Wednesday, November 18, 2009

THE Day To Shop

It's the day of the deals! It's the busiest shopping day of the year! It is feared by many. You might even have to fight or box somebody out to get the deal you want before it's gone. Ok, it's no Sample Sale in NYC, although I've ever been to one... But it is highly anticipated! It's... Black Friday!!!

For the past several years Hubby and I have slept in and forgone the plethora of deals that every store in the universe was trying to entice us with. Really, it also seemed like the deals haven't been as good for anything that we had on our short wishlist. But still, we were strong... or really tired. =)

But this year, I'm looking forward to browsing the ads (including the early birds, gotta get the best deal if we're looking=)) and attempting to find some great deals. Our budget is pretty tight right now but for some reason I'm itching check it out this year. We don't really need anything, but maybe we can gift shop! Ooh yes. Even if we, ummm I don't find anything for us (I mean we really don't need anything, we are so blessed =)), I can find fun little gifts for other people. We love giving gifts!

Sites: Here are a couple sites for our deal searching pleasure (if you have any better ones, do share friends). And one for JCrew Factory. Other fab boutiquey stores haven't published their ads yet! Then if you find some things you want but aren't sure which one is better, you can go here or here to check out reviews and get the best one for you. =)

Things we're going to keep our eyes out for, not necessarily buy, but we'd like:
* An LCD TV a little bigger than our current old school CRT =)
* Our new camera!
* Boots and a pair of heels for moi, some clothes for the Hubs
* LivingRoom furniture - chocolate brown leather.. mmm luscious.. or microfiber.. durable & easy to keep clean
* Tricycle or big wheel for BabyBoy
* Little Christmas/Hanukkah gifts for the boys =)
* Gifts for friends and family

Do you shop on Black Friday?? Are you going to brave the crowds, the mobs, and fierce deal seeking shoppers to buy up some deals this year? What are you hoping to find a fab deal for?

20 comments:

Summer said...

I'm scared of Black Friday during the recession...my goodness people got NASTY last year!!!

I wish you all the luck!!! =) I'm sticking to computer shopping! lol

Lindsey said...

You are brave, good luck friend!!

Jenny.Lee said...

I have always avoided Black Friday. Something about massive sales that causes the demons in people to pop out! I don't like it! ;)

Lauren said...

While I have never gotten up before dawn to shop we almost always go shopping in the afternoon...sure the sales aren't as good but we still normally find some good deals & all the crazy people are dead tired by that time!

Good luck!

Renee said...

One of my favorite holiday traditions is shopping on Black Friday. I love going to the mall at 6AM and finding great deals. I am ready to leave by 11:00 and that is when the mall really gets crowded. I avoid the electronic and big box stores but the mall is great!

emily said...

i cant wait to hear what you find!! hpefully something because i will be sleeping. haha im proud of you though-i went last year and there werent enough sales to get me out again this year. hopefully that is NOT the case for you!! good luck!

Becky said...

I am probably going to do a little bit of shopping since I will be home in AR with family and not at work...hope to find some good deals! Thanks for the sites...that really helps!!!!

Rachel said...

I usually go out with my mom and siter, but not this year as we'll be traveling :( Good luck to you though!

Brittany Ann said...

I used to, but then I stopped. It's so stressful, but I, too, am wondering if it might be worth it this year! I've seen some great stuff!

Rachel H. said...

I don't shop on Black Friday, and I never had, but I think that I want to go and do it this year! I don't know why...I'm pregnant, and I still want to get out there and try to go to some stores and see what I can find!

Meagan said...

We never shop on Black friday because I like to sleep in whenever I can!!!!

Molly said...

I never miss Black Friday shopping! I love it. I can say that it is MUCH milder here in CA than it is in GA or FL. Going this year at 4!

Heather said...

Yes, I shop on Black Friday and I love it!! Until someone is rude about parking spaces! ha!! I love getting a good deal that day!

Kristin said...

I'll be in a teeny tiny town in the mountains. Boo!

Gwen said...

Good luck to you and be safe. :) I can't stand being pushed around in a hoard of people so I completely avoid shopping on Black Friday. I will actually be in the office next Friday and Ellie will be with me. We're going to decorate the divison Christmas tree. LOL!!! XOXO

Annie said...

you are a brave lady! ;)
i don't go out shopping on black friday, that is my chirstmas decorating day!! i can't wait! ;)

totally behind on blogs, i just went and read your monday post...the cake you made was awesome!! it turned out so good! glad your hubby's bday turned out great!

Lucky in Love said...

Oh we are very into Black Friday. Matt has been scoping out ads for weeks. It's a very elaborate plan we have...but we always get amazing deals. Totally worth it. Just wish it wasn't so gosh darn cold outside that early in the morning :)

Jules said...

Black Friday has become a tradition in our home, but sadly Geof will be traveling for work the day after Thanksgiving. I may go out with a girlfriend, but it won’t nearly be like the damage we’ve done in year’s past. We even camped out for our TV about 3 years ago (it was such a deal!). I really like to use bfads.net because they post the actual ad scans of the deals that will be published in the paper on Thanksgiving night. Good luck hunting for deals :)

Krystyn said...

Good luck and have fun. I've never done it...and I'm okay with that. But, I'm not good at knowing what people want, nor what I want to be patient enough for the really good deals!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I avoid Black Friday like the plague!! Good luck!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved