Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inspired Craftiness

I love following your blogs and twitter, you girls are so inspiring and fun!

It's been a while since I've sat down and done a craft. I've thought about them. =) I used to scrapbook a little, still need to finish our honeymoon, umm 6 1/2 yrs later ;-). I am almost done with a cute apron... yes, it's from many months ago, we moved, it's almost done!, and made some other really fun projects that'll I'm going to start again and share soon! I am excited to start some new fun projects again now that we're pretty settled in our new place and after having our second sweet little guy!

Inspiration for Project #1: my fab friend Rachel at
In No Simple Language: DIY Ornament Wreath

She made a beautiful colorful wreath and I was instantly inspired. I was so excited to get some ornaments at all of our beloved Target when they went 50% 0ff and then I couldn't resist going a leeettle overboard when they went 75% 0ff. I am weak for great sales. I stay within our budget, but I love a good sale. =) Also a great way to prepare for next year, fun projects, the tree, to decorate around the house with, I mean the options are endless for some pretty and classic ornaments (with some sparkle, love some sparkle=))! Just sayin'.

So I clicked over to
this site, fired up ma glue gun, and layed out dozens of different sized ornaments... glittery ones, shiny ones, matte, and ones in between... still cleaning up glitter, btdub! =)

Here's how mine turned out - even with a few snags along the way, we like it for a first try:


Photobucket


Inspiration for Project#2: another sweetfun friend Megan@Tales of the Trees: Scrapbooking Christmas Cards

I loved this! We love getting Christmas cards from friends and fam and what a beautiful keepsake! Here are some of our pages and I added the ones that I found (so far=)) from 2008 too. I am excited to add the new cards each year and look back to see how everyone's little families have changed and see new friends added as well.
ETA: ours is in there too, love to see each year too=)

[I used little photo sticker squares to adhere the pics to the scrapbook paper (one on ea. corner or just two on some) and then for those that had letters I was able to slip them underneath the card. Then, for ones that had a note written on the back, were a card, or had other pictures on the back, I used photo corners, so we could take them out to look at the back whenever we want.]


Now that I'm getting back into scrapbooking and crafting I couldn't pass up this bag! (4o% off at Michaels ;)). It has 4 good sized sections and one large center section inside and tons of pockets all around the outside. Love it.


Keep sharing all your projects! I love fun new ideas (as I do new recipes ;-))! I still want to make a wonderful DIY headboard that my sweet friend at All Things Fluffy Fashionable and Famous posted about! and a super cute kitchen curtain project that the very talented Sweet Simplicity posted about too!

Hope you're having a wonderful week. We're having a very nice one so far and have 1-4 possible playgroups/events this week=), we're meeting lots of new friends, and hanging with wonderful old friends too! I can't wait to share some more exciting things that we (and God [we think ;-)]) have planned for 2010!

21 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

I LOVE that wreath - it is gorgeous & prettier than anything I've seen like it in stores.

Congrats!

Shannon said...

That wreath is cute!

Brittany Ann said...

I have a scrapbooking bag! I love it!

Michelle said...

LOVE the wreath! I have YET to try and make one...maybe next year. ;)

Lindsey said...

Look at you!! So creative friend, love it!

amywelborn said...

I've gotta get more crafty! Love all your stuff!!!!

pocket full of pink said...

The wreath looks GREAT!! I will definitely have to try and tackle that project next year. SO FUN!

Lauren said...

Love both of those ideas! I love that wreath!

The Farmer Files said...

So glad to know I am immortalized in your book!

Rachel said...

Wasn't the wreath a piece of cake?! I love how yours turned out! So so fun!

Jenny.Lee said...

The wreath is so adorable! Good job!

Rachel H. said...

I think the wreath looks awesome...you did a great job! I wish I could do such a great job, but my craftiness level, especially right now is at about a zero!

Meagan said...

How fun! Your wreath looks amazing! I looove crafting too!

Gooch Family said...

LOVE the wreath!! I'm so impressed that you are doing Christmas projects when the holidays are over. I wish I would but I have a really hard time once the holiday is gone. Then of course next year I'm like, "oh I'll have to get some more decorations after Christmas when they are on sale!" But do I..no. So sad, ha maybe one day :)

Molly said...

Scrapbooking Christmas cards is an awesome idea!

Love your new bag, too. I may need to hit up Michael's!

Annie said...

i love those kinds of wreathes!! i have to make one this year!
i also did the same thing with my christmas cards/photos! ;)

hope you are having a great week hun!!

Megan said...

Aww the book turned out so great! Everything looks good. I need to attempt to make a wreath!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

That wreath is so wonderful and pretty! First go round,um, you did awesome girl!!!

In this wonderful life... said...

GREAT job! love this DIY projects!!! I have a TON of scrapbook stuff..never opened...that I'm looking to sell! I thought about blogging it.. I'll see if you are interested !

Aubrey said...

I am coming out of lurking to say THANK YOU for that wreath idea (even if it wasn't yours, per se!). I think we will pull one out of the hat for Easter! And baby showers, and Christmas...

prashant said...

That wreath is cute!

Work from home India


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved