Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Card '09 & New Year's "They're Going To Happens"

with edits=)

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year friends and fam!! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Holiday Card '09
We LOVE receiving picture holiday cards and letters from friends (and Hubby's Aunt and Uncle) every year. It is so much fun to read a summary of their year and see pics of their fam. And so wonderful to see and hear more about friends who live far away now, who we don't get to see often enough!

I We procrastinate because when we're almost ready, some'em ain't right, outfits, skin like one of us is 16... are so thoughtful that we I always usually (we've only been doing it for a few years) send our cards and letters out a little late because we know how fun it is to receive them, we spread 'em out for our fam and friends. ;-)

Holiday Card '09

We used Shutterfly annnnd because we picked them up at Target we saved over $.20/card from the Shutterfly site! I liked some of their other pretty backgrounds but I loved the labels on our card for this year. We also sent out a letter talking about all of our big happenings this year, what the little ones are doing, what Hubby and I have been up to, and what we are looking forward to doing next year. Here's our card from this year=) And thank you to some of my twitter friends for picking this one over the other one I showed you! This was the one I chose too=)!

New Year's
Did NY's sneak up on anyone else?? It completely snuck up on me! What are you guys doing? So I haven't really been one to do New Year's Resolutions, because I was always told why make them because so many people don't actually follow through. But this year I'm doing it. I'm making some resolutions. Because really, they are things to strive for. So here we go, New Year's "They're Going To Happens" because they need to happen people!

[1] Stop letting what other people think get to me so much. I just waste too much energy and emotions worrying about what other people think. I run scenarios through my head waaaay too much, over and over, how should I say something, did I say something wrong, did I offend someone. I mean I will always be sensitive and think about those things, and continue being empathetic, but I can also be a little um lot healtier about it too=). If someone doesn't think I'm "cool" enough to be friends with, I'm not going to change who I am. I love to smile, be happy, and real, have fun w/ friends, (and be close to family), and want to keep that up!

[2] Lose these last 11-12 lbs! Oh boy=)

[3] Spend more time in God's word. Quiet time. Reading. Studying. It's a must for me!

[4] Get more involved in our new church (the church near our new house) like we were in our previous ones (and we're still going up there for some playgroups, MOPS, and gettogethers w/ friends=)). Make new friends around our new house. It's been a little tough after moving and having our sweet second baby, for various, some frustrating (not bc of any of my boys!), reasons. So I'm going to get over those frustrations and get out there and continue to meet new friends (we've already met some great ones) and keep in touch with old friends! Friends are so important and we love our dear friends who are true friends, and no matter how much time has passed, it's like none has passed at all. Those are wonderful friends! We are so excited to continue to grow those friendships even deeper in 2010!!

Happy New Year!!! We wish you an amazing, fulfilling, prosperous, God-driven, full of joy New Year!!

22 comments:

Kristin said...

You have such a beautiful fam! I tend to break all my resolutions. Gotta work on keeping one this year. Ah ha

Megan said...

You card is so cute! I love it!

Kristy said...

Precious family! :)
Happy New Year!

Sherrie said...

What a beautiful card. Love it!

Lianna Knight said...

Adorable cards and I LOVE your NY's resolutions. You should visit my blog, http://growingourowngarden.blogspot.com and link up to my New Year Resolution Review!

Happy 2010 to you!

Brittany Ann said...

We haven't made New Year's plans yet either! What to do!

But, seriously, I love your card!

Shannon said...

Love the card. Very cute. I'm still working on my NY resolutions. I have no idea what we are doing on NYE... eek!

Meagan said...

SO CUTE!!! I Need to get on some new Years Resolutions!!! EEEK!

Lauren said...

What a cute card! Such a beautiful family!

Bringing Up Boys said...

Great Christmas card! As far as NYR I don't tend to make them for the same reason as you...although i must say you have some good ones listed.

On a side note you mentioned a "new church" so am I right in assuming you are no longer going to IBC? We're at MBC these days... where are you all at?

Rachel said...

Your card is adorable! I love it :)

And I so feel ya on the friends thing. It's so hard making friends as an adult. I grew up with lots of friends, many who I still chat with frequently, but none live near me. I've found that this has been one of my biggest struggles as an adult!

Nikki said...

Happy New Year, the card turned out great!

Lindsey said...

Your card is so adorable!!!

The Pink Chick said...

I love your card! It is absolutely adorable! What a beautiful family!

Gwen said...

Your card is adorable!!! And I love your resolution list. Top on my list is to stop letting people walk all over me. :) Hope you have a fabulous NYE!! XOXO

Renee said...

Beautiful card! I also need stop replaying scenarios in my head.

daniella said...

I'm digging all resolutions, ESPECIALLY number four :-) We've been in the same boat. The other day I had a mini breakdown and discovered that the reason I've been having such a hard time since moving to Q-town and some post-partum depression symptoms is because I don't have any female companionship. That's really rough for me since I'm one of 6 sisters (all living accross the country). I prayed that God would send me a friend because life is just too tough without even one. Please don't get freaked out when I say this, but I do believe that you were the answer to my prayer.

Thank you so much for having us over! I had such a good time! And the chilli wasn't even all that spicy :-) We MUST do it again real soon. Next time - our place.

Laurin R. Pearce said...

So glad that you shared the New Year's resolutions!

Tara Gibson said...

adorable card!! hope you had an amazing nye!

Megan said...

Love the card! And those resolutions are totally doable :-) Happy 2010!

Tricia said...

Such a beautiful family. Happy New Year!

Krystyn said...

Love the card with your adorable family! And, those are some good goals.


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved