Thursday, October 22, 2009

What Was That?? Did You Hear That?

This happened in our last house all the time and completely drove us crazy and it's happening again. But this time I'm the only one hearing it!

Sounds. Random sounds. In the house. SCARY!

What you do when you hear a sound:

[1] Try to determine where said sound came from. [2] Try to determine what said sound actually was. [3] Try not to freak out, while trying to determine 1 and 2. [4] Quickly think of what you can grab to knock out whatever/whoever created aforementioned sound. [5] Go one step further and think what if someone is coming in to try to ste al the babies! Just go with me here, I admit it! It went through my mind! I've heard it on the news people. What if they attempt to come through the sweet little ones' window and try to take 'em. I would see it all happen on the video monitor. (love that thing by the way!) That would be too scary. Which leads me to #6. Btw: I would summon my momstinct and "work it"! [6] As if I don't always have it by me anyway - that's a whole other [obsessed] post=) - always have my phone on/near me. And always have it as fully charged as possible. I mean some tv shows their phones never run out of juice and others run out right when they need it!

sidenote: I did go upstairs to put Next Edition down for a nap and left my phone downstairs, heard a noise - don't make fun, I did - and thought through every single scenario of how I was going to protect my little ones and get out of the house...

Back to it.

I even called Hubby while he was in a meeting the other day (ok, I thought he might be in between meetings =)) to say that it sounded like something hit the house and made the house shake. It shook. It was abnormal! I am not a wuss. Ok maybe sometimes. But it was not a plane flying by, it was not the wind, it was not a big truck from far away, ok maybe it was. And it was BabyBoy who thought of that, ha! Our little 2 year old, in his cute little voice, said maybe it was a truck. ha. Good thinking cute boy, maybe it was. It was still weird. And very powerful. I'm just saying.

Every time we heard something in our old house, Hubby wanted to go buy a gun, go to a range and work on becoming the next Jack Bauer (and not just because he has a man crush on him!)! ha!

Does anyone else ever hear weird mysterious sounds? Or have somewhat completely they are so not irrational thoughts fly through your head about what the sound could be? =)

22 comments:

Becky said...

I hear wierd noises and it seems like it's ONLY when I am by myself or something...so I started just turning the TV on at night if I am by myself to have some other noise so I don't get paranoid. And Terence did take me to the gun range once to teach me how to shoot and I about peed my pants! ahhh!

Shannon said...

When I'm at home alone (at night) I turn the alarm on. It makes me feel tons safer. They're very cheap - go get one!

Tara Gibson said...

omg if i hear anything i think someone is trying to break in! you are not alone haha! : )

Milltini said...

Hahaha!!! I do--but since I live in an apartment these days I usually chalk it up to noisy communal living. BUT...when I used to live in the house I used to get so freaked out.

Our Plain Life said...

Hmmm, in your neck of the woods it could be your nice friendly military neighbor. We heard that all the time when we lived north of you. They like to practice with their big guns and tanks. Many times the windows and the house would shake! Good times. When Dan's not around I sleep with my cell phone and a nice putter close by!

Lauren said...

I hate weird sounds!!! and yes I totally overreact & think the worst when I hear a strange noise!

The Shabby Princess said...

I do fine when the husband is home, but, when he's out of town or something, I do get a little freaked out. We live in a big city and I always worry about crime and all that. I never really would get scared of noises when we lived in the country--I just chalked it up to living in an old house.

Jen Clark said...

I once thought someone was above our ceiling on the top floor and trying to claw through to our bedroom. I was all alone when I heard and saw (something clawing through the ceiling) this. I called my Dad and made him drive over to check. Turns out there were squirrels that had found their way into our crawl space from the dormer windows, made a nest, and had babies. We had to have men cut a hole in the ceiling to get rid of them and one got loose in our house. I am so glad I wasn't there at the time.

I also had my Dad come another time when I was alone with the baby. I really thought an intruder was in the house but it turned out to be the cat.

I am such a scaredy cat, always letting my imagination run away with me.

Lindsey said...

Oh goodness that would FREAK me out! Anytime I hear something I think someone is breaking in, ha!

Annie said...

you are not alone! how scary that your house shook!!
i hear stuff all the time!
and of course it's always when i'm at home alone. i know it's not just me (most of the time) becuase our dog barks.
i really don't like investigating the ruckus by myself either ;)
i live in a townhouse so i understand it could be our neighbors but it always sounds like the noise in our home.

amywelborn said...

That would creep me out too!!!

Kristin said...

I am SUCH a wuss. Normal house settling noises freak me out. I always have to have an exit route planned to get us out. Ah ha

Brittany Ann said...

I hear weird noises all the time. And I get so freaked out. One time I cried it scared me so bad, and my hubs had to come home from work, for nothing he could find. If I wasn't such a chicken...

(And I'd get the babies out, too. I always imagine how I'd save the dogs.)

short southern momma said...

hi!! thanks so much for finding me cause now i have found you!! I am soooo with you on this. I work at home during the middle of the night while my family is sleeping and I cant tell you how many times I have woken up my husband and jumped 5ft in the air because I herd a noise. I added you to my twitter too..hope thats ok. I am shortsassymama.
Cant wait to chat and hope your having a great day! = )

Saskia said...

I hear creepy & strange noises all the time... but only when I'm on my own!!

Saskia xx

PS Mr B has a major man-crush on Mr Bauer too!!

Heather said...

oh girl, yes! All the time, and if Matt is out of town it's worse! Why is that? We are in the same boat!

short southern momma said...

hi! just tagged you for an award over at my place. = )

Carol VR said...

Our house is over 100 years old and potentially haunted.

I kid you not... my son will not sleep in his room without a cross of sorts somewhere in his room.

We had heard footsteps, a chair rocking, humming, etc.

I LOVE IT!!!

USCEmily said...

I sleep horribly when I am home alone because I swear I am hearing sounds. I freak myself out!
Recently, though, our radio has been coming on by itself at random times. It did it to WEG once and he told me about it. Then it did it one day when we were both home. Then the last time I was home by myself and it came on and it was 3 times as loud as the last time it had been on. SO WEIRD!!

Kristen said...

I always hear weird sounds but half the time I think I make them up!

Rachel H. said...

We don't hear sounds, and I'm so thankful for it, because I would be on the ceiling in fear if we did! :)

Anonymous said...

花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved