Monday, November 16, 2009

Surprise!

It was this Saturday! I tweeted about it a little bit (because Hubby isn't a tweeter=)) but I had to keep it off the blog just in case! I had a surprise birthday party for Hubby's 30th Birthday!!

I made a personalized invitation from evite {dot} com (I'll post about that later=)) with this pic=)


I had to be extra sly about it because I kept thinking thinking for sure he would find out and be onto me! So I used cash to buy all the supplies so he wouldn't see it on our online budget keeper (mint) or our credit card, I created a new e-mail account so I could e-mail so I could send out an evite (more on that later=)), and I stored all the goodies at our awesome friends' house down the street and my Mom's!

I do not like even witholding information and almost said something so many times but I caught myself, said come on NCF Mama don't give it away! I had to be careful what I told BabyBoy too because he has an impeccable memory and for sure would have told Daddy the exciting news=)!

I made another fondant cake (my second! well third including a practice one before BabyBoy's bday=)). I have to give a huge shoutout to Jenny for giving me tons of fondant tips!!! She was so great and helpful and sent me so much info for when I did BabyBoy's cake! Thank you Jenny you helped me out so much!!!

Thank you to all of our friends who came!! You guys rock and made it such a special night!!! Hubby (and I) had such a great time! It really meant a lot to me and to the Hubs.

Thank you to Hubby's bro for going along with my plan and having a boys' game night at his house Friday night to Sat when they would play more games and some tennis. They had been wanting to do it for so long, but Hubby felt bad, it was the perfect cover and they got some great hang time. [We were supposed to get to meet for coffee before coming back to the house for some food I cooked and baked for him, but he got stuck in so much traffic, I ended up having him come back to the house=)]

And thank you to my Mom for helping me finish prep on Saturday, I couldn't have done it without you!

I wanted to make it three layers for effect =) I have never done three before but I just had to do it=)

Boston Cream Pie! Such an easy recipe!! If you're interested let me know=)And we were having such a great time with everybody we didn't get a good pic of everyone and my Picasa is completely messed up right now :-( All my folders are deleted and I can't upload any pics, we've been working on it for hours!


[BabyBoy was the entertainment before Hubby got there and and before both little ones had to go to bed, but he didn't want to go to bed without singing Happy Birthday to Daddy=)]

We are sooo thankful for everyone who came! Hubby said it was the most surprised he has ever been=) Yaaay! You guys are awesome!

I kept asking if he knew anything and he kept saying he didn't have a clue. So then I started recounting, do you remember when I asked you this, or when I did this, or when this happened... and he laughed and said yes, had the head tilt, yes I remember that, and my reply... yeah it was all part of the master plan! =)

24 comments:

Molly said...

Nice job! That cake is impressive!

Jon and Steph said...

Great job on keeping it a surprise! I know it's sooooo hard!

and kudos to you on that cake!

Glad you all had a great time!

Rachel said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad it went well! Looks like so much fun! And your cake looks fabulous! If I ever make a fondant cake, I'm coming to you for tips!

Rachel H. said...

So fun! Glad it went well, and you were able to keep it a secret! I did one once for Grant, and it turned out so well too. It's just so much fun to surprise them and let them know that this was all done for them, because it's something they wouldn't want you to do for them if they knew about it.

Meagan said...

Everything looked awesome!! You have to give me tips, I wanna make a fondant cake!

You look gorgeous as well!

Shannon said...

Aren't surprise parties so much fun to plan?! I'm glad yours went so well!

Joelle said...

girl the cake is amazing!! im so sorry we didn't make it. happy belated to eugene!

Rebecca Jo said...

How fun!! I love you used tennis balls in the vases too for decorations... so clever & neat!

Gooch Family said...

Great job on the cake, the food, the party and I love your new blog layout! Also you look great and so skinny!

Lucky in Love said...

Aw honey! Thanks for the shout out :) Your cake looks freaking fantastic!! And I'm so glad the surprise party went off so well :) I'm wishing and praying that mine does the same!

Lindsey said...

Awww you are the sweetest wifey!! What a great party!!

Renee said...

Yeah! Looks like a great time.

When I did a surprise party for chris, he did start wondering where I was spending all the cash.

Newlywed Next Door said...

WOW! Great job! I love the tennis stuff!

Heather said...

Great job on the party!! What a blast and the cake looks great!

Lauren said...

Way to go on pulling off the surprise! That would be such a challenge for me! Oh and the cake looks so yummy!

Megan said...

You went to a lot of work to keep it a secret and make it a good surprise, I am glad it all came together!!

Lyr said...

What a great party! That is fun! BTW - Thanks for the congrats on my blog we are super excited!

Gwen said...

I think it's fabulous that you were able to keep it a surprise. I never do. LOL!!! I love the cake you did. You are super talented. You should check in to making them for pay!!! XOXO

The Shabby Princess said...

OK, that cake looks AWESOME. And what a sweet and thoughtful wife you are. How fun!

short southern momma said...

How fun! Me and my big mouth would have never been able to pull that off...you did awesome! Looks like hubs had a fabulous birthday! Love the pictures! Hope your having a great week! xoxo

pocket full of pink said...

Oh what FUN!!! And your cake is GORGEOUS!!! It looks AMAZING! Happy Birthday to your sweet hubby!

Kristin said...

What a fabulous wife you are. Looks like an amazing party!

Abbie said...

How fun! I threw J a surprise party for his 30th birthday a few years ago, and he found out a couple of hours before the party. I was so bummed.

The cake came out great!

Krystyn said...

Great job on pulling off a surprise! Love the cake, too!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved