Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just for fun Tuesday

Everyone is talking about it, the excitement is mounting, it's the biggest talk around! Fall! For me it's cooler crisp lovely temps for great fam walks (and boy do I need the exercise! :)), scarves, lots of scarves! Great accessory, they still fit preggo or not :), chili and cornbread (big batches!), smooth warm homemade soup (personal goal to make more this year), chicken pot pie, boots, jeans, maybe a sweater dress (we'll see how it looks on this preggy :)), cute coats... it's just around the corner!

The item at the top of my wish list for this fall is boots! I cannot even remember the last time I bought a pair of boots, there are always so many to choose from, then I get sticker shock, and don't buy! Everyone is talking about riding boots and they are cute, but I feel like I'd look goofy in them. What do YOU wear them with?

So, I don't know if these are "in" or not, but I've been thinking the fold down boots are cute for a while, and while at the mall, browsing for a couple house items (we came out empty handed), yesterday, we passed by Charlotte Russe. All their boots were on sale for $20, I tried these on, Hubby liked them too, and talked me into getting them....... :) $20!

Photobucket

Trying them on at the store...

Photobucket

I've been wanting these pillows in orange, perfect for our family room (similar to ones from Pier 1, A Southern Accent! I'd seen them there and then SA suggested them for our FR, along with some other cute ones!), but nobody has them! I saw one at Homegoods a few weeks ago, and didn't end up getting it because it was a little beat up and there was only one, and I haven't been able to find any since! I've seen different colors but not my orange.........

Photobucket

I keep seeing things at TJ Maxx or Homegoods that I like, then don't buy, and then they're gone! I saw a pair of nude round toe heels a couple weeks ago, good brand, didn't buy, gone! Pair of boots, gone. Pair of gray comfy fake Uggs, gone. :) Sometimes it's just fun to look anyway :)

And just because, here are all my boys at our last appointment for Littlest! We bring the show with us every appointment, but they're always so excited to see and chat with everybody, we have a great practice. We all love hearing her heartbeat, and sometimes BabyBoy will throw in a, "Hi, Littlest" :)

Photobucket

It's a little blurry, took it with my phone:) But how cute are they??!!??!! Oh do they make you smile or what?!?! ;) *sorry, very proud mommy and wifey here :-)

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Those boots are cute!! I always get sticker shock too but this weekend I pulled the trigger and ordered some riding boots from Lands End.....but have no idea what I am going to wear them with!!
Love the picture, that smile is too much :)

Lauren said...

Those boots are adorable and of course your family is adorable as ALWAYS!!! :)

Gwen said...

So, so, so ready for fall. I love the new boots!!! I've been wanting a pair of riding boots but I think my figure would look funny in them. Besides...I don't do skinny jeans. TJ Maxx is definitely a jump or miss store. I never find shoes there though. Lucky girl. XOXO

Happiness Is... said...

Cute boots!

I'd wear riding boots with skinny jeans, leggings and dresses...lots of potential!

Melissa said...

Umm, I think I need those boots! Only $20? WOW!!

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Love those boots!!! What precious boys!! :)

Rachel said...

Ahhhh fall! So glad it's right around the corner.

As for your questions about riding boots, I love to wear mine over skinny jeans and with tights and sweater dresses. I am a big fan!

Amber said...

Those boots are SO cute! Are they comfy? I don't really need another pair of brown boots but those just might be too cute to pass up! The pair I have, I wear over skinny jeans, with bootcut jeans or with dresses and leggings.

Cute pic of your boys! :-)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Haha! K's little grin in that picture is making me LAUGH! So cute!

The boots are adorable!

Anne said...

I love the boots and your boys are PRECIOUS! (Can't believe you got all 3 smiling at once.) Such handsome men to love on Littlest when she arrives!

Karah said...

I have been looking at some fold over boots too. Ross has some that I really want. PS: Could your boys get any cuter. OMG I could eat them up!!!

Becca said...

Oh I LOVE the boots :-) they actually look just like some that big mama posted on her blog a while ago, but the ones she posted were way more than $20!!

and your family is too cute!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved