Sunday, July 25, 2010

Have you ever felt like...

...you were just on a hidden camera show, like Candid Camera, Punk'd, Boiling Points, or TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes??

Either in your home, or somewhere out in public, during a shopping trip, or eating out at a restaurant.

Well yesterday, that was us! We had a contractor come to our house to give us an estimate for some work, to see if we wanted to do it ourselves or if it was worth it to have someone else do the job. Here is how this seemingly normal situation played out :)...

First, the contractor got lost, after already being late, called Hubby and had him on the phone giving step-by-step directions for about 20 minutes, until he all but pulled into our driveway. When he arrived, the chit-chatting and talking began :), but he didn't want to talk about the job, at all, until both Hubby and I were in the room, and Hubby was taking BabyBoy potty. So as we stood there waiting, the contractor asked if he could use the restroom because he'd been in the car for so long, no problem, but Hubby and BabyBoy were in the downstairs bathroom, and the contractor couldn't wait, so he asked if he could go upstairs! While going upstairs, the chatting continued, then after he came back downstairs, before he could begin his shpeal, he asked for a glass of ice water because he parched, no problem! He proceeded to ask for three refills and was unable to talk in between sips of water, so we, no joke, I couldn't make this up, had to wait, just standing/sitting there awkwardly, until after he drank each entire glass of water, before he could continue to talk about the job. ha! He chatted and talked about random things for forever, even though we tried to talk about the job :). He finally discussed the work, drew up an estimate, then went outside to make a phone call home, came back in, and as we were finishing up, he asked if we had any ibuprofen because he was starting to get a headache, and of course we kindly obliged!

We couldn't help from smiling at different points at the amount of time he was here (and talking :)), because one thing right after another, it kept getting more silly. When he went outside to make his phone call, we couldn't help but laugh, and I said to Hubby, we have to be on Candid Camera! :)

Have you ever felt like you've been on a hidden camera show??

11 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

LOL, wow. I do feel that way sometimes!

Lauren said...

haha! We definitely would have been feeling that way! I love those situations that are just so absurd you have to laugh!

Suz said...

I'm glad you guys could laugh about it. I'm afraid I would have been so annoyed! :) You guys are great hosts even to your prospective contractors!! :)

Kerree said...

All the time! There is always something happening to me that is so totally stupid I cannot possibly believe that it is real.

Casa Cannon said...

that is soooo strange. and yet, contractors are some of the most "interesting" people I've met. it's like you are practically begging them to give you a good reason to give you their money and yet, they can't show up on time, etc.

Lauren said...

Okay, this is just bizarre and WEIRD all rolled into one, LOL!!! :)

daniella said...

Since becoming a mom, I think I'm on candid camera every day. I'm certain that one of these days a camera crew will burst through my front door.

Wow, at least he felt comfortable enough to ask you of water and medicine! You never know nowadays. Also, I hope you Cloroxed the toilet afterwards. See you tomorrow!

Ms. Emily Ann said...

Haha I have definitely had those moments... what an odd experience! I can never hold in the giggles when things like that happen to me :)

THE Stephanie said...

Ha ha! I wonder how long it would take him to actually finish the job. You know, in between all the talking, drinking, and peeing. LOL

Becky said...

oh my goodness! That is funny, what a looney! We had some movers once who asked me if I would go to McDonald's and get them lunch...and of course I did...I am a sucker too :P

Kodi said...

I don't know if you've heard, but Jenna at jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com is having a comment challenge. I keep hearing all about NCF on different blogs I read so I swung over to say hi! :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved