Thursday, September 17, 2009

Operation Ramen for Rebel

I don't know how it was in your family but my Mom took pictures like she had amnesia and had to document everything to remember it happened=). She was "The Picture Woman."

And it was one of those things where we would be hanging out with friends, out to eat, or at or going to an event, and Mom would say wait, smile! No wait, let me fix your hair. Wait, tilt your head down a little. Wait, your arm looks funny, move it like this. Wait, move over here in front of this tree. Wait, let me fix your hair again. Now smile. And we would roll our eyes and say, Mo-om (you know the drop your voice and pronounce Mom like it is two syllables). And then later we would say... can we have a copy?? ha!

Then I got older. And I became, "The Picture Woman."

Now I'm the one that whips out the camera for anything and everything. And ever since I started blogging. Forget it. It's on. And I'm talking about the camera. It's on all the time. ha. Must take pictures. Of everything. Everything is picture worthy and everything is bloggable.

My Mom smiles or says I'm not picture ready, and my Dad's side of the family laughs everytime they see me start to unzip the camera case, saying here she goes again, ha!, and they may or may not smile for me, unless I make them laugh first. =)

So we got a point and shoot, a Can0n Elph, many years ago. It's a great, small, easy to whip out at a moments notice, oh look something cute, must take a picture kind of camera. And it's how we take our videos too. BUT I've always said in the time it takes to snap a pic, that precious, sweet, cute little, adorable, quick baby smile is gone. Or you get the end or just ended goofy face. So...

I'm going to eat these for a few months...

For this... Remember they used to be 10/$1 =)! And look they even came out with this... haha

I have been wanting a Can0n DSLR for years! I have been looking on craigslist, ebay, anywhere to find a good deal. Meanwhile Hubby's been saying our camera works great, is it really that much better? Well first, remember the precious smiles we miss, and second, well yes of course it is=)! And thankfully during BabyBoy's b-day party, our friends were taking some shots with there rockin' camera, [with the continuous shooting, my favorite!!]. Hubby asked, ok, are the pictures and photo quality really that much better? Both the husband and wife said, oh yes. I just stood there laughing, hitting Hubby on the arm, saying seeeee! hahaha! Thanks C and AO! Hubby said, ok, find the best deal and we'll have to save save save. Where's the Ramen?

Do you have a Canon? a Rebel? a DSLR? Do you love it? I've read tons of reviews on all of them! But I would love to hear from you too! And how about the lenses??

26 comments:

pocket full of pink said...

Ah, I really hope you can get one!!! My dream is to have a nice camera some day too, one that is not my simple point and shoot. Ramen Noodles ARE quite delish..I may have to jump on the money-saving-ramen-eating bandwagon with you! XOXO

Gwen said...

Is it sad that I actually crave Ramen noodles? I ate them every day for lunch for a long, long time. And I think I am now lusting for the cookbook. You'll get that camera in no time if you switch to Ramen cooking. :) XOXO

Lauren said...

Oh it's totally worth it. I have a Canon Rebel XSI 12.2 and I absolutely love it! My point and shoot was great, but I just feel like I get such better shots with this one! I reserached and ended up getting mine from Amazon through Beach Camera & I even got a bigger lens with the package! Certainly let me know if you have any other ?'s!

Brittany Ann said...

OH, I'm rooting for you!

Any woman who can live on Ramen alone deserves a camera!

Molly said...

I love Ramen! Such a bad sodium filled food! Ha!
Good luck getting your camera!

Rachel said...

Ok, I really do have a GREAT ramen recipe...email if you're interested!

I have the Nikon D40 and I loooooove it. Once you shoot with a DLSR, you'll never turn back!

Meagan said...

I love ramen! Too bad it has MSG or I would eat it daily! I'm so excited for you to get a nice camera! yay!!

Krystyn said...

I love an oriental salad with ramen on top!

I splurged on the Nikon D60. I love it. Part of my decision was the lenses and part was the memory card. The canon takes the bigger memory cards and they have little pins on them with are suppposedly quite easy to break.

Suzette said...

Ramen noodles are so worth it for that camera! I have a canon rebel and I love it, my sis has it and several lenses and she LOVES hers and is so good at knowing all the tricks! Hope you get it! :)

Jenny.Lee said...

I don't have one but several of my friends do. It's really as good as they say! Besides Ramen isn't so bad... :)

Renee said...

Chris and I both think that my canon rebel takes better pictures than the canon Elohim that I always have in my purse. I love the Dslr but I still love always having the point and shot with me.

You should check frugal.com and amazon.

Good luck with the ramen noodles. I still miss shots b/c the kids don't cooperate.

Scott Family Fun said...

It's like night and day...you'll never want to go back! We got the cannon rebel DSLR befor kids. I was so tired of trying to get pictures of my nieces and nephews and missing the moment with the small digital camera. The DSLR is big, but it still fits in the diaper bag, and the smiles that I capture are far worth it! Especially now that you'll be trying to get two to smile at the same time!

Saskia said...

Oh how exciting!! I really hope you get one :)

I have a Canon 40d (second hand - only a year old!) and it's fantastic. My husband bought it for me on ebay. I'd recommend buying a camera body second hand and even lenses too...

I have a 50mm f1.4 canon lens (which I love as I don't photograph using a flash ever so I love the small aperture!)

Please do email if you need any advise in more detail!

Saskia x

Rachel H. said...

What a nice camera! I would love to have a really nice one, but I'll probably be stuck with my small digital for now. :)

Lindsey said...

I hope you get your camera!! That cookbook cracks me up!

Lis said...

I love that you are willing to eat Ramen for it - that's dedication - you totally deserve one! I can barely work my canon powershot... sad right? But I am the picture woman (like you and your mom!) and I know when we have kids I'm going to have to upgrade! Keep us posted!!

I hope you and the fam have a wonderful weekend!! It looks like we are going to have awesome temperatures! Wooo Hooo!!! :)

Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are too cute!! I love that you are contemplating eating Ramen in order to get your Rebel! HA

I have the Nikon D60 and I LOVE it! My small point and shoot takes about 15 seconds to snap a pic so I know what you mean about missing the good stuff sometimes! Maybe it could be an early Christmas present?? ;)

Trina said...

I would love to have a fancy one like that. :( I have a Canon but it's just a powershot. Hope you find a great deal!

The Shabby Princess said...

We have a dinky little point and shoot too! It does the job, but, yeah, not great for moving subjects (kids--in our case, pets!). We want a DSLR, we're asking for it for Christmas as our big gift from our parents... We shall see...

Newlywed Next Door said...

HA! I ate Ramen yesterday when I was sick!

I'd love rebel too!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I have a great recipe for Ramen! It really is tasty, but don't neglect your health! :) I to would love this camera!

pinkpolkadotaa said...

Oh my goodness I want one of those cameras!! I borrowed my neighbors Nikon D40 for a few days and I am totally hooked. So worth it!

Kristy said...

I have a Nikon D60. It is great!!! And a little bit cheaper than the Canon, but I think they are the same quality. My photog instructor uses Canon, but says that they are both great. (After giving me a hard time about it! lol)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh man, can I relate to this post!! I don't go far without my camera...actually it is always within reach....even when I am at work:)

I cannot say enough about Canon....I shoot with a Canon EOS 40D and absolutely LOVE it!! I think you will love the rebel. Good luck in your quest for a dslr....you will never go back to your point and shoot!

Please feel free to email me with any questions...as you know, photography has become a bit of a passion for me and I could suggest a couple of great lenses as well!

Lisa

LyndsAU said...

girl, we are about to be eating those to live :) haha!
soo worth the investment!! hope u get it soon :) hugs

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh, once you try it you will be in LOVE : ). The rebel is a GREAT dslr! Oh my goodness : ) It is totally worth eating Ramen noodles. Maybe not every single night though! Good luck! Also, totally keep your old camera for when you go places you don't want to lug the big camera. Like the amusement park!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved