Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Exciting Organization - Spices Edition!

Who else gets excited about organizing?? Come on, let's hear it! Less mess and clutter, nice and neat prettiness, easy to find "things", controlled chaos, maybe even alphabetized, color coded, labeled, controlled chaos ;-). Are you getting excited?? Type As, maybe?

When I saw, what I am about to show you, here, I knew I wanted to do it! I might have smiled and gotten excited right when I saw it. :) Who are we kidding, I did. It may have taken me years but I did it! You know, moving, life, and as I've mentioned before, I drive myself crazy with price shopping, I have to get the best deal, and sometimes am afraid to pull the trigger on a purchase, making sure it is THE RIGHT purchase and I won't regret it. It is quite the process, I exhaust myself just thinking about it! I have gotten better overall, maybe because I have grown tired and weary from the drawn out insanity of it all. :) I said overall ;) Anywho, random spices everywhere, hard to see what you want, spice chaos! It had to be fixed!

ETA: I love cooking, so I'm in the spice cabinet all the time, or try to be in it all the time ;), some weeks are better than others :), so I love that this makes them easy to find, and easy to open and measure (or just sprinkle or dump) too! And so neat!

Without further ado, I bring you, Organizing Your Spices!

Before

Photobucket

Photobucket

After

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies I used:
[1] Clear labels: I used these (ETA: cheaper in the store I think) and then downloaded this so I could use any font and font size for my custom labels! I used Edwardian script font about size 36 for most spice names, having to adjust based on length of the name.
[2] Spice Tins: I got these.
[3] Organizational excitement. Check.
[4] Spice rack: I ended up getting this one, based on measurements - enough room for a "front row" of spices because I had so many, and worked for one side of the cabinet.
[5] A little OCD. Hmmm, check check. ;)

Photobucket
I was too excited to get them all in there, I forgot to get the spice rack in the pic ;)

Happy organizing!! ;-)

p.s. don't touch the labels with wet phalanges or it will rub your letters off! :)

18 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh wow...I love it! I'm a little organizational OCD as well...but it makes me happy!

Lauren said...

Oh wow...I love it! I'm a little organizational OCD as well...but it makes me happy!

Nina @ AccordingtoNina.com said...

I'm speechless! Wow, I'm so impressed by your ability to do ALL of those little containers, refill, label.. all while taking care of 2 small kiddos and being PG. I'm childless still and not PG and I'm not sure I could make it through that task alive :)

Brittany Ann said...

Be still my beating heart! I love it!

Casa Cannon said...

looks great!

Domestic Goddess said...

OMG! You are a girl after my own heart! I live to organize things and cleaning out my closet is always the best day of the month! :) What an impressive spice cabinet!

California Wife said...

WOW, I'm in love and definitely want to steal this project idea! My spice jars make me crazy!

amywelborn said...

Oh wow....I am MORE than impressed!

Joanna B. @ Newlywed Tales said...

OMG!!! WOW! I am beyond impressed! I've organized everything BUT my kitchen cabinets! I admire your patience and dedication! that's just awesome :)

Happiness Is... said...

That makes my heart happy!

Newlywed and Decorating said...

It's beautiful!! I love organizing too :) My spice rack, er disorganized shelf, could use a makeover like this! Thanks for the ideas.

Ashley said...

LOL, I love it! I really need to do some spice organizing of my own. I've got my eye on a spice rack from the container store :)

Kerin Lee said...

Please come organize for us. Seriously. We NEED you!

Kristin said...

What a difference! Why haven't I done that yet?

Emily said...

i want to do this!! Such a great idea;) thanks for sharing my dear

Whitney said...

WOW! Girl, I LOVE that. It is so elegant and beautiful. Come do it to my house. I'll sit and chat and bake you cookies. Please????

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oh my goodness, I'm SO impressed. My spice cabinet is mess and I can't even see all the way back. I may have to give this a try!

Courtney Crocker said...

You have totally inspired me! I love to cook and looooooove organization! I love the custom labels... so cute!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved