Monday, August 30, 2010

Treat Time! Indoor Easy S'mores: S'more Pops

What if I said, chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers, without the bugs, gathering wood and twigs to make a girl scout fire, and no sticky hands?! Indoor, easy, yummy, special treat, fun s'mores! They are caaaaalled..... S'more pops. I knew we were going to try these after I spotted them here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What you need:
Marshmallows
Toothpicks or Lollipop sticks (or anything you can skewer your marshmallow with)
Graham Crackers
Chocolate

Photobucket

We only had left over tiny toon marshmallows (from when I made the fondant for the littles' bday cake) :), I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, and all I had to poke was toothpicks, but we needed something for dessert, had little else in the house, and I was too tired to bake (it was getting towards bedtime, but we needed dessert to watch with our evening shows :)).

What to do!
*Melt the chocolate, either in the microwave at about 20 seconds at a time stirring well in between until melted, or over a double boiler (glass bowl set over a boiling pot of water, stirring constantly).
*Crush the graham crackers. You can just toss them in a baggy, smash away, could be a good release too, and it's efficient, effective, and nice and easy clean up (tip: let the air out of the bag when you seal it, so you don't pop it sending gcracker dust everywhere - we did not find this out from personal experience, though we did have a little escape out one side :)).
*Then poke, dip dip... i.e. poke toothpick into marshmallow, dip in chocolate then in graham crackers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then ENJOY!!! :) Like here, when a lil scruffy Hubby tried to pick off my display S'more pop ;) and you may have noticed an extra hand in the first pic.... that was the same Hubby digging in because I wasn't preparing them fast enough yet :-).

Photobucket


18 comments:

PinkSass said...

Ha, I was wondering why the marshmallows looked so small in the pics. But that just means you can eat more!

I am SO making these. I love s'mores so much it's silly!

Casa Cannon said...

Love those. yours look delicious! i made some back in jan, but did the bigger version. http://djcannon.blogspot.com/2009/12/smore-bites.html

Tara Gibson said...

oh now these are adorable! so making these for something this fall! yummmy!

Kelly said...

These look yummy!

Mrs. Classic said...

I love these!!! I must find a reason to make them now!

...::Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Those look AMAZING. Will have to make them soon!

Our Plain Life said...

So simple, but yet so brilliant. Definitely will be using this as a t.v. watching snack in the future!!

The Shabby Princess said...

How cute! And fun! Love, love, love this!

Lauren said...

Yumm!!! That's so fun!

Olga said...

How smart!! Love this idea!!

thanks for sharing =)

Happiness Is... said...

Those look delicious!

Gwen said...

YUM!!! I was just telling a friend that I wanted smores. LOL!!! XOXO

Heather said...

LOVE IT!! So cute and they look so yummy!! Great idea!

Oh, Sweet September said...

What a fun (and yummy!) idea! I like, I like :)

At home with the Howells said...

I love it! I bet that would be a good kids party snack at school.

Together We Save said...

These look yummy!! I will have to make them sometime.

Lauren said...

Look soooo cute and yummy, ha!!!! :)

In this wonderful life... said...

YUMMY! thanks for sharing :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg
Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved