Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We decided!

I'm so excited. Hubby is so excited. We're both so excited! :)

It hasn't been booked yet, but I'm talking about our first extended vacation together since our honeymoon!

We've both said that it's going to be so hard to leave the boys and so so hard to be away from them for 5 whole days but we also know that it is so important for us to have that special special time together.

So last month I wrote a post about the four possibilities we were entertaining. Each had so many fun and relaxing aspects to them but we ended up choosing...

New York!!!

Photobucket

Here's why! : [1] Don't know how this preggy would do on a ship :) [2] We've been to the mountain getaway and we know everything it has to offer and while nice, we'd love to do something different. [3] The all-inclusive resort sounds like so much fun but we were thinking we'd have some more activities to do and there are only so many water activities a 5/6 month preggy can do :). [4] We're all going to the beach, off N. Carolina, with Hubby's family in July. [5] We don't know what other beaches might like at the time of our vacay.

For New York: [1] Travel time is relatively short so we'll have so much more time to hang, explore a little, have fun, and relax. [2] We are so excited about seeing more Broadway shows together! [3] We're going to go during the US Open Tennis Tourny and Hubby (and I) has NEVER seen a live match before! [4] Fun and relaxation.

One of the aspects of our relationship and marriage that I love, is sharing each others interests. When we met, even though Hubby loved music he would have no idea how much he would come to love, learn about, and appreciate classical music (and musicals :)), and though I loved sports, I had no idea how much I would learn about, enjoy, and appreciate so many sports on a deeper level. So I think it is so neat that we'll get to enjoy both of these things on our trip together!

So we have a couple questions for you! and we would LOVE to hear your thoughts and recs!

Broadway: What shows should we see??? We have some in mind but we'd love to hear your thoughts! We've seen Billy Elliot and Aida (in different venues). Is it better to sit higher and closer or on the floor?

Hotels: Where should we stay??

Restaurants: Where should we try to eat?

We would love to hear your recommendations, thank you!!!

17 comments:

Krystyn said...

Oh, how fun! I'm sure you will love it! (I have no recommendations, btw).

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Jersey Boys is incredible and Mary Poppins is adorable! Lion King is really cool, too. I think it would be great to see West Side Story while it's there and Memphis is supposed to be awesome. So many!!!

You may want to stay near Times Square so you can be close to all the places without having to wear your preggy self out! :) We've stayed at the Marriott Marquis before and it was nice without being overdone.

I have tons of blog comments full of restaurant recommendations!!

lawschoolwife said...

You must see Wicked if you haven't already!! I'd really love to see Jersey Boys, too. It's coming to town in a month or two, but I can't bring myself to spend the money. Oh well!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacay! Garth and I really want to see live tennis like that! You'll have to tell us how it is!:)
We saw Mary Poppins and loved it!! Have so much fun!

Casa Cannon said...

this sounds so great dina! very fun! i loved wicked, it's fantastic, but not sure if it's even still there? i have no other NY suggestions unfortunately bc i have only been once and i can barely remember it!

Annie said...

how exciting!!! :)
i'm happy for you two! you deserve some time away together!! it will be so much fun! esp in NYC!!!
my brother and his fiance just went there for a few days and they got a great deal on a hotel although i'm not sure where they stayed, i will ask if you want me to.
it was their first time away together without their little guy! i watched the little dude :) so much fun for me :)
i've only been out there once and i did the tourist stuff and it was such a busy day (i was only there for a few hours) that i hardly remember much of it.
i can not wait to go back some day tho!!
you guys are going to have so much fun and you will have so much fun!!
my brother said everything is very spendy out there. they went on a sushi "tour" and to a comedy show and loved that! i'm guessing you can't eat sushi right now though ;)
if you want me to ask them what all they did and where they stayed i certainly will! just let me know!!
hugs to you pretty momma! :)

Preppy Little Dress said...

Sounds like fun! As far as where to say....well, that all depends on how much you are looking to spend! There are so many fabulous hotels in NYC! Good luck with your planning!

Suz said...

I am sooo behind on your blog girl! I'm really so behind on everyone's! Life is busy, hope you understand! :) I spent about 5 minutes getting caught up with your sweet fam! I'm SO happy for you guys! You are such a great Momma! Hope you have a great pregnancy! Wishing you all the best!

Gooch Family said...

Just to name a few things: I say see Wicked, make sure to get Juniors cheesecake, we had breakfast at the Le Parker Meridien hotel called Normas - FABULOUS, Time Square, China town for knock off purses, Staten Island Ferry, Central park of course, Metropolitan museum, Brooklyn bridge, Rockefeller, Grimaldi's pizza, Grand Central Station, Union Square - we ate at a place called Blue Water Grill, they had some good sushi and I know you guys like that. We only had a few things though. Have fun! That will be a BLAST! Bella was 4 months old when we went and we were exhausted by the end trekking her around so that is great to go kid free.

Shannon said...

I really want to see NY one day! Ya'll have fun and take lots of pictures!

Aly said...

You have to go to Carmines! They have a couple locations in the city. It's family style and amazing! I promise you won't be disappointed. Also if you like retro/funky places go to Yaffa Cafe on St. Marks. They have the best hummus! You will have so much fun!

Sarah said...

So fun!! I have been trying to talk my husband into going to NY but he has no desire :( I agree with Erin about the Marriott in Times Square. That is where we stayed and the location is great!! Hope you are feeling good! :)

Tara Gibson said...

exciting! I will have to get with my sis about recommendations because i cant remember some of the places we ate at haha

Lauren Kelly said...

Sooooo fun!!!! I know ya’ll will have a complete blast just having some “you” time!!!! :)

Jen Clark said...

Here are some food ideas:

Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (you can take the subway back) and eat at Grimaldi's in Brooklyn. This is one of the top pizza places in NYC and I thought it was fantastic!

Take a food tour of a neighborhood. You can google it and find a bunch. Basically, you walk around a historic neighborhood and learn about it and get to eat yummy food at different shops along the way!

Go to Max Brenner for dessert one night. This is a restaurant where everything on the menu is made with chocolate. I recommend the Italian Hot Chocolate - so thick you have to eat it with a spoon! The only ever place I've had something like that was in Italy.

Definitely buy a dozen bagels on your last day and take them home with you.

Have fun!

Karah said...

Yall are going to have so much fun! I am so jealous. Enjoy your trip. :)

Kristin said...

That last time I was there I stayed at the W in Times Square. My Mama always stays at the Marriott Marquis (Times Square). It's less expensive and super nice too! J'adore NYC!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved