Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Food Fun

I love to cook and bake and most of all, I love to eat! Who's with me??

I think there is something really relaxing about cooking, and chopping, and such a sense of accomplishment when it's all finished and hopefully yummy! :) I also love that we know every ingredient going into the dish, and especially when it's all or mostly fresh ingredients!

Onto the food! I've tried some new recipes lately, here they are!

Sushi! Ok, this one isn't new, but we LOVE sushi. The boys too! It is our favorite food! Favorite!! (Salmon, tuna, snapper, mackerel nigiri and maki rolls, are what we mainly stick to :)) While I'm preggy, I've only been making veggie, mainly avocado, sushi at home. mmmmmm! Serve with (light sodium) soy sauce and wasabi! (and the babies can only eat veggie)

Photobucket

I usually make about 7 or 8 rolls at a time :) Normally plated prettier, but too hungry to make look prettier this time! haha
Photobucket

Photobucket

Proof of the littles' sushi love! You can get little chop stick helpers for the littles, BabyBoy loves using his chopsticks!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You may want to strip the baby for sushi, the rice gets and sticks everywhere! :) He says, "Why am I eating sushi half nakey?" haha
Photobucket

Photobucket

Artichoke Chicken*: Ok, if you love spinach and artichoke dip, you'll want to make this!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I spooned some extra sauce/cheeseyness on top so it might look a little funny, but so yummy!
Photobucket

Rasberry Oatmeal bars*: These are SO yummy!

Photobucket

So, I forgot to take a pic of when the prettiest ones were cut, we were so hungry, these were daaaaays later the last couple that were not the prettiest, but still yummy! ;)
Photobucket

Scones: A lovely special breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea! I make these pretty often :) from a Betty Crocker Cookbook.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let me know if there's one you want the in depth recipe for! They're all so easy! I have little changes or tips too, let me know! Happy cooking!! Bon apetit**!

* I have tips or changes!
**said like Julia Child ;)

14 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I am SO impressed with your sushi skills! I am marking this in my reader, so I can come back to that chicken recipe. yummmmmmy.

Shannon said...

No way! I can't believe you made your own sushi! Girl you do have skills!

Happy Friday, I'm a new reader but can't wait to come back!

itsyaboykorki said...

wow oohhyumm!!! hi there nice blog im korki

http://peeandcree.blogspot.com/

The Shabby Princess said...

So impressed that you make sushi--yum! Can I come over for dinner? ;)

Renee said...

Everything looks great! I would love the scone recipe.

Mrs. Potts said...

I got so hungry reading through this! We love sushi, but I haven't ever tried making it at home. Is it difficult? I would think you'd get better at it the more you made. :)

Rachel said...

I am not a sushi fan. I know, I know. I wish I liked it, but there's something about it, the texture I think, that I just don't like very much. BUT, that chicken recipe looks delish! I am saving that one :)

5th Belle Avenue said...

YUM! These all look amazing!! My saving grace this pregnancy has been tempura pumpkin sushi rolls at an awesome sushi place. YUM.

Michelle said...

Seriously, I'm drooling!!

We love sushi. We love Kim Bop, too (Korean sushi). It's filled with veggies (Choi's at Central Park has it...it's what my son always gets when we eat there whenever we're in town).

That chicken? Must. Save. That. Recipe.

And, totally craving the raspberry bars & scones!!

amywelborn said...

These look GREAT!! Can't wait to try!!

jenn said...

i love california rolls...so, these avocado rolls look delish!!!

The Pink Chick said...

Wow! Everything looks so yummy! I am definitely going to have to try the artichoke chicken. I LOVE artichokes!!! I am impressed by your sushi too!

Thanks for sharing! I love the pictures of your boys! They are so cute and growing so fast!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I cannot believe you did sushi at home!! Way to go momma!! I took a class on how to make it, but never did outside of the class.

Lauren said...

Sooooo yummy!!!!! And I absolutely LOVE sushi. Looks so DELISH!!! :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved