Even though it did not contain chocolate, I found Russian Tea Cakes! Also know as Mexican Wedding Cakes. AKA a bunch more names but I think these two are the most common. =) I always love when I see them at parties, showers, or really anywhere. I haven't had them very often but now that I can make them, mmmmm!
They are a buttery, melt in your mouth, sweet, cookie! There are not too many ingredients and they are sooo yummy. Here we go! I halved the reciped when I made them because it makes 4 dozen and they turned out great=)
Ingredients - Makes 4 dozen
1 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanila
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts, and salt until dough holds together.
3. Shape dough into 1 -inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
5. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, cool on wire rack 5 minutes, roll in powdered sugar again.
[i used walnuts because it was what we had, ground them up in a mini food processor]
[I used my trusty Kitchen Aid mixer. This is what the dough looked like when I was ready to roll! (ha, get it, roll...ok nevermind=)]