Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ATL Weekend '10 - Part 2 of 2 - Pics!

Thank you so much for your incredibly sweet comments on my last post. I know it was a long one, but it was me and I thank you for reading, understanding, and I'm so glad to know that we're all in this "putting off our old selves" of insecurity, together. And securely by the grace of God "putting on our new selves" full of confidence in Him, with full knowledge that this world is not about us and our insecurities, but it is about doing God's work, and everything for His glory. :) I seriously cannot tell you how appreciative I am, and to call each of you friends. And those of you who are new to our blog as well, welcome! :)

I know you also came for the pics, hehe, so here is the trip in pics! :-) And as I tweeted one of my girls, don't laugh at me in any of these pics!... I mean, I embrace (I'm doin' it Mrs. Beth Moore) my goofyness, I am secure! You can even laugh if you want!

Friday
All of my amazing boys drove me down to the airport on Friday afternoon. After we all hugged, I walked through part of the airport with my sunglasses on to cover my wet puffy eyes :) and met up with my ATL roomie and flying buddy, Rachel from In No Simple Language! We talked the entire flight both ways, it seemed like we had just taken off and then landed. :)

Photobucket

Erin from Blue Eyed Bride picked up Megan from Tales of the Trees (who had arrived a couple hours before us), Rachel, and I from the airport and the weekend was off! This was my first time meeting Megan and it was so wonderful to meet her! She is just as funny, real, and cute as she is on her blog! Rachel and I have gotten to go on a couple GNOs together and have so much fun. I'm looking forward to our next gettogether! And it was so wonderful to see Erin again. We have so much in common and she is such a beautiful and fun person and so sweet and down to earth! I was so glad that we got to know each other even better this weekend and can't wait to get together again soon! It was like we had all been friends for years already. We shared so many laughs, fun and real conversations. It was wonderful!

We checked into the hotel and then met up with Amy, Lianna, and Becca for dinner at Zucca! It was my first time meeting these girls as well. I've been following Amy for a long time now and she is such an inspiring woman. She and her Hubby have a sweet and beautiful marriage, it is such a blessing to witness through reading her blog. She is so real, sweet, and I am so glad we finally got to meet. And I've been following Lianna for a while now too. It was so wonderful to meet her. She is a strong believer and woman of God and so sweet! They are just as they are on their blogs but even more fun and gorgeous in person! And I look forward to following Becca along her journey with her cute little girl and the amazing ministry her and her husband are doing! It was a great night of conversation and laughs!

Photobucket
(Rachel, me, Becca, Megan, Erin, Amy, Lianna)

After dinner we went back to the hotel and met up with Jenna, Trina, and Jennifer, and chatted until it was time for bed. :) These girls were sweet, beautiful, and so much fun to hang out with!

Saturday
Saturday morning we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and met up with more new friends! Many of us have read each other's blogs for a long time now and chat all the time on twitter so it was soo wonderful to finally meet everybody!

Lyndsey and I have been following each other's blogs for so long now, and tweeting, and I was so excited about meeting her! It was instant friends! I was hoping that would be true and it was. :) She is beautiful, hilarious, honest, and so sweet! I even emailed her the night before with a pic of me in my outfit to make sure I wasn't going to look like a goof (we had been talking outfits, and I knew she's be honest with me :)). I've been following Kelly's blog and we've been chatting on twitter, so it was so wonderful to meet her in person as well. She is sweet and I had so much fun chatting with her at breakfast.

Photobucket
Kim, Jennifer, Natalie, Megan, Erin, Lyndsey, Lianna, Amy, Rachel, Kelly, me, and Rachel.

Then we headed over for the conference! It was great. As others have said it was such a sweet and powerful experience worshipping with thousands and thousands of women.

This is a such a fabulous group of girls! We shared so many laughs, some tears (I was glad to know some of my girls cry while singing some worship songs as well, In Christ Alone, so much of the song including "...from life's first cry..." I just think about our babies and the babies that we're praying for, for all our friends who are waiting on God for a little one), and a commission (in which Erin and I got married :-) or we felt like it, haha) to live and walk as strong, secure, woman of God (we can do it :)). I met a few other great girls too and was sad to miss meeting a few more as well. And I wish I could have gotten pics with everybody :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the conference Amy took us to a d-licious local comfort food spot where we also got to meet up with PinkSass, who was so fun and sweet and beautiful. It was SO yummy! And cupcakes or cookies were had by all :) This is one fun group of girls!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were so sad to say goodbye to some of the girls that night as the rest of our crew went back to the hotel, changed into our sleepy clothes and talked again until it was time to say goodnight and goodbye.

Sunday
Becca was so sweet and took Rachel, Megan, and I to the airport in the morning. We all had so much fun and were so excited to be reunited with our families! I know that I just talked and talked telling Hubby everything about the weekend. He kept telling me he was so glad I was able to go. He is SO supportive! And an amazing husband and Daddy!

I still get butterflies in my tummy when I look at these pictures and just think about how incredible this weekend was. I not only got to meet such wonderful friends but hear a fantastic message from Mrs. Beth Moore. I truly love each of these girls, and I don't just throw the "L" word around! :) We missed so many of you girls who wanted to go but couldn't. We keep saying we need to make plans for another trip!

23 comments:

Karah said...

Sounds like you girls had so much fun. I am new follower and love your blog. I am so sad I wasn't able to go. Next big bloggy meet up I am there for sure :)

PinkSass said...

I'm so happy I got to meet you. I wish we could have talked more.

Lauren Kelly said...

I just came across your blog. I was at the BM conference as well. Wish I could have gotten to meet you. Your family is adorable. Just wanted to say hello!!!! :)

Trina said...

I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures. lol I'm in like 3 or 4 but it's my own fault. Next time I won't be so nervous to do it! lol

Renee said...

Looks like a great weekend. I enjoyed the simulacast. I have been to a few of the conference in person and the worship experience with so many women is just amazing!

Heather said...

Love all these pictures, what a great weekend!! So glad you got to go!

AO said...

I was so close to buying the SLI book on Amazon...but then thought, hey, maybe NCF has a copy that I can borrow when she's done with it. :) Glad that you had a great time!

Brittany Ann said...

What a wonderful weekend with such good female fellowship!

Rachel said...

You were a wonderful travel buddy/roommate! Come down for another beach weekend ANYTIME so we can have more talking time, but this time let's do it on the beach with your babies!

Garrett and Meagan said...

I Love the pics! I'm so glad you had fun!!

Short Southern Momma said...

Oh wow...what a great way to mix fellowship and friends! Loving these pictures and it looks like y'all had such a great time. Hope your having a wonderful week friend! xoxo

Becca said...

I'm so glad we met :-) And i'm glad I brought you to the airport so we could talk a little more! :-)

Lauren said...

I'm so jealous seeing all these pics on everyone's blogs! what a fun weekend!

Gwen said...

You all are so fabulous!!! I'm just jealous I didn't get to you meet you all too. LOL!!! XOXO

Tara Gibson said...

looks like you guys had a BLAST! love all the pics!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like so much fun! Love all the pics!

Mrs. Buck said...

Sounds like an amazing and inspirational weekend!

amy (metz) walker said...

Missing all these girls today!

LyndsAU said...

all i can say is I LOVE YOU!!! And I want you to move to GA. that is all!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I am so sad I didn't get to go and meet all you lovely ladies!! You all look great!

Becky said...

Looks like you gals had a fabulous time! A LOT of bloggers went I am so surprised! You all look great!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love this post! and i love you! miss you so much!

Krystyn said...

Looks and sounds like such the perfect time.

BTW, Zucca is like 15 minutes from my house!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg
Loading...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved