Friday, February 26, 2010

Just For Fun Friday

I got a new fun canvas from Pier 1, and changed up the mantel (candle holders we already had, those are votives instead of a pillars, haha, it's all we had!)! I LOVE rearranging. Move a picture here, some decorations there, the couch and the family room, ha. Can bring such new life to a space we've been looking at the same way for a long time, right?!

Photobucket


This is the fabric I got to make kitchen curtains! Inspired by Lindsey from Sweet Simplicity :) I got my sewing machine out and ready today! Hoping to make them this weekend.

Photobucket


I finally got our oversized wall clock! Which, in this picture, looks a little pitiful and not so oversized on that wall all by it's little big self, haha. It's going to need to company! Just not sure yet. Suggestions are welcome :)!

Photobucket


I took my first take a pic in a dressing room to tweet, to ask friends (who are on twitter) if I look like a goof.

Sorry for the bad pic quality, but it's a ruffle dress from LOFT (accidentally typed LOST at first, haha, such a great show!). It has a cute little tie around the waist, I can use any extra help hiding my additional, let's call it, fluff in that there area. ;) I think it would work with a cute pair of flats or heels, bringing along a little cardigan to wear (I ALWAYS layer, I get cold even when we visit Arizona!), some cute jewelry to add a little color or dress it up or down. I think I'll be waiting for a sale or a coupon (or both!). Since they still keep using the S word (snow) around here, I might not need it for a little while :).

Photobucket


We're having a game night at our house with our small group tonight! More games nights with new friends and old friends are in the making too! I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow, I'm really excited that our small group is getting them their glider and ottoman! Hubby and I might get to go out again on Saturday night! I hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!

24 comments:

USCEmily said...

Cute dress! Also love all the home decor :-)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Cute dress! Love the new decor!

Jenna said...

looooove the dress!

Erica said...

I bought that fabric in cream & navy and made throw pillows from it. Love the pattern!

The Shabby Princess said...

Girl, that dress looks great on you! You look fantastic!! I see no "fluff".

Faith said...

I am LOV-ING that fabric for your curtains! Can't wait to see the finished product. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Lindsey said...

I love that fabric, just gorgeous!!

Garrett and Meagan said...

I love the mantle and the dress looks awesome!!!!

Sherrie said...

Love the dress! Good work with the decor.

Lianna Knight said...

First of all I LOVE the canvas!!! Do they have other colors??? I want to get one myself :)

Second, I LOVE the curtain fabric too. I wish I knew how to sew!

Third, my suggestion for your wall with the clock is to get two or three simple black shelves and put black and white photos of the babies in them and lean them on the shelves. Then it will look PERFECT!

Jillian said...

Love the dress!! And the print for your curtains!!

Renee said...

Your mantle looks great! I love tht canvas. I like that dress also.

Nikki said...

Ok, I'm really digging the fabric for your kitchen curtains, and what a cute dress.

Lucky in Love said...

Can I just stop and tell you for one second how freaking skinny you look :) XOXO

Brittany Ann said...

You look beautiful! I love the dress!

Heather said...

What a cute dress! love it. I can't to see the finished product with the fabric your bought!

Shannon said...

Your canvas is so cute and I love that fabric!

Molly said...

Love the fabric, and that dress is definately a keeper!
Game nights sound like fun! I can hardly ever get the hubs to agree to games. Haha.

Trina said...

I don't see any fluff! Love the dress!

Krystyn said...

Love the orange in the print and the fabric. It really pops.

And, the dress is super cute, too.

Emily said...

love the dress and the picture! you look great in that dress!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Love your new decor and that dress!!!

Kristin said...

Lovin' the LBD and your wall color is just beautiful!

daniella said...

Love the picture!!!! I have a rug that would go perfectly with it. One of my fave color combos is light blue with that coral orange. Great curtains too! Can I come over and see? :-)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved