Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Master Bedroom Before and After - Step 1

I will henceforth be speaking in "I" not "we" in the following post because the master bedroom bedding decision was left up to me, by the Hubs. I did check, double check, and triple check with said Hubs before the purchase was made! I was authorized to end the Spending Freeze of Summer '09 to start gussying up the master boudoir. and get a cute pair of shoes that I'll show you later! and a digital scale to torture myself with. it's great. it is. So... I [we =)] did it! Remember this post?

I still was not sure what I wanted but when I saw this one I couldn't stop looking at it. I did my obsessive thing, thought about the price, would I find one that I liked better, and looked everywhere online seeing if I could find another similar bedding that I might like better, but I couldn't.

It takes me sooo long to make a big purchase [ok and little purchases sometimes too, including deciding on my meal at a restaurant, but I am getting so much faster I'll have you know. I am. =)] But I've been wanting to redo our master for so long now. If I keep waiting, I'll never get one. If I don't like it in another 6 1/2 years we can get another one and move this one to the guest room. Don't worry though friends, it was on sale and I had a coupon! ;-)

With my gotta get it done once I get something in my mind, I washed, and did up the new bed the night I got it. It was almost midnight and luckily the Hubs just laughed at my insanity. [we're still on AZ time! not the kids, just us =)]

Before
After

Can you see the super soft plush ivory colored blanket in between the sheet and comforter. It's heaven. Warm. Cozy. You need to get one. [also on sale + a coupon ;-) I'm just sayin'.]


With the addition of a luscious leather [chocolate brown] tray [clearanced at Target! they still have them but they're full price, $20, but still worth it I say =)]. I love trays!


It's not quite as formal as we thought but we [and yes we! He did say, I never... ever... thought 10 years ago that I would be sleeping on zebra bedding but I like it =)] still really like it.

Next is: art, pictures, side table for the Hubs (we'd love to get a bed set but it's going to wait). I want to set up a little sitting area. I would love to get either a leather bench or trunk, or an ivory upholstered one, I'm leaning toward chocolate leather, oooh, for the foot of the bed. And I'm going to make an upholstered headboard that Lyndsey posted about! After I first saw the bedding I thought it had more chocolate brown on it, so I think I'm going to do the headboard in a chocolate brown to match and if I can figure it out maybe some ivory buttons to tie it all together.

I want to add an accent color too. Trying to figure out whether to stick with the red flowers I grabbed from downstairs and maybe throw in a colored throw pillow or two... suggestions are welcome!

26 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am loving the zebra print, gorgeous!!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh i am jealous! It's perfect! Just gorgeous!

Lianna Knight said...

So pretty!! I love brown and the zebra print is so IN :)

Becky said...

I LOVE it! You did such a great job and I love the colors and fabrics you chose!

Renee said...

Oh, I really like that. Maybe I will copy you. I have been wanting something new for our bedroom but I haven't found anything that I really like yet. I also haven't spent the needed time because I don't want to/can't spend the money now but hopefully I can soon.

Lauren said...

Love it! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the room!

Suzette said...

LOVE it!!! Can't wait to see it all finished, we've been here over a year and my master is still no done!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh, I LOOOOOOVE it!! I love, love, love it. I think red as an accent color would be great!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

It looks great! I LOVE that fabric! :)

AO said...

We still have your papers + mail - shall we drop'em off some time soon? :)

Karen said...

Gorgeous!!! I just love home decor, great choice!

Karen

Lucky in Love said...

This looks fabulous! Great job my friend!

The Pink Chick said...

This looks fantastic! It makes me want to go out and buy new bedding!

Aly said...

Looks great! I have the same sheets!

Jon and Steph said...

Awe I love it! Great choice. And the zebra print pillows are perfect. They add just the right amount of flare!

Rachel H. said...

I love the Zebra print! That is so nice!! I love it! :)

Adorably Distracted... said...

AHhh i LOVE it!!! I'm not a huge fan of zebra normally but when it's just the right amount I think it looks so great!!! good job lady!

Heather said...

Love the bedding!! So cute. I am in process of redoing our master too!

That Fresh Feeling said...

Love the new design of the bedroom. looks so comfy and makes me want to take a nap right about now!

Amber said...

Love the bedding, it looks fab! I like red as the accent color. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Gwen said...

I love the zebra print and I'm so jealous that you get to use a light color. The dog and cat would have that destroyed in a day at my house. :) XOXO

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

Oh, that is gorgeous!

Jen Clark said...

Very cute! You're lucky to have such an open-minded husband, Jeff wouldn't even consider animal print! Maybe he should start reading In Style...

Nikki said...

I like the zebra!

Rachel said...

This looks so fabulous!! It came together very nicely...and I love a good bargain story!

Abbie said...

It looks wonderful!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved