Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pack Your Bags 2010 =)

I am so excited about some traveling possibilities we have this year! It looks like Hubby might have some business trips all over the states. Guess who's going to tag along to play and visit friends?? No we don't have a puppy yet, maybe soon, but more on that in another post ;). Your other guess... yes! Me and the boys! Ok, that was cheesy, but I'm excited!

I know some people dread the thought of it, but I love to travel. Well, I love the excitement of it all, getting to a new destination, seeing fam or friends we love and don't get to see often enough, having fun along the way, getting a special coffee or some yummy food. A flight itself, not so fun, too much waiting, among many other things; packing and unpacking, not so much either.

I [almost=)] always overpack, I need options. =) When I arrive at fun destination, I might not want to the wear Planned Outfit #3 one day. I might be having an extra fat day, I might not want to wear orange that day, whatever the reason, this lady needs several pair of pants, tops, scarves, shoes, accessories to choose from, a straightener, maybe the gigantic case of hot rollers just in case a date is in order... =) I only fill one piece of luggage, although my bag might weigh 60-150 lbs. Any recommendations on lightweight, sturdy, cute luggage are welcome. It's tough to fit more than our bath bag one of our suitcases without it hitting 50 lbs (airline limit)!

We, I mean, he ;-) might have trips to... CA, SC, CO, UT, AZ, WA, FL, NJ, GA, AL... and MI (my cousin is getting married next summer!) I've really been wanting to go to Colorado and Washington, I just keep hearing they are gorgeous!=)

Photobucket


The planner, organizer, excited Type A in me is already starting to plan! Mr. NCF is secretly thinking of how easy most of these business trips would be solo while I am excited about exploring and visiting friends! I jest but he is excited about showing us all of the neat places that he's already been. =) (yes, I said neat.)

So first up, at the end of January we're driving to South Carolina (and hopefully through Georgia and onto Alabama to visit wonderful friends, we're trying to make that work!)! Hubby has meetings in Charleston for a few days, and then I'm looking forward to my possible second bloggy meetup. The boys and I are so excited=).


If you've been to or know of some fun things to do in Charleston, South Carolina, I'd love to hear any suggestions you have for me and the boys while the Hubs is in meetings, and for all of us once he's done for the day. We've heard great things about the carriage rides through historic downtown and if it's not too cold, that would be an interesting and fun family morning!

Do you have any fun or business trips coming up?

29 comments:

Jorden and Kristin said...

ahh that looks like a LOT of fun places to go! I'm jealous! The only real trip we have planned is for my brothers wedding...and thats not till August! :( boo! Enjoy all your travels!

Clemson Girl said...

I love love love Charleston! It's our fav city in SC and the hubs and I went there for our first anniversary. We live in the Columbia area so it's an easy drive for us. I suggest doing all the cheesey touristy stuff cause it's super fun. The market is my fav bc of the shopping (duh). The aquarium there is really neat and so is the museum. I also love eating at AW Shucks. Have fun!

Molly said...

Thats awesome! I get to travel with my hubs sometimes and its so much fun!

Love Charleston!

Shannon said...

I love to travel too, but I have no idea what our travel plans are this year - which kinda bugs me!

USCEmily said...

Charleston is an amazing city! I grew up an hour from there and now live in Columbia, just a short drive up the road. I hope the weather will warm up some for y'all! Someone mentioned the Aquarium and I would put that on your list as a must-do for you and the boys. There is also a children's museum in Charleston. You can go over to Ft. Sumter if you're into history- it's where the first shots of the Civil War were fired.
There is a ton of good eating in Charleson, too- some fabulous restaurants downtown, but if you're looking for an authentic seafood meal, you've got to check out The Wreck over on Shem Creek. They don't have freezers, so everything is guaranteed fresh. If you google The Wreck on Shem Creek, you'll find the website with directions, etc.
If you have any other questions or need other suggestions, please email me! usc_emily@hotmail.com

Brittany Ann said...

I cannot believe I'm going to miss you in Charleston! We won't move till June! Oh, I would so love to meet IRL!

Lauren said...

How exciting! I too am a compulsive & excessive over-packer! Have fun in Charleston, I've only been once during a record-setting hot summer so we didn't get to experience as much as would have liked but if you get some time you should tour some of the old houses, they are beautiful!

Taylor @ Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too said...

oh thats awesome! hope you have tons of fun!

Annie said...

wowie, year of traveling for you guys!! that would be so much fun!!
we won't be going anywhere...boo.
hope you are having a good week hun!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..looks like a lot of fun!
sandy toe

Megan said...

Yay! how exciting!! That's alot of places, you guys will have a blast!

amywelborn said...

Fun! I love to travel too! I even love airports! I love to get snacks, coffee, magazines and do some people watching in between!!

The Pink Chick said...

I love to travel! Have fun! I can't wait to read all about it!

MOMSWEB said...

I think I picked the wrong day to drop by your blog, because after reading all this about your possibilities of travel, I'm now a jealous woman (lol).

Actually, I'm happy for you. I'm so happy for you, I wish I were you (lol).

Shaina said...

I went to Charleston this past summer and had a great time! Eat at Magnolia's for brunch and have the fried green tomatoes - seriously one of the most amazing things I have eaten EVER!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Your trips look like so much fun! I understand options, but I fall short of even owning hot rollers! eeep! I see that Texas isn't even an option. Sad. I would have adored a bloggy meetup!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

What a bunch of fun trip you're headed on!!! I love Charleston. We live about an hour and a half away and we go every chance we get. Definitely stroll down King Street and check out the Market. You will have so much fun!

Rachel said...

Oh Charleston is so pretty! We visited last December. Market and Street and King Street are just fun to walk around. You will love it :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

yay!!! i can't wait! and it sounds like you will have so many amazing travels in 2010!

charleston... tons of yummy restaurants: magnolia's, slightly north of broad (SNOB), blossom, hominy grill.

there's the aquarium and the children's museum.

buggy rides.

shopping on king street and market street. so fun!!

AO said...

The Swede says that his family has really enjoyed going here in the past:

California Dreaming

And Here's the Menu

Good luck on the trip! :)

Heather said...

Girl, I hope you do get do some traveling!! Colorado would be awesome!!

Renee said...

I love traveling, also. But that is a lot of driving you have planned for the end of January.

Amber said...

GIRL! I am SO jealous of all the amazing travels you have in store! We loooove to visit new places and if we get to do it together, even better! I have to go to Redondo Beach, CA in April for work but the Mr. can't come. Sad :-( Have fun and I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see your pics (take lots and lots of them, k?). XOXO

Mel said...

ah, the travel! I would be looking forward to it, too! enjoy! :)

Krystyn said...

You'll have to let me know if you make the drive through to Georgia!

In this wonderful life... said...

HOW AWESOME!!!! You guys will have SO much fun!!!

a H.I.T. said...

I love tagging along on business trips! Husby might have to go to Hong Kong soon and I'm dying, just dying, to go with him there.

prashant said...

Thats awesome! I get to travel with my hubs sometimes and its so much fun!

Work from home India

Trina said...

You better email me if you come to Bama! Write me name on that state so you don't forget later :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved