Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First Trip of 2010 - Charleston and Bloggy Meetup! - Part 1 of 2

We had such a great time on our, errr, Hubby's business trip to Charleston, South Carolina! ;) Thank you so much for all of your suggestions for what to see and where to eat, we were able to do a lot of them!

Photobucket


Tuesday: Our Ride and Digs Hubby arrived to pick up our "full size" rental car [we didn't get an SUV this time, that mistake will not happen again, we were being good and and saving his company $ =) but we need more room! and no I don't need to bring less stuff... ok maybe I could bring less stuff.] and we'd been upgraded to this beast. We packed it to the brim, and spent the day driving, arrived and got settled at our hotel [I got The Company a great deal on the room too!].



[I was so busy making sure everything was taken care of, I forgot to take pics of our ride and quarters, but I pulled pics for you! click on pics to take you to source for credit]

We ran to Target that night, how far can you go and not find a Target=), to get a new cord for Natasha. Our GPS. She was not holding her charge, and sadly no longer under warranty. New cord and she stays alive without us having to manhandle and twis' it all around to get her to stay on. Everybody got to bed a little late, it is hard to leave Target in a timely fashion, too many fun things to look at, but we were quicker than usual. "Oooh look at that!" haha

Wednesday: Children's Museum Hubby had to work, although that really was the point of the trip ;-), so I took the little ones to the Children's Museum (after we grabbed a Mommy Hook at Babies- great purchase). It was cute. They had 4 exhibits and a toddlers play area. We skipped the art room, played for a few minutes in the pirate room, BabyBoy enjoyed the golf ball room, but his fave was the grocery store. He loved it. [If you go look ahead of time for B1G1 free coupons, I found one at our hotel! It was only $7 for all of us=)]

Photobucket


Thursday: Bloggy Meetup! Hubby had a conference all day so the boys and I got to drive up to see Erin and Hudson from Blue Eyed Bride! We pulled up to the warmest smile and we just talked and played for hours. We had such a great time! She is so sweet, Hudson is adorable and is full on crawling and pulling himself up! Next Edition took notes and by the end of the day was really getting up on all fours by himself and trying his best to follow his new buddy around=). It was so wonderful to meet such a great blogging friend! The boys and I had so much fun! We can't wait to do it again!

Photobucket


Friday: Aquarium, The Market, Magnolias, and The Wreck! We had such a wonderful and full day. We started off at the aquarium, then walked the Market at Market St., went to Magnolias for lunch, back to the Aquarium, then to the Wreck for dinner! We had to fit it all in on Friday =)! We had so much fun!!

The view walking into the Aquarium, gorgeous, with two cute boys and a frog!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fun fact: the Charleston Aquarium has the deepest large ocean tank in North America! It was beautiful.

Photobucket


To be continued... Market Street, Magnolias, the Wreck, and the ca-razy drive home we had on Saturday! Also to come... two fun little purchases at Market Street!

18 comments:

Short Southern Momma said...

Oh wow...looks like such a fabulous time! Love the pictures! Can't wait to see part 2. Hope your having a great day! XOXO

Lindsey said...

That is so fun! Can't wait for part 2!

Lauren said...

What a great time! Those are great pics!

Renee said...

That looks like a fun trip!

Renee said...

That looks like a fun trip!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to South Carolina. Looks like you all had fun and how exciting that you had a blogger meetup! I bet the boys loved hanging out together :)

Lucky in Love said...

So fun that you got to meet Erin and Hudson!! Glad you had such a great time :)

Faith said...

I LOVE charleston so much. Glad you had a great visit!

Lesli said...

Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to say hello... your boys are so adorable. Your trip looked like so much fun, esp the Museum! My husband and I love Charleston, It is such a beautiful City, we used to go on weekend visits before we had little ones!! And what a bonus that you were able to meet a bloggy friend..yeah!!!

Hope you have a great week!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

It was so much fun!! I wish we could have a play date every week. I missed y'all as soon as you were gone!

I'm so glad you had such a great trip full of so many activities and so much fun!

Can't wait to read the rest!

Rachel said...

All of this makes me jealous! I am so glad it was fun a fun trip, I can't wait to read more :)

Garrett and Meagan said...

Oh my gosh, How fun!!!!!

Heather said...

What a fun trip! I love all the pics and have always wanted to visit Charleston. So much fun!

pocket full of pink said...

HOW FUN!!! What a fabulous trip! You look like such a fashionista, LOVE it! And I plan on getting pretty plump this weekend too from all of the snackies. :o) We can do it 2gether!

Casa Cannon said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Great pic of you and Erin. You are right, it would be fun to watch Lost together. I guess we'll just have to discuss online! Hope you guys are doing well! I think I'm going to plan a girls night soon, now that I finally have furniture. I'll send you an email when i have details!

Jules said...

The place that you stayed at looks really pretty and I too, love tagging along with Geof on business trips. BabyBoy looks like he had fun at the museum. That is so fun that you got to meet up with BEB and her son.

The Aquarium looks like a blast (I always love visiting different ones)!

Tara Gibson said...

so much fun! love all the pictures!

Megan said...

HOw fun!! And I am so excitd that you might possibly be joining us in ATL!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved