Sunday, February 14, 2010

Master Bedroom Makeover

I have been wanting to makeover our master boudoir for such a long time now. Hubby and I have been wanting a master bedroom haven to come home to, to walk into and immediately feel relaxed together, after the little ones are in bed, and we've wound down watching our shows on tv downstairs, to read before bed and chat until we fall asleep. Remember this post and this post? Well, I finally continued our Master Makeover. Here are some pics of the latest hope you enjoy!

Before

Photobucket


STEP 1: New Bedding

Photobucket


STEP 2: Make a DIY Headboard: Inspired by the beautiful and fun Lyndsey at All Things Fluffy Fashionable and Famous: I just used a 60" x 34" piece of plywood so it would be extra sturdy because I knew we'd want to lean against it to read before bed, covered it in batting, then in fabric, fastened two hooks on the back, 2 heavy duty hangers on the wall, and voila!

Photobucket

Photobucket


STEP 3: Accessorize (with new side tables... from Target, red rug $25 from Ross or TJ Maxx I can't remember I was just excited that it was $25=))

Photobucket


After

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
[can't really see, but the sheets are zebra too, Hubby loves it too ;)]

I left the other side of the room where I'm going to decorate a little sitting area out because it's not done yet=). I would love to find some more decor to put up on the walls (suggestions are welcome!) but we love walking into a more finished, peaceful, warm, and fun bedroom!

35 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous room! Everything came together wonderfully. Great job on the DIY headboard! I would love to have a sitting area in my bedroom one day... can't wait to see how that turns out!

Becky said...

It looks GREAT! Very very romantic too :)

Kristy said...

Oooooooh! I love it!! Good job!

daniella said...

Oooh la la!!! Me likey! Just got back in town tonight. Will call you tomorrow to schedule a get together. My place or yours, either way is good for me.

Short Southern Momma said...

OMGosh love it girl! You did such a great job! I am relaxed just looking at the pic. Hope your having a great day! XOXO

Heather said...

It looks so good!! Great work, it's beautiful!! Seriously, it is awesome!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, what a difference! I love it all. The headboard looks awesome! I am considering doing one for our guest room now! And all the red juts makes it pop. So nice :)

Shannon said...

That looks amazing! I love all the colors together! You did a fantastic job, girl!

Faith said...

So very pretty! I love all those rich red accessories. You did a great job!!

Jorden and Kristin said...

that looks AMAZING! i love the change!!! it really looks romantic and fun!

Lauren said...

Everything looks so romantic! Great job!!!

Hattie said...

Hi just found your blog from Short Southern Momma. Love the bedroom redo! Those throw pillows on the bed are beautiful. Great job!

Brittany Ann said...

It looks totally amazing! Very impressive!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

wow girl.. you did an amazing job!!! i love it!

Melissa G. said...

Wow, you did an awesome job! What a difference! It looks so cozy and inviting! And i just love your blue walls.

The Shabby Princess said...

I love it! It's perfect. I wish our master bedroom was that clean and organized!

Saskia said...

Wow, what a stunning makeover!! What a lovely, spacious room!! I love it! It's very Valentine's ;-)

xx

Megan said...

It looks so so so good!! I want to try to make one of those headboards, that is awesome!!

Lindsey said...

WOW!! It looks amazing! Great job!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

looks great!

Aly said...

WOW! It looks beautiful!

d.a.r. said...

Oh it is gorgeous!!!!

Gwen said...

I love it!!! XOXO

Suz said...

It looks sooo great!!!

Casa Cannon said...

looks awesome! love it!

Lianna Knight said...

Perfect for Valentine's Day!

I love those little flower pillows...so CUTE!

Trina said...

Wow, I'm super impressed! The zebra looks great with the red accents. Never would have tried that. Awesome job!

Becca said...

Oh I LOVE how it turned out!!! :-) Amazing!

Jill said...

Your bedroom turned out GREAT. It looks so warm and cozy. I can't believe you found the rug for $25! What a deal!

Krystyn said...

Oh, I love it. It looks fun and warm and inviting at the same time!

Lyr said...

GIRL! You did awesome! How wonderful! And no wonder the hubby loves it... its like a freaking LOVE nest! So great!

Annie said...

what a fabulous flippin' makeover!!
you have got some designer talent in you!!
i love everything about the entire room!!

Nikki said...

Great makeover! I really like the headboard. I'm still trying to convince the husband that and fabric covered headboard would be a nice replacement to our current headboard/footboard.

Shaina said...

Wow, this looks amazing!!!! Great job!!!

Molly said...

You did a fabulous job!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved