Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guest/Babies' Bathroom Makeover!

I am in full on nesting mode and Hubby and I have a ton of projects we're trying to complete before Littlest makes her grand little (I'm hoping she stays in line with the boys' weights and doesn't outweigh them! ;-)) appearance! We're trying to do as much as humanly possible and ourselves to save money, we wouldn't be able to do most if we didn't do them ourselves. So here is one of the things I really wanted to get done for the babies* and guests!

Guest/Babies' Bathroom: Before

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Guest/Babies' Bathroom: After

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really wanted something that was colorful, fun, and cheerful for the babies but not too cutesie for our guests :)

What we did:
[1] *Took out sliding glass door - SO much easier for bathing babies, otherwise you can only open half the door, and for curious, cute wiggly babies, that can get difficult ;) (they've been taking their baths in our bathroom. and especially after Littlest arrives, it will be great that my Mom can bathe the littles in their bathroom when she's over and we might be resting :))
[2] Repainted and took down fishy wallpaper - not the look we were going for :)
[3] Painted vanity! - this was our first try at painting cabinets/vanity!
[4] Added hardware to vanity
[5] Replaced vanity top with granite - replaced ourselves :)
[6] Replaced faucet & lighting - Hubby installed to save $ (he taught himself how to do everything!!)
[7] New accessories - towels and mats (Walmart), shower curtain (Target), candle stick (clearanced at Kohl's), candle (clearanced at Pier 1), vase (clearanced at TJ Maxx), mirror (discounted from Home Goods :)), shower curtain rod and hangers (I can't remember where I got them, I checked so many stores to find the best deal, I cannot remember! :)), towel holders, toilet paper holder, hook on back of door (all discounted from Lowes, and #4, 5, and 6), canvas basket (Target), wash clothes to go in canvas basket (Target and Walmart)

I would love a couple canvases to hang on the walls that incorporate all of the colors: orange, blue, pink, green, white, and yellow! I haven't found any so far, so I might have to do something custom! Any ideas, let me know! It could use something else on the counter too, I just haven't found anything yet :) and both things on there happen to be pink because that's what I found for the best deal :)

We're happy with the way it turned out. I know it could have looked more incredible, but for being on a budget and the price we paid for everything, we love the new look. :)

34 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow what a dramatic difference!! I love it!!

Mama Dew said...

SO SO cute! I love all the bright colors!

Mama Dew said...

SO SO cute! I love all the bright colors!

Joanna said...

Amazing transformation! BEAUTIFUL!!!

daniella said...

Love it! I'm a sucker for polka dots. You did a great job, I'm a big fan of the outcome.

A Southern Accent said...

So cute! I love the colors you picked! So happy.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love it!! Huge difference!

Krystyn said...

Wow! Very impressive..and such a nice change.

Kristy said...

So cute! I love the colors in there! :)

Clemson Girl said...

It looks adorable!

Rachel said...

It looks GREAT girl! You guys have worked hard!

Suggestion for canvas...once your new little one is here, take a pic of the kids in the colors you want for the bathroom and have that put on a canvas...just a thought :)

Becca said...

Oh my heavens I LOVE it! That polka dot shower curtain could not be any cuter!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

Love all the bright colors! So sweet. I am so impressed with all of your improvements! I have the same old lighting fixtures and faucets in my bathroom that I would love to change out to be new ones like yours! Great job!

Gooch Family said...

Looks FABULOUS!!!

The Branches said...

It looks GREAT! You guys did a fabulous job in there and it's just perfect!

Mrs. Mess said...

That looks awesome!!!

Sarah said...

Good job mama! looks so cute! :)

Beth said...

LOVE the new look!!!!

Karen At Home said...

Wow, it looks amazing! I thinking taking down the border and swapping out the shower door did wonders for that room! Great job!

Karen

THE Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, girl!!! It looks fabulous!! I'm super impressed with your granite counter top!!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

It looks SO good!!!!! You did a great job!

I had an idea for an original canvas. You can paint the canvas a solid color (maybe orange) and then do all three of your kid's footprints and hand prints in different colors, kind of overlapping. It would be fun to have three different foot sizes and hand sizes! Just an idea! :)

Lauren said...

Looks FANTASTIC!!!! Love it!!!! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love all the bright colors!! Everything looks great and I'm very impressed that you all did it all yourselves!

Annie said...

i LOVE it!! it turned out fantastic!! i love all the bright colors for the kiddos!! :)

Heather said...

I love how it turned out girly!! It looks beautiful and I love the polka dot shower curtain!! The colors are great and it's beautiful!!

Joelle said...

looks fantastic! the vanity looks so much better-i'm obsessed with painting them in my house too!

Amber said...

Great job! I'm impressed that y'all replaced the counter top, faucets and lighting yourselves! Good work, friend :-)

Miss E said...

Love the makeover! And I'm so impressed you all did so much of it yourselves. So beautiful!

C.Brooks said...

Looks great and you've inspired me to tackle our own projects!

Happiness Is... said...

When I saw the before pictures, I was like "I hope they put a shower curtain up b/c that would make such a difference," and sure enough, it totally changes the room! Love the white cabinets, too. Good job!

Scott Family Fun said...

Wow! That looks great. I am impressed that you did the granite yourselves...now you need to do a "how to" post!

The Shabby Princess said...

It looks amazing. Love the colors you used. So pretty!

OK, you have to tell me--how did you remove the sliding door? We have that in our guest bathroom and I hate it. That bathroom will eventually become the kids bathroom--when we have kids and I know that the slider is so hard when trying to bathe wee ones. Seriously, how did y'all get it out? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!

It looks great, seriously--so pretty!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Looks great and I am very impressed with all of your DIY projects! Bravo!

Do you have Aaron Brothers near your? -- they have get canvas kits and then you can paint your own abstract are :)

Renee said...

I am impressed! It looks great!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg
Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved