Monday, September 27, 2010

New York!! Day 2

To catch up on our amazing New York Day 1 (and our exclusive with THE Jon Hamm!!!) click here!! :)

On Friday, Day 2, we had a chill day walking around Greenwich Village, Soho, Little Italy, and a touch of Chinatown; we had some fabulous meals at some famous restaurants, and the GREAT Broadway show Jersey Boys in the evening!

We bought a quick breakfast on our one block walk to the subway and grabbed a spot to eat after we got off the subway, before walking on our way. We walked just a bit through Greenwich Village on our way to Soho.

Photobucket

It was so much fun leisurely walking around, seeing all of the beautiful buildings, and shops. We didn't do any shopping; you know we're not big spenders but it helped that I was preggy and could essentially only shop for shoes or accessories :-). I almost got a cute pair of flats but they were more expensive than I normally spend and unfortunately not comfortable enough. But I do love to get a fun souvenir, like a little piece of jewelry or something that I can wear and remind of the places that we've traveled to together! So I up getting a fun pair of earrings from a street vender (story another time!).

Photobucket

After we saw Soho, we headed to our lunch destination! Katz' Deli! My Dad reminded us that we needed to go to one of the great Jewish Delis for our New York experience! :) So after pre-trip researching we settled on the famous and highly rated Katz'. Their walls are lined with photos of all of the presidents and actors that have eaten there. Annnnnd Katz' Deli is where Meg Ryan's famous "faking it" scene in When Harry Met Sally was filmed! After confirming with our docs/nurses (again), I was good with getting a piping hot, extremely fresh pastrami reuben. It was SO good! They make all of their meats there, everything is so fresh and yummy! We had to get a knish too, mmmm (and some fries ;))!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we walked to Little Italy! We got a real Italian ice, just like ones my Aunt Dottie and Dad used to get when they were little, it was so yummy and refreshing.

Photobucket

We saw a little bit of Chinatown and were so ready to get back to our hotel, rest for a few, before getting ready for our dinner and show! We walked SO much, my feet hurt so bad, they have never hurt like that before :) I learned that I need to invest in some very comfy flats! :)

After a short rest, we went to Bobby Flay's Bar Americain for dinner. It was such a fun experience! The service was incredible. Hubby unknowingly dropped his napkin off his lap at one point and one of the hovering/roaming (but unobtrusive) waiters picked it up, walked away, came back, and in a slick and obviously trained way, quickly shook and got Hubby's new napkin ready to ever so gently fluff and slickly lay in his lap. :) He was like the Batman of waiters! I wasn't the most fond of our waitress but the food was yummy and the service was fantastic. We got the vidalia onion soup for an appetizer, Hubby got the snapper and I got the filet mignon, and we got creamed corn (very yummy) for a side.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we walked to our show for the night, Jersey Boys! It was so good. We are still talking about it! Great singing, and acting, and story. It was so fun and funny, and we were singing the songs for the rest of the trip. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the show, partially because we had 12 blocks to walk and partially because my feet felt like they were going to fall off, we took one of the bike, carriage, guys back to our hotel :) It ended up being more expensive than we thought, whew!, but it was worth it :), and he hopped off a couple times to get a pic for us in the middle of Times Square. :)

Photobucket
cheese! :)
Another fun day!

18 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

The Reuben alone would have made the trip worthwhile to me! YUM!

Another fun day in NY - glad you enjoyed another great show!

daniella said...

Oh man, that Reuben is making my mouth and all my insides water. You look so chic and cute in all the photos! Such an awesome early baby moon you two had. You've very blessed to have your mom live close to you. Very. See you tomorrow morning!

Joanna B. @ Newlywed Tales said...

The Reuben! Oh my the Reuben! It looks delish! I'm taking my hubs to NYC for his birthday and Jersey Boys is on the agenda! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed it!

Karah said...

Looks like yall had a wonderful time!! :)

THE Stephanie said...

YAY! Looks like you guys had so much fun! And you are just so gorgeous! :)

Jenna said...

What a fun trip!!! I ate at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grille in Las Vegas, and I would love to try his restaurant in NY!

Lauren said...

So fun! That restaurant sounds awesome & so does Jersey Boys! That's definitely on my list of must sees!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

So much fun! That sandwich looks delish! And the bike ride cab sounds fun :)

In this wonderful life... said...

ahhh so fun!! my tummy is wanting all that yummy food!

Dottie said...

Wow looks like you had an awesome trip, that is great. Yep would so have enjoyed some of that Chocolate water ice myself, dad prefers the cherry. LOL So missed you not coming here but so glad you got to do something special.

Love and miss you all.
Aunt Dottie

Lucky in Love said...

Your trip looks amazing!! So glad you had such a great day :)

Lauren said...

SO much fun!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics!!! Feel like I was there :)

Amber said...

Awww I'm so jealous of all your shows and good food :-) I'm SO glad y'all were able to get away and enjoy some time together. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Kristin said...

Look at your cutie cute baby bump! And those deli sandwiches look amazing!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

That Reuben!! YUM!! Looks like another perfect NYC day!

amy (metz) walker said...

Your trip sounds like it was absolutely amazing...

...and I wanted to make sure to tell you how stunning you look and how adorable your baby bump is! I know that you struggle sometimes with remembering that youre amazing and beautiful. I just thought I'd remind you!

Renee said...

Looks like another wonderful day. That reuben looks so good!

ARK said...

Love to visit NYC and I am enjoying reading and seeing the pics of your trip!Love all the Regis and Kelli stuff, soooo fun!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved