Monday, March 22, 2010

The Call of the Ice Cream Truck

We heard it walking home from the park today! A little jingle-y version of It's a Small World After All... with the little "boyyoiyoing" sound at the end, haha.

It was the ice cream truck!

Did we just let the already distant sound of our childhood continue to drive away? Or did we say, hurry let's get some money and give BabyBoy his first ice cream truck experience and get a special treat? (before dinner :) it was a fun adventure)

That didn't take you long to figure out, haha.

We've heard it go by before but hadn't answered it's strong nostalgic call yet! So we asked BabyBoy if he wanted to get a special treat ice cream from the ice cream truck. (We [err I] may have asked excitedly... leading the witness.) He answered in his super cute 2 yr old voice, "Yeeesss, please :)."

We grabbed a little money and started after the ice cream tune, trying to figure out where it was, I think I hear it up there! We were jogging, laughing, talking, fast walking, chasing down the ice cream truck.

We chased that truck down for half a mile, haha. And we had fun doing it! And BabyBoy had his first ice cream truck experience!

Hubby knew exactly what he wanted, the Firecracker Popsicle. BabyBoy and I went with a refreshing, yummy, old school Strawberry Shortcake Popsicle. :) ETA: I loved the chocolate eclair ones too!





The boys after our special treat! (I didn't have a camera or my phone on our adventure :)) Poor LittleBoo didn't get one little lick, it crossed our minds because he was so cute and kept reaching for Hubby's pop, but not yet :)


Photobucket


I saw this pic as I was searching for old school popsicles, which I couldn't find many of :(. I remember these when we were little. They were so fun. :) Although they were a little difficult to eat, haha.


Do you remember the old school popsicles? The ones with the bubble gum noses, the characters. I remember getting ice cream from the truck when we went to the pool in the summers! We loved hearing the music get louder and louder as it came closer and closer. It was so exciting. :)



popsicle images found on Google

15 comments:

Jill said...

I remember the ice cream with bubble gum... it was the ultimate two for one deal. I really think the ice cream man in San Antonio lives around me. I hear him everyday.

Renee said...

I don't remember the Mickey pops but I loved the firecrackers and the strawberry shortcake!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

awwww!!! so cute! my favorite was the pink panther!

Tara Gibson said...

i LOOVE the ice cream man! I always got the banana fudge one!

Becky said...

We have an ice cream truck too in our neighborhood, but I've never chased it down! LOL! I loved the Jello puddin pops...I don't see those much anymore...

USCEmily said...

Y'all picked my 2 favorite choices!! Love the firecracker pop and the strawberry shortcake bar. Yum!
I remember the Mickey Mouse ice cream bars, as well as the Mickey Parade popsicles you picture.
Oh, and the ice cream bar that was a frog's face- do you remember that?

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness I LOVED those Mickey's Parade popsicles.

We also have an ice cream truck that comes through our neighborhood now...Hubby & I are right in line with all the kiddos!

Sherrie said...

ROTFL I seriously loathe the ice cream truck and it's annoying music! ;)

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh--looove! What a fun memory to create with your family. I don't remember what I'd get at the ice cream truck--probably a drumstick. I haven't heard one in YEARS!

Brittany Ann said...

I remember those Disney pops! Too fun!

Krystyn said...

You are now making me want to find an ice cream truck. Love them. And I totally remember the Disney pops.

And not one lick for the little man?

Our Plain Life said...

What a good mommy and daddy! We just told the kids that's the music truck! It goes around and plays music for people in the summer. I have a feeling they are going to catch on soon. :)

Kristin said...

Oh my goodess, I loooooooooved those Mickey pops...Remember Jello pudding pops? YUM!

In this wonderful life... said...

they look so happy! I LOVE the sound of the ice cream truck and he has started to hit our neighborhood now! I LOVE the strawberry shortcake bars!

Lisa said...

I'm REALLY looking forward to the ice cream truck this year! We just moved to an area with more children and we're closer to a main road, so I think it will be stopping by pretty often. I remember those orange push pops and firecracker popsicles, but I was a weird kid and always got the Good Humor strawberry shortcake : )


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved