Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Decorations '09

I love decorating! And you girls have been so inspiring with all of your beautiful decorations each season! There have been several years that we haven't really been able to decorate too much because we were moving or packing or unpacking (do you notice a trend here=)), so I was so excited to decorate this year.

This is our first "real" fake tree! When we were first married a co-worker passed her old little artificial down to us and after many years it was time to say goodbye to our first little tree.

So this is a 7.5 foot prelit tree [I got it for 65% off plus an additional 15% off, couldn't pass it up!]. Most of the ornaments are gold, silver, and red. Some sparkly, some velvety, some shiny, some matte. There are a few ornaments that we've bought or been given by my Mom too. Remember this Jewish [believing in Jesus girl] just started celebrating Christmas when I met ma Hubs so I'm still working up our decoration collection.

A few faves. Love the sparkly snowflakes. Love gingerbread houses - I even bought supplies to make them with my kids when I taught, we had so much fun. And cute little snowmen.

This is the family room=) This is really the first year we've had stockings. These were the cutest ones I found for a good price and we all like snowmen, they're just cute and fun. And I bought six of them!... because we are hoping to have four little ones=)... they all had to match! And we love our lone big nutcracker and hope to add more to our collection of one in the future=)!

There are a few more here and there and lots of yummy smelling candles everywhere but I'll show you those in another post=)

If I don't get a chance to say on the day, Merry Christmas friends!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and lots of time to relax with family and friends! And I wish you so much JOY!!

27 comments:

Saskia said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family too!

Your decorations look fabulous!! I love the gingerbread house hanging in your tree.

I bet your two boys will have a most magical time :)

x

Meagan said...

How pretty!!! I love your mantle! Everything looks gorgeous.

Lindsey said...

GORGEOUS tree and I love the JOY candle holder! You have great taste!

Brittany Ann said...

I love that you pre-bought your stockings! I did that too! And I don't even have one yet! But I've got four stockings for my four kids rarin' and ready to go!

Lauren said...

Merry Christmas! Those stockings are adorable!

Lucky in Love said...

Your house looks fantastic! And your tree is absolutely gorgeous! Love the gingerbread houses:)

Jenna said...

Very Pretty! Merry Christmas to you!!

Heather said...

I love your Christmas decorations girl!!! Everything looks beautiful!

Nikki said...

Merry Christmas! Your decorations are very festive and pretty. You did good thinking ahead about the stockings. I'll have to buy new one's next year.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

it looks great!!! and we still only have 1 little nutcracker too. can't wait to find some little friends for him!

Mrs. Potts said...

Beautiful pictures! I love how everything looks together.

Baby Mama said...

LOVELY!!! I love your fireplace and the stockings are so cute!

Merry Christmas!!

Newlywed Next Door said...

Everything looks great! Love your stockings on the mantel. Makes me want a fireplace in our condo (not that we need one!) Your tree looks fab too.

Also saw your snow pics! Wow! Love the Peppermint Schnapps idea too.

Have a great Christmas with you adorable family, sweet girl!

Rachel said...

Looks gorgeous! You did a lovely job :) One thing I don't like about our new place is no mantle. One day!

Sherrie said...

Beautiful decor. The tree is gorgeous.

Renee said...

Your decorations are so pretty. I love the fact that you bought six stockings. That was a great idea.

d.a.r. said...

Gorgeous!! I love your mantle!

Jules said...

It sounds like you got a great deal on your pretty tree and it is decorated so beautifully! The gingerbread house ornaments are so cute. The stockings look great hung from the mantle. I can’t wait to have a home with fireplace.

I hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

Your decs are just fabulous! I have that gingerbread house too!! Can I tell you how jealous I am of your mantle? Stockings only seem to look right hanging from a mantle. Ours hang from floating shelves. Ah ha ha

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Merry Merry Christmas!! I am loving the nutcracker!!

Krystyn said...

Your tree and your house look beautiful.

Merry Christmas to the NCF!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Beautiful! Q and I have the tradition of getting an expensive I think Wedgewood or some English brand and we love it.

The Shabby Princess said...

Love, love, love your holiday decorations. So pretty!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Everything turned out beautifully!! I love it! :)

PinkPolkadotAA said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

short southern momma said...

How pretty!!! I love your tree! Mine bit the dust this year so I am on a mission to find one on sale here in a couple of days for next time. Hope your having a great day! XOXO

Weeksie50 said...

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas : )

I don't know if you remember me.. the unfaithful blogger.. I have really been missing it lately...


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved