Friday, February 5, 2010

Charleston and Bloggy Meetup! Part 2 of 2

If you missed all of the fun we had from the last post, click here to catch up!

Continued... Friday: The Market, Magnolias, and The Wreck!

We were getting hungry (what else is new? ;)), so we left the aquarium and walked in search for our downtown southern lunch. Magnolias! Thank you for suggesting this restaurant! It was amazing. We loved the atmosphere, even as you walk up the street, it was quaint, with a gorgeous sign, and it's windows adorned with beautiful flowers. We knew we'd love it. We did get a few looks and had a, "you're brave" [for bringing two little ones in here], but most of those looks quickly became smiles when they were shown some flirty gummy and flashy baby teeth smiles and they saw the boys quietly (for the most part=)) enjoying our fun family lunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket


From there we walked to Market Street. Again, so much fun. I love walking around where vendors have their handmade items, neat pieces, and great deals displayed. I love getting a little memento from places we have traveled. Every time I see or wear it, it tells a story of our travels and fun memories. This was the perfect place for that. Here is what Hubby got me: a fun pearl ring - I have been wanting a pearl ring, it is BabyBoy's birth stone and has such special meaning to me, and for $10 I couldn't say no ;). Annnnd a black pashmina! I have been wanting to add one to my wardrobe and thought black would be a good first addition, it can go with almost any outfit or occasion. And it was only $7!

Photobucket


On our way back to the aquarium, we stopped off in a chocolate shop. You could smell it right when you walked past the door. It was sweet confection. We settled on a half a slab of melt in your mouth [chocolate rasberry] fudge! And let me tell you, it was not an easy decision, so many looked amazing. I may have consumed 98% of it myself. mmmmmm. mmm. mm. m. ;)

Photobucket


As we walked back to the Aquarium, Hubby let BabyBoy get down to run around this gorgeous little area right outside of the entrance.

Photobucket


We went back to finish up exploring and enjoying the aquarium. Then what time was it? Dinner, of course! So we took another one of your suggestions and a restaurant that Hubby had been to before, The Wreck. We were all, especially the little ones, so tired, so we didn't linger long, but it had several cute fireplaces, and with no freezers, the food is supposed to be some of the freshest around. Since we don't eat pork or shelfish and they don't do substutions, we were out many sides, but we still enjoyed it and the experience of another famous Charleston restaurant=).

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was a fabulous trip. I always love exploring with Hubby and the babies (I'll always call them my babies;)). The little boys and I did create a bit of a circus while we were there, so I said I'm going to have to give Hubby some good back rubs so he'll let us tag along on more business trips ;-)!

21 comments:

Jillian said...

HOW do you do those block of photos?? THe trip looked like so much fun, do you highly recommend it?? The hubs and I have been thinking about going!

Brittany Ann said...

This got me so excited to move there in a couple months! Thank you!

Rachel said...

FUN!! I could use a little trip away...you've made me jealous :)

Rebecca Jo said...

I am in love with your ring!!!! I love pearls & that is just simple but very elegant!!!

Mel said...

Great pics and stories. Love the mementos, yay for the black pashmina! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lis said...

What an exciting trip! I love all of the pictures!! :) You look fabulous by the way!!!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How much fun is that?!?!? The food looks incredible and the fudge sounds amazing!! I also have to say that you look great!! You are so slim! I hope I have that luck :)

Gwen said...

What a fun time. I've alwasy wanted to visit and now I'm going to have to. :) XOXO

Heather said...

Market street looks like it would it be right up my alley! SO fun, all these pics are so good. How are you putting them in groups like that? I would love to learn how to do that, I love lots of pics!

Lindsey said...

What a fun trip!!! I've always wanted to go!

Jules said...

Magnolias looks so cute and I’ll have to keep this in mind if I ever visit SC. I love that pretty pearl ring and black pashmina. I like to get things like that to remind me of a special place when I go away too. It also sounds like such a great deal for both. The chocolate shop looks delicious!

The Wreck looks interesting...what a concept!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

ohmygosh I love the Wreck. It's my hubs' all time favorite restaurant!!

And good finds at the Market!

Kristin said...

Looks like such a lovely trip. And ten bucks for that ring? Wow! It's so fab!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

That looks like so much fun and I am so proud that your little ones know how to behave in public! :)

A Southern Accent said...

Love Magnolias and love Charleston! Looks like you had so much fun!

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. I love walking around in markets too. Handmade items are the best! Nice ring - what a deal!

AO said...

Chocolate + raspberry = my favorite flavor combo. Yummmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm here online for the kids of Haiti.

I'm doing this for a non-profit haiti group that spends their time to
building an oppurunity for the kids in haiti. If anybody wants to donate then do so here:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They give kids in Haiti a positive learning environment.

Please check it out, they're real.

I greatly appreciate anyone's help

Anonymous said...

Hello guys,

What online zines do you read and would recommend?

For all you rockabilly folks out there I recommend The Enough Fanzine. It is one of the first hardcore fanzines on the internet.

They have throusands of interviews from the most independent bands all over the world. Check them out online: [url=http://www.enoughfanzine.com]Enough Fanzine[/url]. Best of it all, they are 100% non-profit and just helping the scene!

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

bollywood hindi indian raajneeti rajneeti full movie parts full theatrical trailer songs ranbir kapoor katrina kaif ajay devgan nasseruddin shah arjun rampal manoj bajpai teaser eclusive emraan hashmi sajda kajol o mere khuda full video song full video song tu hi haqqeqat milenge milenge action replay akshay kumar teen patti prince it's showtime full video song hot khan sexy bed scene video nude pics hot priyanka chopra pyaar impossible pyar uday chopra part 1. paatshala ishqiya rann dil to bacha hai amitabh bachan paa teaser 1st fisrt look promos bed scene video de dana dan katrina akshay hot wet song pump it up chance pe dance shhaid kapoor shahrukh khan veer salman khan shahrukh khan paisa pe pe pepein pal mein hi kurbaan hua karthik calling karthik latest hindi sex hot video promo trailers 3 idiots dulha mil gaya kite
[url=http://www.mydesizone.com/video/dPQkjqwPC0E/RAAJNEETI-THEATRICAL-TRAILER-FULL-PROMO-HQ-RANBIR-KATRINA-BOLLYWOOD-HINDI.html]
Raajneeti Watch Online[/url]


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved