Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lovin' It

1. We started walking again! Everyday... since Monday =). haha. You have to start somewhere! 40-45 min every day so far! Little Boo get strapped to me in the Bj0rn and Hubby strolls Big in the jogging stroller.

I walk just like this woman...but with a baby strapped to my chest, more sweat, shorts or yoga capris with a couple, ok a few, ok several day stubbly legs (I figure nobody can see from that far away, I used to never go out, but that is just different right now, ha [and yes I normally try keep them shaved for my man too]), and I do wear some rockin' sunglasses too, that helps.

I am so glad we've finally started again and I have to say I'm so proud of myself! I am. Three weeks isn't too bad to get started again=). I def need it though. I need to get this body under control! Whew! I sigh every time I catch the site of my bootay in the mirror as I walk out of the bathroom... or see myself in a pic that was just taken. Thank goodness for the digital camera, that's all I'm sayin'. Well here's how it normally goes down... Can we take one more?? that was a terrible angle, ok one more my smile made me look like I have a double chin, ok one more my arm was smooshed and looks enormous, ok really one more my hair looked terrible, haaaa.

And I'm afraid to go in public without Next Edition right by my side for fear someone is going to ask me when I'm due, I still look 5 mos preg, ha. Or I feel the need to tell anyone around me we have a 3 wk old baby (and 2yr old) at home, haaa. And that I was stretched to 50 weeks the 1st preggy. Justification people. It's all about justification.

2. Next Edition has quite the little sucker!!! BabyBoy did too and we even got confirm of that from the nurses when he was in the NICU! Woowee. I have to make sure when my hand guides his soft little head to his breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, and 11pm dinner (all snacks are full meals too btw=)), that I don't squeeze when he latches on and starts going=). [and yes he does have a good latch] Just picture this comin' at you... ha!

And then he'll start stretching and moving his head around but he keeps... umm me... in his mouth, yowzers, ha!

3. I am so not a fan of having to wear pads. I am just not a pad person at all. I feel like I am in the 1800s with a big wad of paper in ma trousers. But alas that's all we're allowed to use and it could last around 6 weeks. Not compaining, just sharing =).

4. I confess that currently my main desire to exercise is so I can keep eating and have my sweets. ha! Don't get me wrong, I want a rockin' bod, or at least my old bod (ha) back, but that's just going to take some time. But if anyone has the phone number for Mr. Will (ICurrentlyHaveVeryLittle) Power, please send it my way =). Because this is not working...

If you ever have a question of being able to love more than one little one, don't think anymore, it's amazing. We are having so much fun with these two sweet boys! Do we get tired, yes. Does the big one get riled up sometimes, yes. Does the little one cry sometimes, yes. Have I been wearing the same clothes for days, yes. But God is good and we're loving it!!!

21 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Way to go on walking! I wish I was so motivated!

The Pink Chick said...

By the way, have you received your scarf from my giveaway that you won? I have been meaning to ask you. They shipped it, so I just wanted to make sure it made it to you.

Lauren said...

I just love walking...Hubby & I try to walk every night with our furry son, Bogey. It's such a great time for us!

Adie said...

You made me cringe when you talked about him latching on! My little ones both have alligator jaws and I swore I would pass out everytime they would latch on. Makes me sweat even now. Sadly at 3 weeks I was carrying the baby and somebody asked me when I was due. I told them 3 weeks ago - hence the baby. Some people. ;)

ARK said...

I am laughing so hard right now and so appreciate your honesty. I needed the laugh right now so thanks! The pic of the vac is hysterical! I love your sense of humor-totally agree about the pads too:) Thank God for blogs so we can print them out and save them for our kids when they are teenagers just so they know all we have done for them:) See you soon!

You look beautiful!

My name is Megan... said...

it is okay to exercise to eat! I HATE pads too! hope you are doing good!!

The Farmer Files said...

aaahggghhh making me wonder how my post partum is gonna go!!!

Sandy Toes said...

Way to go with the walking..yahoo.
sandy toe

Gooch Family said...

Funny post! I have to agree on most all your list, ha. You look at your butt now after the baby, and here I am saying that while pregnant, I hate pads also they are just awful and you feel dirty all the time, and I work out for the same reason - to eat sweets, haha.

Molly said...

So happy for you! Walking with kids is so fun. They notice every little detail that I don't stop to look at.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

You are so right. You don't know how you're going to love the second one as much, but WOW does it happen fast! Good for you for getting out there so quickly!
Carrie

Rebecca Jo said...

Good for you for getting back out there so quickly... heck, your body was looking good even PG - you were only baby... so I'm sure you are ALREADY sporting a hot body!!!

Enjoy the exercise though..

& I hate pads with a passion too! Dont even know why people CHOOSE that... BLAH!

Lucky in Love said...

That is so exciting that you are out walking again. I know exercising always makes me feel better!

And I am the exact same way about pictures....I make Matt take a billion every time I want one and he gets so annoyed!

Ha...I had to wear pads during my "female issues" and it was awful! I feel like I'm wearing diaper...and everyone can see! It's so bulky!

Lindsey said...

Way to go on the walking, girl! You are supermom!!!

pocket full of pink said...

Good for you!! Man, if you can do it, I can do it!!

The Shabby Princess said...

Aw, I'm so glad you guys are having the chance to spend time out and walking together. That such a nice time and your kiddos will remember that!

Jenny.Lee said...

I feel the need to say you are so awesome! :) Walking with the family is so much fun. The boys just got bikes so it's much easier to go for jogs with them.

Lane said...

YAY! Good for you for getting out and about walking! It's been WAY too hot around here for us to, but I try to get out at sunset and take a stroll. Can't wait for fall!! :)

Saskia said...

Yay for starting the walking again!! I bet it felt great just to start your normal activities again, this time as 4 and not 3!!

The vaccuum photo made me laugh so hard!! I have all this to look forward to (hopefully!)

Have a great weekend.

Saskia xx

MOMSWEB said...

Hubby and I try to walk four miles at least 3-4 times a week, but now that the boys have started football practice, our walks are limited. I love walking!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Way to get out there girlie!! Just keep it up!!

And I hate pads too. I had to wear them after my surgery and was miserable! I felt like an 80 year old!


Twitter   Pinterest   RSS

Newest Edition

 photo IMG_7802_zps455365ec.jpg

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved