Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Going Old School Thanksgiving - The It Started Everything Edition

It was November 25th, 1999. It was the end of the night. We were at my Mom's house... just hanging out like pretty well behaved college students.

We probably enjoyed Thanksgiving with my soon to be boyfriend, Hubby to come's family. I can't remember now because this is what I do remember...

We were standing in my Mom's living room, by the fireplace. I can't remember if it was burning or not. I can only remember standing in front of him, holding hands, looking, yes, into each other's eyes. =) We were starting to say our, don't want to but have to say goodbyes for the night.

Then we had the conversation. The I think we're dating/courting but it's not completely clear conversation. Neither of us were interested in anyone else. We were spending all of our free time together. Hanging out in college. Campus Crusade. Playing sports, watching tv and movies, going rollerblading at 2 in the morning (ok, that was only once, we were so young, maybe story to come). And we knew we wanted to take it to the next level. Courting meant that if we agree to this, then we know we are moving forward with the intent of marriage. If we found out later it wasn't right, then ok, but for now, noone else was in sight.

It might have been me that prompted that conversation. =) Hubby was so sweet and going with the flow and didn't want to do anything at the wrong time. It had been months of hangin' by this time and we knew there was something going on.

I had butterflies when his sweatpant wearing chill self walked into a room. And I found out later that on our first date, him teaching me how to play tennis, that he wasn't just watching the ball when I had to chase it across the court (and ... pick one up either =) blushing...).

So I might have said, in a fun sweet I'm hoping so tone, "so what's going on here, are we dating?" =)

That was 10 years ago!

I am so incredibly thankful for my amazing Husband, I cannot even begin to find the words to explain how much. We have grown so much together. He's made me stronger, he's become a phenomenal man and leader of our family, he's been encouraging me and working on my confidence for 10 years, he's become more detail oriented and more up for anything... we balance each other in so many wonderful ways.

I am thankful for so many things...

...including God's never ceasing provision and undeserved blessings, our gifts from God healthy amazing changed our lives in the best possible way babies; my Mom, who gave me away at our wedding, who I talk to on the phone all the time, about pretty much everything, even when either of us buys a new piece of clothing that we're excited about =), and yes we can get annoyed but we get over it; our families; and true friends...

...and not to take away from anyone or anything else, I am the most thankful for my husband. There are too many reasons to even begin to list (I've tried, that's why my posts about him are so long and there's always more=)). Next to God, he is my absolute rock. I do not know what I would do without him.

{pic from just after we were married in 2003 =)}

Happy Thanksgiving friends!!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and feast =) with your families or friends! Hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane!

21 comments:

Trina said...

I just noticed you have the same font for your post titles and sidebar titles that I wanted to use! LOL We have the same GREAT taste :D

Hubby and I started dating in Nov 1999 too. I was just telling him last night how weird it is that we have been together for 10 years now. I was never the type to be tied down for too long now look at me lol.

Sweet Simplicity said...

This is such a cute story! I love your new blog design!

Lindsey said...

Awww love this adorable story!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving friend!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

what a cute story!! hope you guys have a great thanksgiving!!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Awww. You guys! You two crazy lovebirds. We have loved being part of your lives together ALMOST from the beginning. You both rock and we're thankful for your friendship!

Annie said...

AW! you two are too cute!! :)

hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!!!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet story!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachel H. said...

So sweet...what a great story! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Michelle said...

Aww...so sweet! Happy Thanksgiving and happy 10 years! :)

Enjoy your holiday!

Shannon said...

That was such a sweet story!!

Rebecca Jo said...

aahhh - I was smiling reading the story of you & your husband... what precious memories those are...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenny.Lee said...

Awww what a beautiful, sweet story. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

The Pink Chick said...

I love your love story! How sweet! I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Lyr said...

Such a great story! Hehe... I was married in 2003 too! :)

Kristin said...

Beautiful. And I concur. I can't imagine life without the hubs. Happy Thanksgiving!

Brittany Ann said...

Love this story! Happy Thanksgiving!

Saskia said...

I loved reading this post. I am also so thankful to have found true love like you and your husband have! It's incredibly special.

Happy thanksgiving xx

Gwen said...

Such a sweet story. I hope you and your adorable family enjoyed your Thanksgiving. XOXO

Heather said...

What a cute story!! Happy Thanksgiving to you friend, hope you had a great day!!!

Molly said...

Awwww! How sweet! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Thiia ... said...

ssooo sweettt


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved