Thursday, December 10, 2009

Party Attire!

Hubby's work Christmas Party attire that is. Let's begin.

Hubby: "What are you going to wear to the party?" he innocently asked

Me: tilted head, dejected tone "I have no idea..."

Hubby: knowing what a crazy process I make the 'what to wear' decision =) "Don't involve me this time" he said smiling

Me: "uuh" said like "How rude" from the Olson twins from Full House (what up Megan=))

Hubby: knowing I would probably stand in our closet for the next three days straight saying I have nothing to wear "if we find a sitter, you can buy a new not too expensive dress."

Me: smile and the mind starts racing

So I went to the outlets yesterday and no. luck. I inadvertantly tried on a dress for $959.?? Yeah, move the decimal over to the left, I thought it was that plus 50% off! Annd it was the one that I would have gotten. I mean it was originally $3000. ha.

I did not get it.

I'd never been to Off Saks 5th Ave before but Hubby's cousin said she's found cute things for great deals so thought I'd check it out.

So as I tweeted, Suggestions are welcome! (exact dresses, stores, anything really, bring it) Spanx are a given :).

And I might need a cute new pair of heels too. =) Maybe with a bow or flowery "thing" on it, or a cute peeptoe. Loving the peeptoes, bows, and flowery thing on heels. It's been forever since I've purchased a new pair of heels. My cousin is getting married next summer, I can wear them there too, =) our photos, I'll wear them to the grocery store if I must, the possibilities are endless.

Oh and the party is this Saturday, so we need to act fast. I've been sick and feeling terrible since yesterday early evening, so shopping didn't happen today. I've pretty much been in bed all. day. Uh oh. Need a cute dress girls!

And again I say, I am so sorry for being so behind... I have 525 unread posts in my google reader... why is that so stressful? Thank you for sticking with me, you are so sweet, and I appreciate every comment, seriously, makes that big ole goofy smile appear on ma face, every time.

21 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

I know this sounds crazy, but Target has some really cute party dresses right now. You might want to check them out! I will shop around on the internet and send you a few links if I find anything cute! I hope you feel better!

Krystyn said...

With the budget and all, I don't even look any more.

But, I know a friend that finds good stuff at The Loft. And, of course, the good finds at TJ Maxx and Ross.

Brittany Ann said...

I'm with Krystyn. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross...you have to search, but you can find some steals. What about Kohls?

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Good Luck finding the dress. I always have the hardest time finding something for my work Christmas party. Just this afernoon on my lunch hour I enlisted a couple of girls from the office to meet me a Kohl's to find a cute top to wear...the party is tomorrow. I found something and feeling so much better about it!

emily said...

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48111&vid=1&pid=690938

love this!! not sure the budget, but this is my fav dress of the season. banana republic in general has a few great options! good luck!!

Annie said...

i hope you can find a dress and that you feel better soon hun!!
i bought a pretty dress last year at caché. not sure if that store is located near you but they have tons of pretty stuff!

Megan said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you choose!

Gwen said...

Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Target, NY&Co. Any of them should have fabulous options!!! And definitely get shoes, then post photos!!! Can't wait to see what you pick. :) XOXO

Lindsey said...

I hope you find a nice dress friend! TJ Maxx sometimes has some steals, as well as Forever 21!

Nancy said...

LOL@ the $959 dress! No advice here, but wishing you good luck!

Rebecca Jo said...

Just seeing the price of that dress makes me hyper ventilate... I know I'd spill wine or something that stains on it & it'd be ruined forever! :) cant wait to see what you get!

Kristin said...

TJ Maxx baby! Meg and I both have scored designer deals there. Hope you feel better ASAP!

Candise said...

Too funny!!!! Same boat...got a work Christmas party for Jim on Sat. and I am 8 mos prengant! Lovely, huh!

Rachel H. said...

Hope you feel better, and I have no suggestions, but try Ann Taylor Loft. I don't know what they have this year, but they may have something cute. :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I've been on the look for a cute holiday party dress too with no luck. So I'm afraid I'm no help =( But good luck finding something!

Trina said...

Definitely check TJMaxx or Marshalls (maybe Ross?). I also love Charlotte Russe too.

Mel said...

So fun! Ditto on the Target comment - was at the Burke one last week and there were some super cute black & gray & purple knee-length dresses, all around $40 each. Wish I had more in my wardrobe to offer!

Audrey said she has lots of dresses if you want to shop her closet!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Definitely try TJMaxx! I have found great stuff there! :)

a H.I.T. said...

Do you have a Loehmann's near you? They always have great designer dresses at super low prices.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Well, you must have quite the fabulous taste! Go you! Hopefully you have found something by now - I'm not the best at dress shopping (crappy selection in ol' Omaha, NE), but Zappos has some pretty cute shoes with bows & peep toes. And Kate Spade - she's always got the best, sigh. For more affordable check out Nina. They have some really cute ones under $100! Good luck!!!

AO said...

OK...I know I'm not the only curious one wanting to see a post featuring pics of the party dress! ;-D


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved