Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hot Date

I went on a date on Saturday night! With this cute hot guy! That's a cover of a magazine right there! =)

There was no time to do my hair after we went in the pool then fed and put the little ones to bed, but lucky for my date I did get a shower, wore something other than yoga pants or capris, or athletic shorts, and I did dry my hair, instead of sporting the crazed just out of the pool look I'd been modeling for days =).

We went to a favorite steakhouse of my Aunt and Uncle's [with a $15 coupon ;)]. We tasted and decided on a couple glasses of wine and both got the filet. Mmmm. Meat. It was yuuumm-y and being it was about the same price as everything else on the menu, we couldn't pass it up.

I was excited about getting french onion soup, featured on the left, with my husband's thumb's up=). I was in a flavorful, body warming soup mood and it has been so long since I've had it but unfortunately this one didn't really win our thumb's up. It was piled high with thin fried onions (you know I love almost anything fried) but it was a few thousand too many, and there was quite a hunk of bread in the bottom. Not a fan of big soggy food. But the flavor was delish. And Hubby had the spinach salad... was a'ight. =) I kept wondering, what would Chef Ramsey say = ).

But the company was fabulous! [and the wine was yummy ;)]

And then, even though we're old fogies and have been going to be so early [well, after great days, we're wiped by nighttime, then share dessert and tv show watching time with my Aunt and Uncle, so fun] we wanted to extend our date night. So we thought of going to a park, lying down on a blanket and looking up at the stars, and gazing into each other's eyes, but we were afraid of our party being invaded by a scorpion, so we said yes to a movie. We saw, Julie and Julia. It was really cute. We had a great time. I couldn't believe it, but I was sooo tired, I actually fell asleep for the last 10-15 min! I tried my darndest to keep my eyes open but I just couldn't make it! =)

It was so nice to go out together. We didn't get home until 1am! [we put BabyBoy down at his 7:30pm bedtime, then I fed Next Edition and we put him to bed. We left around 8:15pm and got done with dinner around 9:45pm. We found a theater and the movie started at 10pm on the money. Then we got turned around a couple times and two roads were closed so we had to detour twice!=)] Thank you Aunt Dottie! We always have so much fun!

23 comments:

Jenny.Lee said...

You look fantastic! I'm glad you two were able to get away from all the busyness and enjoy some time to yourselves.

Brittany Ann said...

Look at you, Hot Momma! So glad you got a Date Night! You deserve it!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, glad you go a night out!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

So fun! You look beautiful!

Casa Cannon said...

um yea, 1am is LATE for me too.:) glad you guys got a night out!

Molly said...

How perfect! We get date night this weekend. Yippie!

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

We went and saw a late showing of J&J, too. I didn't sleep through it, but I suspect it was funnier b/c we were slap happy.

Meagan said...

How fun! I love french onion soup but that looks crazy!

Lucky in Love said...

So sweet! Glad you two were able to get out together :)

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a very enjoyable evening! Always so great to get out and enjoy one another without the babies.

Lauren said...

You look wonderful! What a fun time with your date!

Amber said...

You're so preeetty! And I'm so glad you and your Mr. were able to share a special night!

Nikki said...

You gotta love a good date! I'm glad you were able to get out and have a good time.

Lindsey said...

Aww you two are so sweet!! I love that you had a date night, you deserve it!

pocket full of pink said...

Yayyy!! Date night out! Ya'll are seriously onle SMOKE'N couple!

Renee said...

Sounds like a great date! You look wonderful and the food sounds delicious.

Heather said...

Love date nights!! You guys look so cute and that food looks yummy!!

Gwen said...

You look FABULOUS!!! And what a wonderful date night!!! I'm glad you had a great time. :) XOXO

Shayla said...

how romantic! Yall look great together :)

Kristin said...

Jealous! Can't remember the last time we had a date night. Ah ha. You both look great!

Becky said...

So glad you got a HOT date in and were able to spend some time together! I just have to say you look GREAT hot mama! And that onion soup....oh my!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

You look great!! What a fun date night! Glad you got to go out and enjoy each other

a H.I.T. said...

I love that you two still go on dates! My sister and her hubs do too. They swear it keeps things exciting when children enter the picture :)


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved