Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I just rewashed a load of laundry for the third time.
The last of several loads, forgotten for the day, a little smelly, rewashed, left overnight, smelly again! You know that, slightly moldy couldn't stand smelling yourself throughout the day in a piece of clothing with it, scent.
It is finally in the dryer. Safe and sound, drying away.
This I will...
I made scones Saturday morning with fresh strawberries (I know, strawberries?, but we were out of rasberries, blueberries, and anything scone-like).
Everything was looking great.
I took the first bite and thought...some'm ain't right. What is that??
Hubby tried it and said, "I don't taste it... ok... well..." trying to be so nice, "maybe there is a little funny aftertaste..."
I used baking soda instead of baking powder. I cannot remember the last time I did that!
I thought I was beating it! I always know where my keys, wallet, makeup, and camera are. and the baby, ok except for a couple times he was in the pantry or our closet, I do get excited about pantries and closets too =)
Monday, March 30, 2009
- Chocolate/candy molds
- Chocolate chips any choc will work, I like to use semi-sweet/dark because I trick myself into thinking it's better for you =), it's true! but milk chocolate works too
- Peanut butter crunchy or creamy, or both=)
- 2 Bowls for melting chocolate and peanut butter
- 2 Spoons for mixing up chocolate and peanut butter
- A little paint brush
1. Melt about 1/2 cup chocolate chips at a time at 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each 20-30 second interval. You don't want to heat too much choc at a time because it will start to harden and it doesn't work as well when you reheat it =):
2. Spoon a little melted chocolate into mold and coat with a paintbrush. You don't want to use too much chocolate so you have room for the peanut butter...buuuut you need enough to cover the mold and have a nice layer for what will be the top, phew :)
3. After you think the mold is coated well. Hold the mold up to the light. If you see nothin' but chocolate then you're good. If you see any spots that are transparent, then you need to add a bit more chocolate to those areas. Works like a charm!
4. Carefully wipe off excess chocolate from around the molds. Once they cool and are ready to pop out, if you have extra chocolate around the bottom, you won't get your true shape of your mold and it's difficult to break off without breaking your beautiful creation =)
5. Put molds in the fridge to harden. Patience, it's already looking yummy!
6. Melt about 1/2 cup peanut butter, at a time. Stir it up and you're ready!
7. Take molds out of fridge. Spoon a little peanut butter into each chocolate coated mold, but don't completely fill 'em up. Don't go light but don't overfill. =) Balance people. (If you overfill then your finished products won't lay completely flat, oh the details =))
8. Back in fridge to harden!
9. Melt some more chocolate, same as Step 1 =)
10. Take molds out of fridge. Spoon a little chocolate on top of the peanut butter and use paint brush to cleanly cover tops.
11. Back in the fridge! Almost done =)
12. Get your platters or plates ready to present! You can artistically fling some melted chocolate on your dish for a fun effect. I painted "Crunchy" and "Creamy" on mine so the lovely guests would know if they wanted a mode of transportation, a rose, a present, or a heart.
13. Eat and enjoy!!
I kind of had to rush these so they're not perfect but still yummy!
It's so fun to customize the molds for each occasion. I made sports themed ones for BabyBoy's first b-day party guests. There are molds out there for anything your sweet hearts desire!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Hubby: Hmm...you don't have to.
Me: You don't want chocolate chip cookies?
Hubby: They are yummy. I'd eat them if you made them but I don't have to have them.
Me: You're saying that you don't want fresh out of the oven warm soft chocolate chip cookies?!!
Hubby: Well when you say it like that...
Me: Ok I'll make 'em!!
If I make them for Hubby then I don't feel so bad eating them too!
A few memories from yesteryear!
How about the infamous elementary game...The Oreg0n Trail??? Do you remember?? Did you ever finish, win, and get to Oregon before everybody died? or before all your oxen died, you ran out of food, your carriage broke down, or Mary got dysentery?
If you don't want to let the memory fade, Lucky in Love posted some cute t-shirts on her blog, including an Oreg0n Trail one!
All of that made me think about sending notes during class! Did you ever get caught? Or in between classes in a friend's locker!
And how about the special ways of folding the notes. You know bend, fold fold fold, tuck the end in to a special flap and tadaa, a cute little shaped note that you could tell if someone else opened who wasn't supposed to open it because they couldn't get it folded back the right way. haa!
And you had to write in some code or your own language, just in case a note fell into the wrong hands! Including the boy you liked. Of course. Hubby's code would have been 65. =)
It's so funny to think back to those days! I'm so glad for today, haha!
I hope you're having a great weekend! We're going to my Aunt's tonight to celebrate my Dad's b-day. Oh and we are supposed to hear back about the house by the end of the month (next week!) :) Have a great weekend!!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
I love it too because his middle Hebrew name (after his Great Poppop) and my mine mean laughter =)
He smiles and laughs and talks all day long and it is soo fun!! (ok there's some fussing in there too, I'll be real, but he is such a good boy =) I'm a proud Mama!)
He's at the repeating everything he hears stage. Everything! It is soo cute (mostly because he has not heard anyone say anything bad yet! =))! Please Lord let it last!
Every stage just gets more and more fun from the day they're born =)! (and bellytime too!)
We can't wait to meet our next BabyBoy Bean! and have two little buddies! Our technician snapped some quick pics in 4D =)!! We go back in 4 weeks for another big sono to make sure BabyBoy Next Edition is still doing well =)
It looks like he's doing a little shy sucking in his bottom lip then a little pucker up =) It is amazing how different he and First Edition BabyBoy look! So cute!
And it melts my heart when BabyBoy leans over, kisses my belly, and says, "hi baby brother" =) hand over on my chest and sigh
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
We have been married for almost 6 years and have moved 7 times! #8 is coming!
- March 03 Bought condo for a great deal right before wedding (I got to move in first =)!)
- Feb 04 Bought townhouse (pulled equity from condo, so no moola out of pocket, kept condo to rent out)
- Jan 05 Bought house (sold condo so no moola out of pocket, kept townhouse to rent out)
- April 06 Found out preggy and we decided I would get to be a stay at home Mommy, so sold house to move back into townhouse for lower mortgage
- Feb 08 Sold townhouse to move out west (lower cost of living, pay off student loans, near family)
- Moved our "stuff" haha into storage and lived with my Mom while waited to move=)
- April 08 Bought a house (foreclosure) out west (moved in July)
- Dec 08 Even though he's been doing great working remotely since we moved, Hubby's CEO and boss want the company to grow even more significantly and agree Hubby (he's Director of Business Development) is the one to do it and want him back east coast within 6-9 months!
After praying about it and not hearing God through a blowhorn =), we decided that we both felt at peace about moving back because:
- Hubby mainly works from home, lots o meetings and some travel but otherwise home (so awesome!)
- He really likes his job and gets to support our military =)
- Boss is great, coworkers great (for the most part=)) too
- He has stock options
- We know his current salary and know what his raise will probably be next year -- even though he took a pay cut to work for this company, we decided it is sooo worth it for us that he gets to work from home so much!
So currently we...
- are on our 4th offer on a house back east (only forclosures or shortsales)
- thought we would have been back by beginning of March
- have been waiting almost 2 months to hear back from the bank (and signed 3 extenstions so far) a short sale - not so short peeps not so short=)!!
- If this property doesn't work out, we are not sure what that means...if we don't make it back by mid May then we would have to wait until months after the baby is born... God has closed doors on other properties and we just want to do and go where he wants us to
- are trying to rent out our house here because it is so not a good time to sell. We've been unsuccessful in finding a renter so far so we think we might have to go with a management company this time, but it will make it easier since we'll be across the country :)
We were told by our realtor we will probably hear something substantial back from the bank today! We are just praying for God's will. It seems like a good opportunity, even though we are not ready to leave our new state yet. We are excited about the potential, being near friends and fam back east, and just try to live for God and get involved no matter where we are...
Sorry for the boring post, this has just been weighing on us for a while now. We are just trusting God and just want to do what He wants us to do. I'm a little bummed because I wanted more time to spend more time with my family out here, but maybe we'll be back too...?
I'm rambling peeps =) We have just been in limbo for many months so far and are still debating things all the time=)!
What's the right thing to do? Should we just stay? Should we move? What type of house should we be looking at? What does each potential decision mean for now and the future? Why are we doing it? Are the reasons biblical?
Ok, I'm done.
At this point we are hoping that this house works out...we think... oh my goodness! We have made so many pro con lists and debated every inch of every decision that could be made, talked about 2, 3, 5, and 10 year goals again. Oh we have soo been down every road. =)
Simple conclusion - as long as we are living for God and doing His work ultimately either decision is ok. :)
Ok, now I'm really done! Thanks for listening girls!!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Ok, so here's the idea! I put a Mister Linky at the bottom of this post, all you have to do is leave a comment, add your blog link by clicking on Mister Linky, and post or link to an old post of an awesome recipe that you love! Then everyone can come to your site and see your rockin' recipe!
What do you make when new guests come over, what does everyone ask you to make, what do you never have leftovers from, what's a great figure friendly recipe, weight-watchers, slow-cooker, anything! If you want you can tell everyone to come linky too, then we'll all have lots of new great recipes to try!
Here's mine...Lasagna R0lls! From Giada on the F00d Netw0rk!
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped (I haven't used but try it out :))
1 large egg, beaten to blend 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for salting water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
1 lb ground beef or turkey (a self added ingredient, we love meat=)!)
First! Lay all ingredients, mixing bowls, pans, measuring cups and spoons out on counter, at their little "station" so you don't have to run around your kitchen like a crazy lady trying to find things after you start:) Though it does happen girls, it does =).
1. Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes.
3. Whisk in the milk. Increase the heat to medium-high.
4. Whisk the sauce until it comes to a simmer and is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
5. Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce. (it's still yummy even if you
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. (ooh and make a couple extra just in case some rip up while they're cooking or being pulled to safety:))
3. Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking. (perfect for your mixture assembly line!)
4. Whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. (and meat here too if you love your meat =)!)
6. Pour the bechamel sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. (it smells delish!)
7. Lay out 4 (or how ever many you can fit :)) lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle.
8. Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle like a jelly roll. (they're fun to make too!)
9. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the bechamel sauce in the dish. (your mouth should be watering by now!)
10. Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls (I usually just do both cups of sauce).
11. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls. (always feel free to use more cheese =)!!)
12. Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles (yum!!), about 20 minutes. (ooh and spray the tin foil with cooking spray so the cheese won't stick!)
13. Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes (if you can wait that long =)!).
14. Meanwhile, heat the remaining (or additional, some peeps like their sauce) marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and serve alongside. (now dig in!!)
Linky up ladies!! The more that linky the more great go-to new recipes we'll all have to make! Happy recipe sharing!!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
We went to an airshow yesterday! We had so much fun! It was soo warm outside but gorgeous, clear blue sunny skies as usual =)!!
I love and am so fascinated by planes! I used to want to be a pilot too (a pilot, a spy, I used to want to do a lot of things haa=)!! and still do=)). T0p Gun was my favorite movie for the longest time!
Our friend is an F-16 pilot in training at the air force base, so it was soo neat to go and see his F-16, and some pretty incredible planes and shows including a crazy stunt helicopter and the F-16s!
ETA: Haha! Do you see my belly stickin' out underneath BabyBoy?
It really reminds you there are so many men and women out there serving us and our country for our freedom!!
From Hubby and our family, to all of you or to your spouses that are serving, Thank you for serving, we appreciate what you do sooo much, and God bless you!! We stand clapping and hollering and praying for you!!
Friday, March 20, 2009
I've always wanted to come up with an alias for myself! You know, a fake name to go by in case random sketchy person asks me my name I can say, Hiii my name is...Svetlana, or Natasha, or Vanessa. Haha! I'm not sure why I'm picking mostly exotic European names =)!
Our GPS's name is Natasha (I actually didn't name her =)). Does your GPS or other household items have a name?? We have a space heater named Esteban =)! His predecessor was Edgar (he blew up, it was a sad day!). My violin's name is Giuseppe. =) Our cars are currently unnamed...I digress.
But I have a problem lying! I guess it's not a problem, but I can't lie very well! I don't even like withholding information! Especially the closer I am to someone. Ok, now if I really was a spy I could totally do it, you know for our nati0n's secur.ity or my family/friends, haha! (I mentioned in an earlier post how I used to want to be a spy!!) Or fun secrets or private conversations with friends/family! If you confide in me, that's where it stays =) Oh I digress again!
So I always thought about my alias in college especially when I was by myself. There were so many times I was so close and almost said my fake name then at the last second said my real one!!!
Has anyone else had this goofy thought? Do you have an alias? Or do your inanimate objects have names? =)!! And what are they?!
and keep getting ready to post your go-to dish recipe =)!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Coming to get Mommy! I can never get enough of that sweet smile!
Cheesin' it up at the airport!
My Dad, Aunt, and Uncle at a 60th B-Day party for Uncle. BabyBoy was super sleepy, it was past his little bedtime. =)
Brush bruuush, brushin' the teeth! Daddy or Mommy brush first then BabyBoy turn. He loves to brush:)
Here's the goofy side smile belly pic =)! Almost 22 weeks (we are now 23 =))
The fam :) (oh boy this is not a great shot of me at all, but it is of the boys. I will sacrifice. haha! the next picture was taken after this one!)
Mexican! I got chicken fajitas and Hubby got an enchilada platter :) Then we played games and watched 24 with friends!
Hubby is able to feel the baby kick all the time now, it is such an awesome thing!
I love when we're just sitting watching tv or working on the computer and the baby kicks and bounces my arm up off my belly. A sweet little nudge. It is such a neat reminder that he's in there doing great so far!
We have an appt + the glucose test next week, duh duh duhhh. Then they're sending us for another big sonogram at 28wks (bc the complications with BabyBoy didn't present until later). So we're still praying that our sweet NCF Next Edition BabyBoy continues developing just right and is a super healthy little guy!
I hope you're having a great start to the week girls! Oh and get ready to post your favorite go-to dish recipe!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I have seen the Bare Minerals infomercial in its entirety so many times! I've talked about it before and I keep wanting to try it but I haven't made the plunge!
And how about the Jack La Lane P0wer Juic er? I keep saying wouldn't it be great to just throw some fruit and veggies in and drink up your natural vities! I am soo bad about eating all my veggies and fruits. I have BabyBoy eat them, he's a superduper veggie and fruit eater! :) We (well Hubby) makes us smoothies but you can't just throw a whole apple in there! :) I've read the reviews and think this is not "the one" yet I used to still watch, ha! I know some of you have juicers, any great ones??
We have now seen the Multimaster a couple times and Hubby really wants it! He is ready to build a house with it!
How about fitness crazes? Tae B0? Did you get it? Is it fun? How about a hiphop workout! We have only been part of a gym a couple times for a short amount of time but I always LOVED the classes! There was a hiphop class that was sooo much fun! You get some new moves and a little workout too. So fun!
And we all know about the Snuggie. I know some of you have this! Do you love it? What's your review?!
Ok, admit it, have you purchased an infomercial product? Do you like it??
And this commercial! The first time I saw it I thought, oh my goodness, this is soo ridiculous. But I couldn't change the channel! ha! Anytime it comes on, I can't change the channel! Hubby agrees too :) If you watch it close there is tons of randomness in it too, pretty funny.
Off to do dinner, games, and enjoy some laughs with some great friends! I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Most of these are on sale ladies! Ya'll know I shop sales and clearance (with coupons if at all possible :))! I normally shop at the more, let's say, everyday stores like Target, Old Navy, L0FT, maybe H & M or F0rever 21 (though not in a while), used to sometimes do more Banana, Gap, and NYC0. I would love to shop the boutique shops more but they are a little or a lot more moola. :) So a girl can look :)
So how about these?
Dress - I normally don't do the halter thing but thought this had a cute cut.
Ruffles are in!
Somebody post some cute flat shoes! I need some of those too (yes I said need...ok I don't mean need...I mean want...or need :))!
I tried these on and they were super comfortable! Although they don't have 1/2 sizes and I think the half would have been right on. Is Aldo an ok brand? I think they look cuter on than in the picture. Know what I min?I hope you're having a great day!!