Tuesday, August 10, 2010

we're house projecting!

Ok, that was supposed to be a cute title to say we've been working on house projects! :) I need to work on my titles, they're either goofy or straight boring :).

We have an uber long list of house projects we've been working on! There are always things that we want to do to make our house feel more like a home, aren't there?

When we first moved in to our new house, we painted almost the entire home ourselves! That included taking down rooms of wallpaper, more rooms with borders of wallpaper. I can pretty much guarantee you we will never use wallpaper ;)!

One thing with decorating though, is we have always been so cost conscious, sometimes that has resulted in purchases that we "settle" for, instead of absolutely love. I was talking recently with some friends about that very thing, settling! Don't buy a piece until you know you love it and it's just what you're looking for. Decorations and furniture are definitely investments.

So, we got up some framed art. Most we already had. We would love to get more up, we just don't know what to get! :) But here are a few things that we've done in the past couple months:

[1] The addition of our initial to the wall when you walk into the foyer. The mirror we already had didn't fit, so it went on the wall perpendicular (even though I'd eventually like a different one :)), and we thought the letter worked out great for now:

Photobucket

[2] Curtains are finally up in the family room and kitchen! It's amazing how much they help finish a room. (again, not the "perfect" ones for the rooms, but it's what we had): The new loveseat was in the pic, I blurred it out, next post is the new furniture reveal! :)

Photobucket

[3] New light fixture for the dining room!

Before:
Photobucket

After:
We have a Tuscan theme going in the dining room, all based off the art on the right wall :) We thought the new light fixture went so well with the theme. (all of the furniture is still hand-me-downs from friends or family :))

(tissue pom poms anyone?? :))
Photobucket

Photobucket

[5] We moved the old family room furniture into the living room! There are still things to do in here, but now it has furniture! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

[6] Also in the foyer, I got a wonderful shelf on clearance at Target and thought it would be perfect for the entry way (flowers from our front yard :))!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These were all just fun, little, changes, and I am not a decorator by any means, so if you ever see anything that doesn't make fashion sense, please let me know! I love honesty in friendships, and y'all are friends, so you better tell me if something looks goofy, k? :)

Next up... a mini family room makeover!! That is, a mini, family room, makeover... not a mini family room makeover for a miniature doll-like house... it's our family room, with a mini makeover... oh syntax! :-)

12 comments:

Kristy said...

Very cute!

The Farmer Files said...

Love all your cutesies, and I totally want an F for my house. But I won't have a "my house" while we are in MA. The only little funky thing I will comment on because I ADORE them when I see them...because they fascinate me...is that a little crystal door handle??!?!?

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Everything looks great, I especially love your big "F"!

Lianna Knight said...

Looking GOOD :)

Becca said...

oh I love it! :-) I especially love the initial - decorating with letters is my favorite though!

At home with the Howells said...

We have a similar chandalier in our dining room. The color orange you painted your dining room is the color of our bedroom. I don't know what that says of our decorating style. Hopefully it's good!

The Shabby Princess said...

It looks great! I love the light fixture in your dining room and the paint color, so pretty! Isn't it fun pulling everything together? We've been in our house for 2 years and it just now finally feels the way I want it--but, I still need curtains! Ack!

Lauren said...

Everything looks so wonderful!!!! You have a beautiful home :)

Newlywed Next Door said...

Looks great! I like the burnt orange dining room the best!

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

Kristin said...

Looooove your dining room wall color!

Clemson Girl said...

I just love home projects! Nicely done. Loving the blue color on your walls.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved