Thursday, September 30, 2010

New York!! Day 3

Ohh, we had another wonderful day in New York on Day 3! The weather was gorgeous, we walked until we (read: I) almost couldn't walk any more, we ate delicious food, explored, and saw another fun show! All of which included: Wall street, Ground Zero, Chelsea Market, the Staten Island ferry, The Stanton Social, Marry Poppins, and Serendipity 3! More dets and pics below :)

Beautiful judicial building (I forget which one!) and very cute guy :)

Photobucket

Pretty fountain and big preggy ;)

Photobucket

Ground zero. It was pretty emotional as Hubby and I walked around the site, talking about what happened, seeing a new Tower go up, it was surreal to think about it again while being right where it happened.

Photobucket

We took the (free) Staten Island ferry ride to glance at Miss Liberty and take a relaxing ride around the water.

Photobucket

Then we walked to Wall Street to check out where all of the financial happenings... happen. :) The buildings in NY are amazing!

Photobucket

Cute guy and le bull :)

Photobucket

We took a short jaunt through Tiffany's, more on that later!! I think it was my first time in a Tiffany's :)

Photobucket

Then, Hubby wanted to find a whole in the wall pizza place while we were in New York, and we ended up finding the cutest little shop! And the pizza was so yummy!

Photobucket

Don't worry, we went back for another slice! You don't think this girl could survive on one piece of pizza! ;-) You know me! :) Preggy or not :) (p.s. mine is the huge plain cheese piece!)

Photobucket

Then we took the subway to Chelsea Market, a c-ute indoor market filled with boutiques and cute little eateries. We stopped into a dairy shop and got some ice cream, made from fresh ingredients from a local farm! Mmmmmm! Cute guy getting ready to dig in :)

Photobucket

Then we took the subway back to our hotel to rest for a few and get ready for dinner at The Stanton Social! We had heard such good things about this restaurant, and it was SO fun and yummy! All of the food is in small, appetizery portions, meant for you to order many dishes to share. Our waitress said a table of 2 normally orders about 4-6 dishes. We ended up getting, the Edamame, Wild Mushroom Risotto Cakes, Short Rib Soft Tacos (they were beef!), Spicy Lamb Souvlakis, and Potato and Goat Cheese Pierogies :) mmmm :)

Photobucket

Then it was off to the theater for Mary Poppins. It was really cute, fun set, and musical numbers. :)

(side outfit note: I am not used to wearing outfits like this - sweater dress (I was actually going to return :)) and boots, but it was comfy, and the boots were clearanced at Target before we left for the trip ;), so I thought I'd try it :))

Photobucket

I only put this in here so you can kind of see the cute sleeves on the dress :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the show, we headed to the much talked about Serendipity for dessert! We got the frozen hot chocolate and cheesecake (they have a minimum purchase per person :)), Hubby was also wanting cheesecake while we were in New York! :)

Photobucket

It was another great day!! :)

p.s. I really didn't have time to do my hair much so just pretend it looks glamorous and y'all have been so sweet, I felt like the pics, especially from Day 2, were definitely not my most flattering, but it's all about the memories, and those I LOVE!! :))

If you want to catch up here is: Day 1 (Jon Hamm!!!) and Day 2 :)

13 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I think you look ADORABLE in your sweater dress & boots!!! :)

I had to laugh - it looks like Mary Poppins has her hand in your purse!

Joanna B. @ Newlywed Tales said...

You look great! and it looks like your NYC trip was a success!!! We are going to see Mary Poppins in November! so excited! Never been to Serendipity, I want to go because of the movie ha!

Sarah said...

LOVE the dress and boots :) so cute!

Lauren said...

Love it all! You look so adorable...I'm getting the itch to visit a big city very soon! Unfortunately that probably won't be happening so I'll live through you guys!

Newlywed Next Door said...

WOW - looks like another great day in NYC. You two are so cute!

I love the pic of you in the street. :)

Newlywed and Decorating said...

You are making me want to take a trip to New York right away! So much fun!! Cute dress and boots at the show!

Casa Cannon said...

so glad you guys had a great time! great pics!

Lauren said...

What a FUN trip!!! You make me want to go back soooo bad!!!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love the sweater dress and boots! You look so cute girl!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

You all really hit such great spots! I hope you enjoyed Mary Poppins, it is one of my favorites.

Heather said...

What a great trip girl! It looks so fun and you look beautiful in front of that fountain and in the middle of the street! So fun, glad y'all were able to get away!!

Jen Clark said...

The more I read about your trip, the more I think how brilliant of a choice it was! It seems like the best place to go while pregnant b/c you can eat whatever your heart desires! (Can you tell that all I can think about these days is food???)

The Shabby Princess said...

Girlfriend, the sweaterdress and boots? BEAUTIFUL.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved