time.
~Elyse

Domestic Goddess said...

It looks so great! I love how just re-arranging furniture can make a new change. Great selections on the new decor and good luck with baby girl!

Rachel said...

Love your new living room. It looks fabulous!!!

Michelle said...

Once you have kids there is definitely no such thing as TMI!! I'm with you on this. ;)

Love the living room & how it turned out! I soooooo need to visit Hobby Lobby.

Michelle said...

Once you have kids there is definitely no such thing as TMI!! I'm with you on this. ;)

Love the living room & how it turned out! I soooooo need to visit Hobby Lobby.

In this wonderful life... said...

the living room looks AWESOME!!! Love the color pops!

wechosethelifewelive said...

this is gorgeous. i wish i had a family room like that!!!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved