Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet Treat! They're Not Just Russian Tea Cakes

I love baking. It just so happens that most of baking is either carbs or sweets but I love it (umm and love to eat it=)). And I love to try new recipes. So one night a couple weeks ago I was on a mission to try a new recipe.

Even though it did not contain chocolate, I found Russian Tea Cakes! Also know as Mexican Wedding Cakes. AKA a bunch more names but I think these two are the most common. =) I always love when I see them at parties, showers, or really anywhere. I haven't had them very often but now that I can make them, mmmmm!


They are a buttery, melt in your mouth, sweet, cookie! There are not too many ingredients and they are sooo yummy. Here we go! I halved the reciped when I made them because it makes 4 dozen and they turned out great=)

Ingredients - Makes 4 dozen
1 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanila
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar

Instructions
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts, and salt until dough holds together.
3. Shape dough into 1 -inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
5. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, cool on wire rack 5 minutes, roll in powdered sugar again.

[i used walnuts because it was what we had, ground them up in a mini food processor]

[I used my trusty Kitchen Aid mixer. This is what the dough looked like when I was ready to roll! (ha, get it, roll...ok nevermind=)]

[All rolled and ready to go! Yes I used a little tape measure to make sure they were around 1 in=) I am not a perfectionist. at all.]

[while they were cooking, I got the powdered sugar, cooling racks, and container for storing all ready]

[All baked and cooling]
[1st powdering]
[2nd powdering, ready to eat! Yummy with a cup of tea=)]

I hope you enjoy!! And get ready for a giveaway!!! I wish I could win! Seriously. Some awesome items. =) Happy Wednesday!

22 comments:

Lauren said...

So lovely...and making my stomach growl!

Rachel said...

Mmmmm! I love when I find these at a party!

Lindsey said...

Yummy!!!

pocket full of pink said...

YUMMM!!! Ohhh I need to try these!! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Yum! I can't wait to make those and enjoy them with a cup of Earl Grey!

Nancy said...

Wish I had one right now!

Brittany Ann said...

YUm! Thanks for sharing!

Lucky in Love said...

Seriously yum! I love those things :)

Kristin said...

These are some of my very favorite cookies! My Mom makes amazing ones. YUM!

Rachel H. said...

OMG!! These looks amazing!! These are some of my favorite cookies, and I love that I know have a recipe!! This is awesome! Thanks! :)

Melissa G. said...

OH! Thanks for reminding me of these! I love them! My mom used to make them every Christmas!

Gwen said...

Oh my goodness!!! These are now on top of my baking list for Christmas. XOXO

Beth said...

I LOVE russian tea cakes....mmmmmm!!! Thanks for the recipe :)

Erica said...

We make these every Christmas. Sometimes we add red and green sugar to the powdered sugar to make them more festive! Yummy!

Meagan said...

mexican wedding cakes are my fave!!!!!

Krystyn said...

Serious yumminess. I can just imagine them melting in my mouth!

Heather said...

Girl, these look delish!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, can't wait to try them!

short southern momma said...

Ohmigosh girl, I have had these before and I bet I gained 5 pounds! They are soooo good! Hope you have a great weekend! xoxo

Becky said...

MMMM...those look so good! You must be an excellent cook!

Jules said...

I’ve had these before, but never made them myself. I also love to bake, especially around the holidays. They look delicious and thank you for posting the step by step instructions. I need to try these.

I hope you have a great weekend :)

In this wonderful life... said...

this sound and look YUM!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

YUM! My mom used to make these all the time and I love them but never knew the recipe--thank you!!!!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved